It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: The Coming Air Raid on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well this is really no suprise. Isreal attack Iraq before it could use its weapons againt Isreal. I fear this could have dire consequences. If Iran declares war it would have to roll through Iraq to get to Isreal and there it would met the US military.

strategypage

Israel is apparently preparing to conduct a long range bombing mission to destroy Iranian nuclear weapons development facilities. Iran has denied trying to build nuclear weapons, but journalists and international nuclear weapons inspectors have found otherwise. It is thought that Iran might assemble its first working nuclear weapon as early as this year. The Islamic conservatives who dominate the Iranian government, and run the nuclear weapons program, loudly and regularly proclaim that Israel and the United States are the greatest enemies of Islam and must be destroyed. Israel made a similar raid on an Iraqi nuclear facility in 1981. The targets are 1600-2500 kilometers away. Getting through Jordanian air space is not a major problem, as the use of surprise and electronic warfare techniques can disable Jordanian air defenses temporarily. Getting through Iraqi air space is not a problem either, although there will probably be an "understanding" that American jets and anti-aircraft missiles in the area will not fire on the Israelis. Israel has smart bombs and electronic warfare weapons that give it bombing capabilities comparable to that of the United States. The major risks in such an air raid would be that one of Israelis Boeing 707 aerial tankers would be shot down while refueling the Israeli warplanes.

Such an air raid would raise an enormous stink in the Moslem world, but the danger of Islamic radicals in Iran getting nuclear weapons is too great to ignore. Already, Iranian Islamic radicals are one of the main supporters (along with money stolen from UN and European Union economic aid to Palestinians) of anti-Israeli terrorism

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Awesome find jetsetter!I do believe that this could very well be the beginnings of World War 3.There is sure to be retalliation and could be the key event for other nations to pick and choose sides.
Better hold on cause it's going to get rough if this happens.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Here are a few links for you....
It becomes obvious that Israel will eventually act (sooner rather than later...) - they've warned Iran, they've warned the US & Britain, they've warned Russia and they've warned the UN... if anyone is suprised when Israel does (and they will) then they have had their head in the sand like an ostrich for the past 4 years.

Israel � which destroyed an Iraqi nuclear plant in Osirak in a 1981 raid � is deeply alarmed by the developments. "It's a huge concern," says one Israeli official. "Iran is a regime that denies Israel's right to exist in any borders and is a principal sponsor of Hezbollah. If that regime were able to achieve a nuclear potential it would be extremely dangerous." Israel will not take the "Osirak option" off the table, the official says, but "would prefer that this issue be solved in other ways."
www.time.com...

Israel has made plans to bomb an Iranian nuclear power plant if it begins producing weapons grade material, it was reported today.
Military commanders have mapped out a route Israeli fighter jets would take to destroy the Bushehr reactor on the Persian Gulf, officials told the Washington Times.
www.ananova.com...

Israel views Iran's nuclear weapons program as the primary threat to its survival. Last week, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said in a lecture delivered to top Israel Defense Forces commanders that Iran's nuclear efforts constitute "the gravest danger to Israel's existence in the future. This is because Iran calls for Israel's annihilation. We must do out our utmost, under U.S. guidance, to delay or eliminate the prospect of the extremist regime [in Tehran] securing weapons of this sort."
middleeastinfo.org...

Israel warned the U.S. that an air strike against Iran's missiles was a strong possibility. Now the Russians have been given similar hints.
In Sunday's New York Post, Uri Dan, an Israeli insider considered a member of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's kitchen cabinet, reported that Sharon raised his nation's concerns with Russian President Vladimir Putin over the aid Russian companies are providing to Iran's nuclear weapons program.
www.newsmax.com...

Iran's nuclear program poses the biggest threat to Israel's existence since the country's creation more than five decades ago, the chief of the Mossad overseas intelligence agency warned...
In a rare appearance before the Knesset's foreign affairs and defence committee, Meir Dagan said Iran was now close to the "point of no return" in developing nuclear arms.
The program was "the biggest threat to Israel's existence since its creation" in 1948, he was quoted as saying.
www.spacewar.com...

Israeli army chief says preemptive strike on Iranian nukes possible
JERUSALEM, Sept 28 (AFP) - Israel traded new threats with Iran Monday as
army chief Shaul Mofaz warned of a possible preemptive strike to keep Tehran
from developing nuclear arms.
"The Israeli army must be ready to launch a preventive strike if this becomes
necessary," General Mofaz said in a radio interview, adding fuel to a heated
debate in Israel over Iran's weapons development programs.
"The preemptive strike has always been part of Israel's strategic options,"
added Mofaz.
www.payk.net...

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by intelgurl]

dz

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And what better time to strike when your best friend America is right there next to you, and not just next to you, but standing in the way between you and your enemy.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's a link to an ongoing weeks worth of discussion on this very subject on ATS titled "Isreal to strike Iran soon"
Related ATS Link

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
things are definitely heating up in the area and it doesn't look good for any of the parties involved.

Iran Warns Israel of Retaliation if Nuclear Facilities Are Attacked

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, and isnt it convienent we have Iran surrounded on both sides. We sure picked an opportune time to be occupying countries!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Even as much as I support Isreal, attack Iran is not the wisest of options. They will get hammerd by every other Arab country, and I think if that were to happen we should not aide them. If we aided a Jewish lead attack on the Mid.East, WW III will arrive on our doorsteps.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The threats of Israel taking out Iran's nuclear capabilities are and have been ongoing and forthcoming. This was covered and mentioned when it was first stated by Israel back in September of last year within ATS:
Israel considers Iran nuke strike:Updated.
(This thread and another also first mentioned Iran's intention to acquire/build nukes)

This is but an update of what was said before by Israel and I am coming to believe that it is being chanted/re-issued as a political ploy to keep pressure on Iran by the US and the International world community and International Nuclear Regulatory folks--IAEA (sp) concerning its (Iran) intended nuclear aspirations.

seekerof

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Iran has Nukes. (c). Now that makes me proud to be Iranian. But nevertheless Iran doesn't want a war. It didn't partake in the US led war against Iraq, because they themselves were prone to attack. This is BS about Iran invading other countries. People in Israel are living in mass poverty. The world is delusional about Iran's economy. My parents went there on vacation a year ago, and said their way of life is a lot higher than in Canada, which is saying a lot. Their economies advanced far more than the average person could imagine.

Yet should Israel be stupid enough to launch the first attack, well they should be anihilated.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If it's going to happen - let Israel do it. I really don't want to see the US thinking we're going to liberate yet another country.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
will isreal wait for iraq to be stable before they make a first strike?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm no expert, but I believe that this one is going to come down sooner rather than later.
During Gulf War I, didn't Bush I prevail upon the Israelis not to use force when they were first attacked by SCUDS?
I would imagine they would think they've been patient long enough.
Again, this is a gut instinct, rather than the theories of an intellectual.
IF Israel hits Iran it will certainly be a "mixed blessing"...good to get rid of Iran's nuclear potential, but very, very tricky geopolitically.
This is OT, but I seem to wake up every morning to a new nightmare scenario playing out before my eyes. I've always been very wary of "official news" and, now, I find my wariness has not been without reason.
That's one of the reason I check this board many times daily. It's fascinating and, frankly, makes me feel less like some conspiratorial crank, to know that others, with good intellects and minds, feel the same. Enough of my rant.
joey

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think Iran is alot closer to making a nuke than the public information would suggest.

Basically Israel isn't going to take any chances and I reckon they will take out he Iranian plants when they have reached some sort of agreement with the USA. After all they had no problem taking out the Iraqi nuclear plants.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What's up jetsetter? I gotta say that if Israel destroys the nuclear power plant in Iran, world war III will get under way shortly thereafter. Now, my question is why would the Israelis do such a thing considering what will happen when they do?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They may do it simply because they felt threatened for so many years and Sharon is in power. I believe Israel has enough nukes to pursue a scorched earth policy in the mideast and make it work. The scary part is whether players outside the mideast would simply remain observers or decide to expand the conflict. In any event, it's not going to be pretty.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Would anyone really want to see Iran with a nuclear weapon? How about if they were to give one to hezbollah? Iran might then really be able to bring death to Israel, as their mullahs want. And, isn't there even Iranian groups who are urging the clerics to abandon their nuclear ambitions? Meaning, they themselves don't want to see Iran as a nuclear power while under mullah control? Heck, I'm surprised this facility hasn't been bombed already. Will anyone be shocked when it happens? How quickly will France condemn the act?

Israel bombing Osirak probably provided more stability to that region that anyone could have imagined. What would Desert Storm have looked like if Saddam had nuclear weapons?

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Bob88]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Bob88,
I really believe they have more than one as we speak, or whatever. The key is that they know Israel has many more. This is the only thing holding them in check. The real key will be whether the Arabs catch up and hold Israel in check as we did the Soviets. Balance in the long run is the key! when one side thinks they have even a slight advatage over the other is when we're most in danger. As the Arabs would say Shi'ite, we're there!!

My avatar's an angel, think we really need him?! I do!!!

new topics

top topics

join