It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cross country trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hello fellow members,

I have a job in san francisco the begginning of October. I live in florida and thought I would take this opportunity to fullfill a dream of a cross country road trip.

I am planning on spending a week in San Francisco and at least 1.5 weeks getting there and 1.5 weeks getting back. I can drive 1-10 west 140- west or 1-85 west or a combination of all three.

I am looking for your ideas and suggestions for the ultimate road trip. I like doing photography, and camping. I like unusual places and beautiful natural places like national parks etc.

Here are a few things on my list I just started. I am hoping you can add to the list and even post pictures if you have any.

Thanks for your help

Roswell
White sands
Grand canyon
Picacho state park Arizona
Petrified forest
Trinity nuclear bomb site

[edit on 3-8-2009 by photobug]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
wow nobody has any ideas of neat and fantastic places around the states I can add to my excursion?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

My suggestion would be Maine, but that's way out of your way =(

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Stop by my house for a burrito and a cold Corona. It's the house with two small dogs and a black mailbox. It's in the "Land of Enchantment"

Even though Roswell is in the "Land of Enchantment" it is pretty much just a corny tourist trap. At least Santa Fe and Taos though touristy; beautiful, very hip, and expensive.

Albuquerque and surronding environs on old Rt. 66, vibrant, avant garde, multi cultural, Tamalewood!!

[edit on 4-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the invite.

I think I have taken roswell of my list and replaced it with rachel nevada and area 51. That seems almost as enticing as a burito and corona. I'll keep my eye out for that black mailbox.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mesa Verde... I learned to be afraid of ladders there when I was 7. Caves... always different.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

Hi photobug,

You might wanna take a look at this thread of a cross country road trip we took recently: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Definitely skip Roswell, tis a big waste of time ...

And if you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out, I have done the trip over ten times and I'm happy to share any info I have with you.

top topics

join