It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Southeast Missouri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Several people report orange lights in Southeast Missouri sky

Orange lights in the night sky have been reported in Southeast Missouri once again.

www.semissourian.com...

This is a few weeks old but I live close to this area and thought it would be of some interest, even though this coule be anything. The Piedmont area was a hotbed for sightings in the early '70s.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I am from SW Missouri, and it is a fairly active place as well.

More importantly, weren't these "orange lights" reported for days and weeks before the last major New Madrid Earthquake? I don't remember where I have read that, but I am certain of seeing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There is a UFO website in the UK, called "North West UFO Research" which has had several of these "orange lights" type of sighting. They do look quite similar in nature to the Missouri sightings... I'll try and add a link to that site. It may be useful for comparison to these ones?

North West UFO Site

I think the 1st sighting listed there is "Orange Lights over Cumbria"
But there are several others listed below that one.

regards,
G

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Some unidentified objects in the region have eventually been identified. In 1973 the Federal Aviation Agency Flight Service Station in Cape Girardeau confirmed that reports of UFO sightings could be attributed to the exhaust of a jet plane.

From the OP article! I love those explanations. What are there, maybe 3000 planes in the sky at any one moment, but us ignorant citizens can't tell a Jet exhaust from a UFO?

If some researcher told me that I saw some jet exhaust, I would probably slap them silly!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is very similar to the lights we've seen in Arizona, northern Mexico and New Mexico. It looks like activity is in the increase.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yea Piedmont was a hot place for a few years. Having grown up there I got to see the whole thing.
To me there have been very few places where this happened like it did .
The reports where coming in fast and on a daily basis.
I still remember the hundreds of people at the top of the hill just outside of the town watching the ufos. They where seen almost every night and they where not normal aircraft that is for sure.

Most had been seeing them for quite a while,but when the lady took a time laps photo for ten minutes of a craft in the sky that is when it went nation wide and the flood of news people and others came into town. And they got to photo and film what was going on.
Then in 73 they had the craft land on Hy 60 out by Elsinore ,can't remember the true spelling. Anyway that was big. And we went there and saw how the trees 50 ft tall where crushed and scraped all the way to near the ground! It was a circle about 30 ft across. Wow did the new media jump on that one. It was really something to see.
It was not just a little damage to the trees but a whole lot of damage. They where scraped deep starting at the top and ending about 3 to 4 feet from the ground. There where marks in the ground about 5 inches deep from where it was said that the landing legs set down.
Also there where a few people who saw this and one man was hurt and burned from being to close. They had a picture of him and it looked like he was sun burned real bad. His glasses where melted into the pavment and there was a photo of that also.
There was a whole lot more to that story that did not make the news at the time. I have wondered what happened to him as after a few years not one heard about what became of this man.
There where about 6 people who saw what happened and it was wild.

Then there was the School buses that did not come back from the basket ball game and the town was really worried about what happened to them. When the started looking for the kids they where found outside of Millspring mo. The bus had come over a hill and there was a UFO in the field right next to them. the buses and the cars that where in the group just quit. All the kids watched this UFO for quite awhile and all the people there also.
This really got people worried as now the kids where involved.
I have reams of data on this as I was there when it went on and I have researched this over the years.
The campers who's tent was flamed as the UFO was over the top. They even got photos of it. It was at a place we called the shut ins .
Yeah,this was a real set of sightings and they have been going on over the years even to this day. Just not as heavy and hard as those few years.
It is a place where you can go even today and have a real good chance of getting a sighting.
This was going on back to the 30's ,it was just that most did not know what was up and the people just did not know what to take of it. But they did not make it known to many from the outside.

I'll have to dig up my data on this to see what else I could post for all to read.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
And here is a follow up story from the same source:
www.semissourian.com...

NASA confirms amateur's assertion that UFO seen in Southeast Missouri was space station

So there you have. It was the space station.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Have you ever watched a pass of the ISS? It's not orange because it's reflecting white light. It looks like a star just above the magnitude of Saturn and just below the magnitude of Jupiter only just a bit more crisp looking. I've watched the ISS many times and it always fits this description.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
And here's another story. This one from Kansas City though, but roughly in the same time frame.
www.examiner.com...

Sphere UFO photographed over Kansas City, Missouri

Could this also be the space station?

top topics

join