It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Created Date' on 'recent posts'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi. Not sure if this has been asked. I couldn't find it. There was talk about not having 'anti-threads' and Springer mentioned we should look at the timestamp to make sure we alerted on the newest anti-threads and not the original...when I look at the 'recent posts' I can see the last POST timestamp, but not the timestamp of when the thread was CREATED. That would be very helpful to me, every day, not just when I'm trying to compare a couple identical, or close to identical threads.

Does anyone know a way to make that show up? Am I missing something? It would be nice to be able to see the 'created' date on the 'recent posts' screen.

Sorry if this has been addressed before. IF so, please point me in the right direction, or heck, just point me in the wrong direction and laugh at me.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The time stamp is located at the top of each post.

To look for the thread time stamp, check the time stamp of the opening post...for example...yours...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The time stamp is located at the top of each post.

To look for the thread time stamp, check the time stamp of the opening post...for example...yours...

Yeah, I understand that.
Thanks though. But then i have to actually OPEN the thread...if the created date showed in the 'recent posts' summary page, I wouldn't have to open the thread to see it was a newer thread started than another with a very close name...

make sense?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

In a perfect world...

Seriously...that is the only way I know of...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Come on, you're a Super Moderator.
Rush into your phone booth, switch into your spandex and come save me and my cat from this impending doom.

I tried to find it in the customize thingy, but alas, no luck. That's about my only complaint about this site, other than the anti-threads. I think I might have done of those before though.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Come on, you're a Super Moderator.
Rush into your phone booth, switch into your spandex and come save me and my cat from this impending doom.

Actually I am but a lowly regular mod. I don't eat at the Super Mod table during the holidays...

Though I wish I could help you out...there is not much more I can say.

However, drop your idea off in the following thread:

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

oh...sorry, my bad...
I didn't know I was talking to a peon.
Nah, just kidding. Thanks for taking the time to respond to a member of the screaming masses, or squawking baby vultures..

new topics

top topics

join