It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthers release forged Kenyan birth certificate for Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Birthers release forged Kenyan birth certificate for Obama

www.salon.com

The movement is, naturally, all abuzz. But even people who might normally be inclined to support it, like the founder of conservative forum FreeRepublic.com and the Birthers' favorite self-proclaimed document expert, who declared Obama's Hawaiian certification of live birth a forgery, are calling foul. The document is just another in an increasingly long line of fakes intended to prove Obama wasn't born in the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is great!

So Orly Taitz, Dentist, Real Estate Agent, and newly minted Attorney comes up with a forgery that not even the Freepers are buying!!!

So when do these people get seen for what they are...

sore losers....

I can't see any other reason as to WHY they continue. I mean honestly, what in the world could be a valid reason? I know they hide behind what they think the law is and make others feel as if they must not want to uphold the law, but this is just getting ridiculous.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Did Stanley Dunham ever travel to kenya?

HOW did she miss obama seniors first wife if she visited africa?

Freeps are entertaining though**

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
May I ask why people are so bothered where Obama came from? He could have crawled out from under a rock at the bottom of the pacific for all I care. He is still the US Puppet...erm I mean President. Nothing will change that.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

To hear the Birthers tell it, their Holy Grail has been found: Over the weekend, de facto movement leader Orly Taitz released a photo of what is supposedly a certified copy of a Kenyan birth certificate for President Obama, which shows that he was born in Mombasa, Kenya and not in Hawaii.

The movement is, naturally, all abuzz. But even people who might normally be inclined to support it, like the founder of conservative forum FreeRepublic.com and the Birthers' favorite self-proclaimed document expert, who declared Obama's Hawaiian certification of live birth a forgery, are calling foul. The document is just another in an increasingly long line of fakes intended to prove Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

How do we know?

First of all, Obama was born in Hawaii.
He has released a copy of his actual birth certificate -- the same kind of copy anyone requesting their birth certificate from the state would get -- and it has repeatedly been authenticated by Hawaii officials. They've also said that they've checked the original record in their files, and that Obama was born in Hawaii. Those records are supported by two newspaper announcements from the time of the president's birth -- and those announcements weren't submitted by the family, but taken from hospital records.

The Birthers won't care about that, of course -- they haven't yet.

Well, this doesn't help the partisan support much....

de facto movement leader Orly Taitz:

There is no 'movement'. It is characterized that way because so many people are asking 'inconvenient questions' which the partisans simply froth over.... Taitz leads no one.

supposedly a certified copy of a Kenyan birth certificate

I suppose that they can make this assertion since they spoke with Kenyan officials ... too bad they didn't say so - weak journalism

The document is just another in an increasingly long line of fakes intended to prove Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

I haven't seen any others from Kenya, but I'm sure many forgeries will be released to keep the waters of truth murky... the way it is meant to be

How do we know?

First of all, Obama was born in Hawaii.

Nice, circular logic.

actual birth certificate

'fraid not. Had this issue been resolved as this directly implies, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

repeatedly been authenticated by Hawaii officials.

Disingenuous characterization of facts, it was never 'authenticated' it was claimed to have been authenticated by ONE government of Hawaii official, TWICE - not 'repeatedly, unless you count the talking media heads and the partisan defenders of the faith.

They've also said that they've checked the original record in their files, and that Obama was born in Hawaii.

Again! Disingenuous characterization, it was by virtue of saying that 'they checked' that they claim it was authenticated; thus it does not follow automatically that it was.

supported by two newspaper announcements from the time of the president's birth -- and those announcements weren't submitted by the family, but taken from hospital records.

Oh well, if they say it was in the newspaper it MUST be true? No one gets away with that logic around here, regardless of the position you cling to.

------------------------

It's only fair that the sloppy pro Obama effort is as lame as the sloppy so-called 'birther' effort. Seems like both sides slowly sink into an abyss of nonsensical crap now.... it's a shame really, because this is far too important to turn into a partisan game.

It is a tribute to the MSM and our now all but defunct 'free' press that this issue is not over and done with. I guess that's the whole point of the exercise....

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

'fraid not. Had this issue been resolved as this directly implies, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The issue has been dealt with, about 1,000 times since Obama first decided to run for office. What then happens is that everyone just figures every time a judge throws it out of court or validates Obama's birth certificate, they just dismiss it as "Part of the conspiracy."

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The "Birthers" are fixated on this for one reason and one reason only. IF they can "prove" that Obama was born in Kenya, they think they can have the election nullified without regard to the popular vote. They know that the chance of getting Obama out of office before 2012 is 0% otherwise. They also have a VERY tenuous understanding of law. They seem to think that because a presidential candidate has to be a "natural born citizen", the candidate must go around and show every voter his "long form" birth certificate. They don't seem to understand that the Federal Elections Commission certifies candidates, and that the FEC is not required to put the documents on the internet. They also refuse to believe that the definition of "natural-born" was settled law many years ago. You are either a "naturalized" citizen or you are "natural born". Like jail-house lawyers, they often get it wrong.
They will never quit because logic never enters the picture. Whether Obama serves one term or two, they will still be arguing this thirty years from now, just as in the 1970s, the group I termed the "Hairy Ear Squad" used to argue about the Fed. When I realized that reason and logic played no part in the Birther world, I quit reading their threads.
One more thing regarding the Constitution: in their wisdom, the Framers decided that SCOTUS was the FINAL AUTHORITY on interpretation. For those that don't agree, let me know how that works out for you in court.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The "Birthers" are fixated on this for one reason and one reason only. IF they can "prove" that Obama was born in Kenya, they think they can have the election nullified without regard to the popular vote.

Precisely.

I'm sure there will be more attempts at fraud of this kind as well.

These people are profoundly ethically challenged: all that matters to them is to bring down Obama - the truth, democratic elections, etc. are all less important to them than the victory of their ideology - by any means necessary.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

The "Birthers" are fixated on this for one reason and one reason only. IF they can "prove" that Obama was born in Kenya, they think they can have the election nullified without regard to the popular vote.

Precisely.

I'm sure there will be more attempts at fraud of this kind as well.

These people are profoundly ethically challenged: all that matters to them is to bring down Obama - the truth, democratic elections, etc. are all less important to them than the victory of their ideology - by any means necessary.

Exactly. That's what bothers me: "By any means necessary...".

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I find the whole scenario quite sad,couldn't bring myself to post in the thread.Really scraping the bottom of the barrel i must say...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
May I ask why people are so bothered where Obama came from? He could have crawled out from under a rock at the bottom of the pacific for all I care. He is still the US Puppet...erm I mean President. Nothing will change that.

People love a good mystery and the fact that he hasn't released his long form certificate has people guessing about what he's trying to hide by not releasing it. Even if he was born outside the US like McCain, it's possible he could still be a citizen. I don't know about the puppet charge, that's possible, at least he probably owes a lot of people a lot of favors for all those campaign contributions.

Anyway, if he never releases the long form certificate, people will always wonder what's on it and if he's hiding something, that's just human nature. The fact that he's released the required short form and it's valid, doesn't take that mystery away about what's on the long form. What he's hiding, if anything, could have nothing to do with his citizenship.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I've long suspected that there is something on the long form that he doesn't want public that has nothing to do with place of birth. The short form is what is required to "prove" citizenship in every case I know of, at least governmentally. I've posted this in several threads, but I know it works due to my federal employment, security clearances and passport, all on the strength of a "short form". If Birthers want a long form, they should work for legislation to change existing laws; not just pretend existing laws don't matter.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

This is what cracks me up everytime I see that crazy lady standing up in the middle of that press conference saying "WHERE IS HIS BC... HERE IS MINE!"

Because she doesn't understand how much of a tool she is for the ideologists who are pulling her strings.

If only she knew what the law is... if only she knew the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just another desperate move on the part of the fringe-right whoa re desperate to diminish Obama's legitimacy in anyway.

the right fears the left so very much right now because of the tremendous amount of damage done to their party by the Bush administration.

They know they stand a ice cubes chance in hell of regaining any sort of dominance over our political system soon and it makes them writhe.

I like the flaws found in this BC:

First, the hospital is Coast Provincial General Hospital (sometimes said to be Coast Province General Hospital), not Coast General Hospital.

Second, Kenya was a Dominion the date this certificate was allegedly issued and would not become a republic for 8 months.

Third, Mombasa belonged to Zanzibar when Obama was born, not Kenya.

Fourth, Obama's father's village would be nearer to Nairobi, not Mombasa.

Fifth, the number 47O44-- 47 is Obama's age when he became president, followed by the letter O (not a zero) followed by 44--he is the 44th president.

Sixth, EF Lavender is a laundry detergent.

Seventh, would a nation with a large number of Muslims actually say "Christian name" (as opposed to name) on the birth certificate?

Eigth, his father (born in 1961) would have been 24 or 25 when he was born and not 26.

Ninth, it was called the "Central Nyanza District," not Nyanza Province. The regions were changed to provinces in 1970.
link

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
heres a copy of the certificate:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
btw heres a real kenyan birth certificate:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, HH!

How many times since this issue first came up (over a year ago) have we heard these people say they've found the smoking gun?

We have his Kenyan BC, will show it next Friday!
We've found a Kenyan official who says Obama is born in Kenya, will tell all next Friday!
We've found an expert to debunk the COLB, will reveal his identity...never?
We've found his sister's Hawaiin COLB, will reveal it next Friday!
The Supreme Court is going to hear the case! More on the case next Friday!

When will these people realize they're running like gerbils on a treadmill, chasing a carrot on a stick?

Who here would like to wager that the incomes of Berg, Taitz, WND, etc. have skyrocketed since this issue became known? Isn't it odd that all of these "breakthroughs" in the birth conspiracy all come from the same tiny circle of people? Isn't it odd that this same small group of people will come out with a new issue or story every 1 or 2 weeks to conveniently keep the buzz going?

Oh well, see you guys next week for WND's next exclusive breakthrough in the case!

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What i stated in the other thread about this infamous Kenyan birth certificate, i think its a fake and the whole story is a hoax, but that O RLY do get a lot of public attention i think it will help one of her 3 business somehow in a positive way, no matter the outcome of this trial.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

The one you posted is from 2008.(not 61 or whenever he was born) I know for a fact that my BC from 1980 looks diffrent from my daughters in 2006 born in the same town and state they are from diffrent times and more updated and not the same lay out

edit: I am not picking sides or trying to prove the other is "real" I am just stating a fact tat a document does get a "face lift" in 40 years time.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by HolydarknessVA]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Oh I get it now. Viral marketing campaigns at work causing emotional/patriotic uproar to increase profit margins. Makes sense too.

Now all we need is proof!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join