It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Overdue Ban On A Dangerous Sweetener

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

The problem is that it is everywhere. Aspartame is so widely used in food products that it is very difficult to avoid.

Why should one have to go out of their way to avoid the poison?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

Consider making your own iced tea in big batches. It is so easy and tastes much much better. Just boil a gallon of water steep 6 tea bags in it until you get your desired darkness and then while it is hot add a little sugar to taste. Then pour the hot tea over ice or just let it cool. Keep a big pitcher of it in the refrigerator and you are good to go. Take a thermos or to-go cup of it with you as you head out for the day. I think if you try it you will like it. And you control the sweetener witch is great. The average serving of High Fructose Corn Syrup in an American soft drink or sports drink is equal to 17 sugar packets!! Doesn't that blow your mind?

Take care and enjoy that tea.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am very mindful of aspartame and what i choose to give my kids and myself. It just goes to show public health and safety comes in a distant second where profits are concerned.

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread but wasn't Dick Cheney responsible for pushing this through the FDA way back when, i thought i read that somewhere recently?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I confess I haven't read all the posts but I thought I would inject a little sanity into what I have read:

www.aspartametruth.net...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
I confess I haven't read all the posts but I thought I would inject a little sanity into what I have read:

www.aspartametruth.net...

Holy propoganda batman

Inject a little sanity or insanity?

The American FDA once published an annual tally of volunteered complaints on this chemical that named 92 toxic reactions including blindness, sexual dysfunction and death. When the toll exceeded 10,000 complaints in 1995, FDA halted this archive and today denies it ever existed. Here it is on FDA stationery:
www.wnho.net...

He found that 92% of independent peer reviewed studies showed grave problems caused by aspartame. Eliminate 6 studies FDA controlled and one pro-aspartame summary and the score became 100% negative for aspartame. Only research bought or controlled by the manufacturers said it was safe.
www.dorway.com...

AND
www.mindfully.org...

AND
www.dorway.com...

AND
www.dorway.com...

www.indymedia.org.nz...

You have not inject any sanity in this thread my friend
All you did was expose the NZFSAS

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If aspartame is safe, and that's injecting sanity, why am I so allergic to it, when parts of it they claim to be in it do not cause the same reaction in other items?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Was that a Sisters of Mercy quote?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

That's the biggest bunch of whore's sh1t I've ever read. Get out of here Rumsfeld.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Of course I should have known what to expect on a conspiracy website.

I have no problem with industry supported research as long as it's peer reviewed and produces repeatable results. Research is expensive and industry has both an interest in discovering the safety of new products and the budget to fund the research.

The fact is all the stories of aspartame's toxicity rely on anecdotal evidence or research by agenda driven zealots.

The fact is the vast, overwhelming body of peer review scientific studies done show aspartame is completely safe in normal use. You can believe all the groups on this web page are involved in some vast conspiracy orchestrated by the "evil" pharmaceutical industry but I find the concept ludicrous.

www.aspartame.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You can believe all the groups on this web page are involved in some vast conspiracy orchestrated by the "evil" pharmaceutical industry but I find the concept ludicrous.

Really?
You believe that the idea that rich people wanting to be richer is ludicrous?

wow

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I for one would like to have a list of ALL the businesses, items, consumables and such that Donald Rumsfeld has had a hand in...... So I can avoid them all like the plague. Ive searched online but haven't been able to get a complete list as of yet. That guy is evil incarnate IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Really?
You believe that the idea that rich people wanting to be richer is ludicrous?

wow

Wow, indeed. Of course most rich people want to be richer. Where we differ is I don't believe most rich people are evil. Unlike what you have been taught, and apparently believe, I know most rich people are not rich because they were "lucky in life's lottery" or "in the right place at the right time" or other euphemisms that suggest their wealth is due to luck and not their own efforts. Most rich people are rich because they are smart, tough, and hard working. You'll also find they're mostly very generous in supporting a wide range of charities. It's the idea that most rich people would knowingly and willingly poison other people for money that's ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

You don't have to believe it for it to be true.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I drank diet pops consistently for about two years (on weekly bases). I just didn't care for how sweet regular pop was, I knew Aspartame is bad for you, just didn't know how bad!!!

A little over 1.5 year of using Diet drinks, i noticed i was getting stomach pain in the morning, it got worse and worse as months went by to a point where I would wake up from the pain. Went to the doctors, did all my tests and they had no idea what was wrong with me, since all the numbers were on target.

I then read an article online on how Aspartame when used on mice it acted as toxic acid and melt the inline of their stomach, not to mention the HUGE damage it does to your nervous system and brain damage causing mood swings/imbalincement, not to mention it increased your craving for food... rather then suppress (made you want to eat more not less, so people actually gained weight on it)

I completely cut Aspartame out of my diet and couple of weeks later my stomach pain disappeared. I went back to the doctor showing him the documents on Aspartame and how it can cause serious intestine problems and other negative effects on the body and he told me there are currently NO tests that can evaluate aspartame use as a cause of health problem...!@#@&*

maybe they should, imagine how may other people have same problem and being diagnosed with wrong condition and being fed a whole lot of pills to numb their pain, rather then fixing the core problem.... BANNING aspartame.

At least in Japan the government cares about their people enough that they banned any Import/use of Aspartame since they consider it POISON.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's the idea that most rich people would knowingly and willingly poison other people for money that's ludicrous.

Really?

Please give your comments about the above please

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Aspartame is a real killer!!!! Having had first hand experiences of its effects, I can vouch for the huge negative effects it has on the human body!! Including the formaldehyde bit!!

Mission Possible International is an organisation set to expose aspartame and inform the people about its negative effects.

See the following links:

www.wnho.net, www.mpwhi.com and www.dorway.com Aspartame Toxicity
>Center, www.holisticmed.com/aspartame

Its really scary stuff!!

Stay sweet without aspartame!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join