It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "first" aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I figured i post this here since my topic is about aliens...and that couldnt find any archived topics seaching the board....

anybody have any information on the first aliens?....

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
if all life on this planet was engineered and/or seeded, then the first bacteria or algae were the first "aliens".

If only humans are engineered, then we are the first aliens.

If all life currently on earth is native, then the first aliens probably stopped by a few billion years ago to monitor what was happening here. Who knows where they were from.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The lost teachings of atlantis has many answers for you...

Lost Teachings of Atlantis

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

i quickly read the introduction and sounds interesting...kinda reminds me of david sereda as he searches for enlightenment as well...but not as going so far as being one with yourself as the answer to my question might take a while...

so...as far as the first alien, first intelligent being...i know this wont get far, but i wonder if any past encounters if that question was ever asked...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here they are.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c89e45086419.jpg[/atsimg]

Astronome r may have discovered alien bacteria

What is the most exciting part of the experiment?
These new forms of bacteria were discovered in outer space and are resistant to ultra violet radiations. This discovery could open the doors for studying the possible existence of aliens in a new way. Astrophysics and astrochemistry are known disciplines in science. This discovery could mark the beginning of yet another new field astrobiology.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whitemotel

if you go on to read it explains the origins of man and the first aliens. its in the first couple of chapters, its an easy and interesting read. you'll probably enjoy it.

but don't take it as fact... just take it for what it is

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

heres the original paper:

www.iucaa.ernet.in...

and an excerpt:

3.3.Discussion of a space origin for the isolates

An extraterrestrial origin of the isolates [17] provides a consistent, if controversial, explanation of our findings. The bacterial material, cultured in the present experiment, and detected earlier through fluorescence microscopy, can be regarded as forming part of the 100 tonnes day-1 input of cometary material known to reach the Earth. Critics of panspermia may argue that 3 m n radius particles get burnt through frictional heating and end up as meteors. Some fraction may do, but others would not. Survival depends of many factors such as angle of entry and mode of deposition in the very high stratosphere. Several modes of entry can be considered that permit intact injection into the stratosphere, possibly starting off as larger aggregates released from comets that disintegrate into a cascade of slow-moving smaller clumps at heights above 270km where frictional heating would be negligible. Evidence for such disintegrations has been available for many years [18], and more recent studies of particles collected using U2 aircraft have also shown the survivability of extremely fragile organic structures.

Many microbiologists will probably react negatively, as we initially did, to the suggestion that the any stratospheric bacterial flora would include species of the genus Staphylococcus. This view is prejudiced by the preconception that Staphylococci are solely human pathogens; in reality however, members of this genus are hardy organisms that can exist in a variety of natural environments.

The main theoretical limitation on the view that microorganisms, such as B.simplex, S.pasteuri and E. albus, which are found on earth, arrive from space does not however, relate to problems concerned with survival. Instead, such a bias relates to fundamental genetic and evolutionary considerations. This is because it is considered difficult to reconcile prevailing ideas on the evolution of microorganisms and recognised phylogenetic relationships with the view that organisms, identical to those found on earth, are continually entering the system from another source; except that is if evolution occurs elsewhere at rates and in the direction which are identical to evolution on earth, or if terrestrial evolution is driven from outside. It is noteworthy however, that bacteria with genome sequences essentially identical to those of modern bacteria have been isolated in salt crystals of known ancient provenance [19,20]. Such studies have created considerable controversy since they, like our findings, would suggest that either the isolates were contaminants or that evolutionary and phylogenetic microbiology is more convoluted than is generally thought [21].

4.Conclusions

Studies such as these, in which space- derived samples are returned to earth for microbial sampling can readily be dismissed on the basis that any organism isolated must be earth-based contaminants, even though the balance of evidence suggests that this is not the case in our study. Future planned cryoprobes will hopefully help to demonstrate that our results are repeatable. However, the only certain means of proving the existence of microorganisms in the stratospheres is to send probes where samples can be analysed in situ in space; hopefully the present studies will encourage the sending of such probes in the not too distant future.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Longchenpa]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

amazing...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannyfal
reply to post by whitemotel

if you go on to read it explains the origins of man and the first aliens. its in the first couple of chapters, its an easy and interesting read. you'll probably enjoy it.

but don't take it as fact... just take it for what it is

i def will read it.....it will take me a good min to finish it...thanks again

new topics

top topics

join