It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MediaMatters.org commercial against Lou Dobbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just saw this video today:

They apparently have purchased air time on Lou Dobbs' show to show this commercial on national television. Not sure how they jump to the broad conclusion that people who question the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate are exhibiting signs of "racially-charged paranoia".

There's nothing racist about this.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paradigm619

WOW! What a B.S. commercial! Racially charged paranoia???

At least CNN is taking a stance on something. FOX is usually left out in the cold all by itself!

What is mediamatters.org, and how do I boycott it?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's straight out of the Alinsky play book...Rules for Radicals...marginalize, ridicule, and alienate your adversary from his base support...by whatever means necessary.

Truth has no place in whats going on now.

edit for spelling.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Racially charged paranoia pretty much nails it.

Dunno if you guys are aware, but Ground Zero for the "birther movement" is a guy named Andy Martin, perennial crank and neo-Nazi.

Choice quotes from the guy:

Many of these filings were anti-Semitic in nature. In his motion for the 1983 bankruptcy case, he called the judge "a crooked, slimy Jew who has a history of lying and thieving common to members of his race." In another motion that year, Martin stated, "I am able to understand how the Holocaust took place, and with every passing day feel less and less sorry that it did." He went on to say that "Jew survivors are operating as a wolf pack to steal my property." When later pressed in an interview about his remarks, Martin claimed that the anti-Semitic comments were inserted into his court papers by malicious judges.

Stormfront has also been a pushing the "birther" story, bigtime.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

A lot of very bad people support fundamentally good causes for the wrong reasons. I don't associate myself with that guy, and presumably neither do most people who question the validity of Obama's birthplace.

You can't lump everyone into the same group just because one person (or even several people) who supports the cause is a racist.

**edited to fix grammar

[edit on 3-8-2009 by paradigm619]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's funny anytime we have serious questions about our government choices we're labeled anti-semetic or racially motivated. These people really are pretty stupid if they seriously consider it that way. Lou dobbs is a hero in my book and these others need to get a serious case of wake up or shut up.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well I'm not really in the "all birthers are racists" camp - some certainly are, some are motivated primarily by ideology, and (especially here on ATS) some are motivated by mistrust of politicians in general.

However, it seems the origins of the theory come from Martin, a fairly unambiguous racist (and crank) - draw whatever conclusions from that you wish.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Have you already forgotten the last 8 years of blaming Bush for 9/11, claiming he stole the election or any of the merchandise celebrating Bush's assassination? Was that all racist too? Where was the media to complain about that, because I remember them actually nurturing the idea.

Media Matters is a far left propaganda group started up by Hillary Clinton.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Wimbly]

new topics

top topics

join