It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Rail Passengers Killed After Complaining of Humming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Two passengers have been stabbed to death after they complained about a man humming on a train, say reports in China.

The knifeman was humming along to his CD player when three people in the carriage complained about the noise.

A fight began and the trio wrestled the man to the floor and began beating him, said the state-run Xinhua news agency.

The man — identified only by his surname Yan — then pulled out a blade and stabbed all three of them.

One died on the train, while another died later in hospital.

The third man was taken to hospital and is recovering from his injuries.

Yan was arrested by police on the train, which was travelling from Kunming to Chengdu.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

From the way the article puts it, it seems the man was being ganged up on. Of course, humming CAN be annoying, but it is never worth the fight. I'm anxious to see if we'll find out who was the aggressor in this attack. The man's knife was a little overboard, but not if he was being beaten by three men at once.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Geez.

Reminds me of the OLD Time Life commercial.. "John Wesley Hardin was so mean that he shot a man....for snoring.'

That ought to teach us to be quiet.

A friend of mine complained last night about a lady's dog jumping up on him. We have a leash law and the dog wasn't leashed.

The lady got in her car and followed my friend, who was walking his dog, for four blocks, screaming that he was going to burn in hell. People are getting really cooky.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Obvious self defense. Anyone who knows about real world fighting knows that even a single hit from a man can be fatal. He was beaten on the floor by 3 guys which is a very deadly position. He is very lucky guy to have been able to get the knife, otherwise the topic would be 'mob kills a man on a train'.
I'm not sure what the law around there is though. Here even self defense is considered a crime if you happen to use a weapon.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

This is like a Rorschach test, with us posters' responses dictated by our individual predispositions/experiences...
because I feel like crazy people hum, and inappropriately, and don't listen, and carry knives...I think crazy Yan made a bad noise, and bad decisions, and attacked the helpless clueless unarmed normals...that would be my vote...BAD YAN, HE WAS THE ONE...yup-yup...self-defense, not so much...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ask yourselves this...

Would any of you gang up and beat somebody for humming no matter how annoying it was?

Self defense IMO but will he get off?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117

Two passengers have been stabbed to death after they complained about a man humming on a train, say reports in China.

The knifeman was humming along to his CD player when three people in the carriage complained about the noise.

A fight began and the trio wrestled the man to the floor and began beating him, said the state-run Xinhua news agency.

The man — identified only by his surname Yan — then pulled out a blade and stabbed all three of them.

One died on the train, while another died later in hospital.

The third man was taken to hospital and is recovering from his injuries.

Yan was arrested by police on the train, which was travelling from Kunming to Chengdu.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

From the way the article puts it, it seems the man was being ganged up on. Of course, humming CAN be annoying, but it is never worth the fight. I'm anxious to see if we'll find out who was the aggressor in this attack. The man's knife was a little overboard, but not if he was being beaten by three men at once.

Shouldnt the title read "Two people killed in self defense by victim of savage attack"
????????

They ganged up on him and he defended himself, end of story.
Sorry, but if anybody attacks me then its game on so to speak.
Nobody should feel sorry for the dead, they brought it on themselves.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
yea like everyone says if he was against 3 men he had the right to use the knife or whatever other mean to protect himself

if anyone should be charged it should be the 3rd man who didnt die

attacking someone for humming just means people got some real serious mental issues

new topics

top topics

join