It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sebelius and Specter get an earfull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well the first link is to Fox news video of people getting angry at these two.

Specter and Sebelius

Then here is another one from the same event.

Looks like people are starting to get very angry, and it is spreading across the country. The look on their faces when that lady is tearing into them is priceless.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

You're right. This is only the beginning. I sent letters to both of my US senators, giving them an earful. I bet many Congressional members will now CANCEL any town meetings they were going to have, or else to only hold staged ones, like Obama does, where only supporters can get in, and the questions are given to them in advance. Our government has become a complete sham. Democracy is dead in America. We are under a de-facto dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes we are, and people are starting to get to the point where there is nothing to lose. They are starting to realize it's either stand up now while they still have stuff, or wait until they have already taken everything.

This stuff is just going to snowball, especially now that they are talking about raising our taxes after spending a bunch of money that we didn't want them to spend.

I'm glad too it's about time this sham gets brought down.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Of course, we have to understand that only FoxNews will ever cover any rebellion against what is going on. MSNBC, of course, will present their phony polls of ultra-left liberals who say they support everything that is going on. I think that their poll sample consists of Keith "madman" Olberman, Rachel Maddow, and Chris "tingle running down my leg" Matthews.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Agreed.

These video's have show how out of touch these people really are, and it is a shame that only FOX is going to cover them. I don't particularly like FOX all that much, but it's the only channel that even attempts to be balanced at presenting the issues.

It's a shame. It's good that people are waking up though.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I'm trying to keep this thread going for you, because I believe it is an important issue. I hope others chime in here.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
one word

priceless

people aren't as dumb as TPTB think

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Thanks, appreciate. I believe it is an important issue also, I don't know what it is about some people, I guess they only like it when the doom and gloom ends in complete destruction and the TPTB get to declare victory. Things like this challenge that reality of theirs.

I'm glad people are finally speaking out, it's about time.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

No, they are not. These video's prove that people have just been quite and the silent majority is starting to get vocal. I say it's a good thing, I still love the looks on both of their faces, they are like holy # what are we doing. You should see the look on the secret service agents face while they are talking he's like if this place breaks out into a riot I might not do anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
For those that are interested, here is the website where you can get the contact information for your US Senators from your state:

www.senate.gov...

Speak up and let them know what you think about the health care bills.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I bet many Congressional members will now CANCEL any town meetings they were going to have, or else to only hold staged ones, like Obama does, where only supporters can get in, and the questions are given to them in advance.

Well, they have other tricks to avoid having to face their constituents.

Windbag John Murtha of Pennsylvania has decided to hold his town meetings via telephone.

www.indianagazette.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Windbag John Murtha of Pennsylvania has decided to hold his town meetings via telephone.

Ah, yes, John Murtha of ABSCAM fame. It's amazing that he's still around. He only got off because he agreed to rat on others caught in the ABSCAM deal.
The guy is more crooked than Al Capone was.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The people causing trouble in these meeting are being paid by the health care lobby to do so. You people protecting private healthcare are being snookered so that private health care can keep abusing you. You already pay too much and get lousy service in return. Why would anyone protect that system? One day the private system will let you down and you will be singing a different tune. Anyone here paying COBRA premiums? If you are, you know firsthand how you are being fleeced.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

The people causing trouble in these meeting are being paid by the health care lobby to do so. You people protecting private healthcare are being snookered so that private health care can keep abusing you.

First of all, I doubt you can PROVE the first statement you made.
Second, the fact that people are upset doesn't mean that they like the current system, but rather they don't like how the reforms are being written. Reform is necessary, but not if it is worse than the current system. THAT is what people are expressing their rage over, not reform itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I heard this clip on the radio today. I say bravo to the lady who launched into them. The sad part is, Specter and his ilk are too stupid to realize that people are angry because they don't want nationalized healthcare.

I heard a few clips the other day of certain politicians claiming that the people were angry because it had taken so long to address this issue, when in fact, they're angry because they're addressing it in this fashion. How can they be so clueless?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

I heard a few clips the other day of certain politicians claiming that the people were angry because it had taken so long to address this issue, when in fact, they're angry because they're addressing it in this fashion. How can they be so clueless?

And after years of ignoring the problem, all of a sudden it's gotta be 'solved' yesterday, without proper vetting and discussion.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's amazing how out of touch these people are. What is even more amazing is that the people still keep getting voted back in. It's like they are all sociopaths they make excuses up in their heads in order for them to convince themselves that what they are hearing isn't what people really want.

The whole argument that we need to do "something" for the sake of doing "something" isn't going to fly. We do need reform, but how about we actually try the options that don't cost us even more money.

Edit to add - Thanks to everyone that has chimed in on this thread!

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

It's amazing how out of touch these people are. What is even more amazing is that the people still keep getting voted back in.

That's exactly the impression that I get when I listen to some of them. They look so smug and condescending, as if they are listening to the crowd just to make it appear they care. However, their mind has already been made up.

Hopefully the reaction will be similar at every town meeting they hold. And if they do not listen, vote them out in 2010!

top topics

join