It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's support falls among white voters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

US President Barack Obama's support among white voters has plummeted, imperilling his ambitious political agenda.

His support among white voters fell to below 50 per cent for the first time in his presidency following his accusation the police "acted stupidly" in arresting a black Harvard professor,

A Pew research poll found that 53 per cent of white voters approved of Mr Obama's job performance before his prime-time intervention in the furore over whether Sergeant Joseph Crowley, a white officer, was right to arrest Henry Louis Gates Jr, a black studies professor.

This dropped to 46 per cent in just two days as many white supporters reacted with dismay to Mr Obama's statement, which he tried to rectify by arranging a "beer summit" at the White House in which he and Vice President Joe Biden sipped their chosen brews in the Rose Garden under the gaze of the media. www.telegraph.co.uk...

Amazing stuff. This fall in popularity is really about Obama's ill judged comment over the Crowley and Gates incident.

While most of us are accustomed to obnoxious news items of police behaviour, whether it is accurate or not; because Obama commented on the matter, there is a disproportionate reaction. Obama is the president and is tackling immense problems, he should have brushed off the query made to him in the press conference as a police and legal matter and left it at that.

He didn't because this kind of thing is part of the AfroAmerican experience in very real terms but by no means unique. It was a case of a middle aged academic and a police officer issuing conflicting stories. The academic happened to be black in a culture with endless stories of black people being railroaded by law enforcement.

While Obama should have remained above this problem, the reaction proves there is a lack of trust despite the good will of so many white people voting for him. People forget that Obama's loyalty is for America and think that a sophisticate like him would carry a concious disregard for white citizens. This is not the nature of power, harbouring such thoughts is a hindrance and the occupation of the ignorant.

If America can suffer the likes of Dubya Bush, they can certainly tolerate a misjudged comment coming from a new president reflecting on his historical awareness.

NOTE I am not American and don't care whether an American is black or white. You are all Yanks to me.

[edit on 043131p://pm3125 by masonwatcher]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Bush is a saint compared to Obama. At least he left my healthcare alone and dident triple the national debt in a mere 6 months. Id rather Bush for life then Obama for a single term.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

When will they just throw everybody into the pot and say X amount of Americans approve or disproves. Why play the white/black card.

Enough already.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

You will find that the banking crisis kicked off on Dubya's watch and the trillions being issued in Obama's presidency is an attempt to prevent the US economy from completely collapsing. That is where most of your taxes are going.

Regarding your health care; shame you were not too concerned about the millions who had no coverage and who are mostly the working poor. It is their turn now.

[edit on 043131p://pm3154 by masonwatcher]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

When will they just throw everybody into the pot and say X amount of Americans approve or disproves. Why play the white/black card.

Enough already.

My thoughts exactly. Sounds like racism to me. Why no mention of Black voters on the report? How is THEIR approval rating? So then, if Obama's approval slips, it's just 'whiteys' fault.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

How quickly people forget that . . .

HE IS HALF WHITE!

Pulling the race card in any Obama discussion is a straw man.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Yup. People forget that his mum is white and he was raised by his white grandparents. He is melting pot America.

So it is really a straw man issue. So I wonder what is being overlooked with this exaggerated news item?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Amazing stuff. This fall in popularity is really about Obama's ill judged comment over the Crowley and Gates incident.

Which is exactly why the right jumped all over it because they knew it would have an impact. Where the comments stupid? Yes....but he did the only thing he could do as a result. He apologized to no one...acknowledged the problem...and have a sit down. He sways either way...it would raise racial tensions higher...and we don't need that.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

You will find that the banking crisis kicked off on Dubya's watch and the trillions being issued in Obama's presidency is an attempt to prevent the US economy from completely collapsing. That is where most of your taxes are going.

Ouch...agree with Dubya's horrible Presidency without a doubt...and Obama had to keep the economy from collapsing. The point is that he received ridiculous amounts of money from Goldman Sach's, wants to give the Federal Reserve MORE POWER (the same entity that created the crisis in the first place by dropping interests rates too low), he's in bed with corporate power, etc.

The money the banks are receiving from the Fed is criminal. They actually make money off of interest from the FED by holding it and NOT LENDING MONEY. It's a scam and he's done nothing to stop it...he's actually trying to give them more power.

Obama isn't the only one at fault for this either...it's just the tip of the iceberg really. Very few politicians are not swayed by corporate lobbyist and special interest groups....the same entities that write our laws...which is why people no longer feel the government is working for them anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

HE IS HALF WHITE!

Pulling the race card in any Obama discussion is a straw man.

Yeah, tell that to HIM! The only time Obama has mentioned his being half white is when he told us that he was embarrassed by his maternal grandmother's (the white side) attitude. I actually think this whole Gates thing was a set up because up until that point he had been being pressured that he wasn't taking up the "black cause" in his presidency. Interesting that Gates was a "personal friend".

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
OMG........really? The race card BS again????? I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it. Leave it to the MSM to perpetuate such idiocy.

Honestly, why can't people just despise him because he sucks (pardon me for dumbing down my statement but that's my opinion in a nutshell). He's Bush redux as far as I'm concerned. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it for the majority of people.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yeah. I don't agree that a man is judged by his color...or SHOULD be rather...I know it happens...

What makes me mad is why they had to specifically mention the 'white voters.'

All I want to know is why. What's the point? Is it to keep sticking the wedge in to divide us more?

It just really doesn't matter. But it seems real important to someone to have something to blame things on. Why can it not just be the circumstances, the crisis as it is?

Perhaps his approval is slipping merely because a lot of people don't agree with his policies or actions.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Barack Obama's support falls among white voters

That's because he acted 'stuuuuuuuuuuuuupidly'. All those years (20) of anti-white training in the black liberation theology cult in Chicago came rushing up and out of his mouth ... oooops! It's gunna' cost Barry some votes!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The whites are getting upset because his farm bill is going to kill off the family farms & half of the health care bill is medicade which is worthless & broke. You can't spend money you don't have and you can't eat food you don't have. TANSTAAFL is an acronym for the adage "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" made memorable by Heinlein in "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress". This was one of the first revolution training manuals. The first Bush said no new taxes. Wait until you see the taxes comming for you. The blacks thought trickle down was stupid under Regan. Now they are seeing the FART theory in action on them.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
it only well among white voters because among black voters it is still 100%. minus mike steele

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In response to Obama's racist comment at a press conference, "it" being a part of the afroamerican experience is not an acceptable defense.

When he ran for president, white America did not look at color. Most whites have tried and tried and tried to get past the color thing but blacks just flat won't let it happen. It's a comfort zone for them, they have found it WORKS for them, they can use it for ammo anytime anyplace.

I have had my gutfull of it. I hope this jerk is not re-elected in 2012. If he is then folks the USA has become a bottom feeder and all hope is lost.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Bombeni]

top topics

join