It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post office looking at closing hundreds of offices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
AP News Source

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Facing staggering financial losses, the Postal Service is looking at closing as many as 1,000 offices across the country....

In the article it blames the closings on lack of income due to the increasing use of the internet and email. I feel that the revenue loss is not as great as they say. People have actually increased in use of USPS to ship products and items bought on the internet. This increase in online shopping and shipping has more than made up for the loss of letters being mailed.

How about we call it how it is. The government was paying the postal employees just like the auto makers were. Too much for so little and so many benifits. I guess if the government does it then it is the lack of revenues fault but if a private company does it then it is mismanagement.

If the government does this it is mismanagement as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Agreed. How long has the US Postal Service been the poster child for mismanagement? They've been the butt of jokes since I was a child. Well...a lot younger anyway...at least 35 years...

They raise rates at least once a year, sometimes twice. It's great to get mail, but hell, mine is always only bills anyway. Let 'em close.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Their incompetence is astonishing. Anything I order from Amazon.com or anywhere else online I select 2 day shipping just to avoid the US Postal Service as UPS and FedEx seem to be more efficient and much quicker.

I once ordered a book from a secondary source on Amazon that was located 2 towns over. I selected standard shipping and it took almost a week to arrive ... from 2 towns over but I guess it had to go to a central sorting facility and what not.

new topics

join