It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming World Famine: Will 2010 Be The Year The World Runs Out Of Food?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The Coming World Famine: Will 2010 Be The Year The World Runs Out Of Food?

theemergencyfoodsupply.com...

A "perfect storm" of circumstances is coming together that is leading many agriculture experts to predict that we will soon be experiencing a worldwide food crisis of unprecedented magnitude. Will 2010 be the year that the world runs out of food? Record setting droughts, exploding populations and crippling crop failures all over the world are combining to set the stage for a potentially devastating food crisis in the coming year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www2.journalnow.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.greaterkashmir.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Harvests around most of the world have plunged, and much of it has to do with government puting new GREEN taxes on exports, and on oil, which increases the prices of food.

There is also the problem in Africa of the wheat fungus known as Ug99, aka stem rust which could wipe out 80% of the world's wheat crop as it spreads out of Africa.

This problem is hitting everywhee, including the U.S.

Last week for the first time in its 28-year history, the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina ran out of food.

The shelves were nearly bare, and the food bank put out the word to its 400 partner agencies in 18 counties: "Don't bother to make the trip this week."

www2.journalnow.com...

All of this is a recipe for disaster. I am not trying to cause fear on people, but rather for people to have the knowledge neccessary to prepare themselves as much as possible before this occurs.

People can get prepared for this, if you don't have much money you might want to reconsider your priorities. Do you want to be able to feed your family, or keep watching cable tv, or even satellite tv?

Would you rather be able to have even if just a few more weeks of food stored, or keep being able to buy and, or download music through the internet.

Some people might have to make hard choices. Do not wait thinking "the government is going to provide you with everything", because it won't, even under the current Obama administration.

At the end it is up to you whether you want to be prepared for this, and whether you plan not only for you, but for your family, or keep watching cable television, or keep having your fridge full of bears instead of food.

It is a choice up to every person.

theemergencyfoodsupply.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is intentional. In a famine prices go up and the corporations (and banks) make a killing while wiping out the "useless eaters" the old on limited incomes, the poor and the unhealthy.

Farmers around the world have been yelling this warning for the last few years. the World Bank SAP, World Trade Organization, NAFTA, the UN, the European Union and others have been intent on wiping out small farmers. US regs are about to be "harmonized" with the international regs that wiped out 60% of Portugal's farmers. The EU chair lady at a conference stated they planned to wipe out 1 million farmers in Poland. OIE and the EU regs were implemented in England to deal with Foot and Mouth disease (released from a lab) and wiped out much of England's livestock. It worked so well the US has now relocated their FMD lab into the middle of Cattle country.

US grain stockpiles were intentionally wiped out by regs written by a Cargill VP (Cargill is a BIG grain trader)

I submitted a post explaining everything several months ago here (starts at second post first page)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
America shouldn't look north for any hopes of relief to the upcoming food crisis. Canada is also having its share of woe.

(scroll down for the story in The Economist)

A huge swathe of farmland spanning central Saskatchewan and Alberta, and angling northwest into British Columbia’s Peace River valley has suffered its driest winter and spring in at least 50 years (and 70 in some districts). Rainfall has been less than 40% of its normal level. Ranchers are staring at dry water holes and desiccated pasture, forcing them either to sell cattle or buy

www.economist.com...

Related news from Canada:

feed.www.nationalpost.com...
www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thanks for your response, and for the link.

Yes this is intentional, even the Obama administration knows this, and they are loving it.

Here is one other thread in which is shown how Congress has created a Dust Bowl in areas where there used to be many farms in the U.S.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I presented evidence on how a Liberal Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg stated, and I quote..

In an interview to be published in Sunday’s New York Times Magazine, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she thought the landmark Roe v. Wade decision on abortion was predicated on the Supreme Court majority's desire to diminish “populations that we dont want to have too many of.”

In the 90-minute interview in Ginsburg’s temporary chambers, Ginsburg gave the Times her perspective on Judge Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama’s first high court nomination. She also discussed her views on abortion.

www.cnsnews.com...

In fact I found a statement directly made by this devil, because she cannot be a woman, where she states.

Q: Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

JUSTICE GINSBURG: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.

newsbusters.org...

I mean c'mon, President Obama's science Czar is none other than Holdren..

Holdren believed a world government might play a moderate role in the future: setting and enforcing appopriate population levels, taxing and redistributing the world's wealth, controlling the world's resources, and operating a standing World Army.

www.frontpagemag.com...

Other Obama nominees think exactly like this idiot, wanting to give our sovereignty to the UN, so we can be controlled by a One World Government.

I am afraid though that the mayority of Americans, won't wake up until it is too late.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I started a thread on this earlier; not to hijack your thread, but check some of the links off it....there are at least 2 long poats with linked country-by-country specfics for poor harvests, etc:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/3/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Last week for the first time in its 28-year history, the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina ran out of food.

Reminded me of last Christmas. Several area foodbanks had very little donations. There was a newscast with a reporter walking through an empty warehouse with sporadic stuffed animals on shelves and one bike!!

At the time of the report they had received less than 10% of their normal donations, and only 1 turkey!! They normally had close to 1000 turkeys and a full warehouse by that point of the season!!

I suspect this Holiday Season will be far worse!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

No problem, the more information the better.

I just want to bring this up because it will get worse. If at least 1 person realizes that he/she needs to start storing more food, the prupose of this thread will be fulfilled.

This is just like living in a hurricane prone area, you know sooner or later there will be one, so many if not most people prepare accordingly.

In this case all the evidence is showing that we are having problems with food production all over the world, so people should also prepare accordingly.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah.
There have been other threads in which it is shown that more, and more Americans have had to get in food lanes to get some food for their families.

Losing your home is bad enough, and millions of Americans have lost their homes, but not being able to feed your family is a lot worse than losing a house.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I am afraid though that the mayority of Americans, won't wake up until it is too late.

Not until reality bites them on the rear-end. I have been trying to wake people up about the coming famine for two years. I just get blank stares. The have been cushioned from reality for too long. American do not KNOW what REAL poverty and starvation is unless they have traveled to other countries. Ever seen a pot belly and stick limbs on a group of kids in the USA like you see in third world villages?

A street person can make a good living here and eat well, one guy made over $50,000 tax free a year pan handling in NYC. Those living on the streets are usually the mentally ill, alcoholics or drug abusers or the elderly who got turned out of institutions by well meaning? activists and Congress. Political Activist NEEDED street people so they can point to them as a problem. When I was a kid they were taken to a county home by police but now that violates their "rights"

With the coming food shortages and current unemployment I am afraid Americans may have a rude awakening coming very shortly.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I agree. I generally keep a 1.5-year supply of rice, seasonings, and multivitimins. That isn't much -- its its the bare-bones amount to survive on. I rotate the rice because I use a lot anyway, and properly-stored rice lasts about 2 years. These days I'm seriously contemplating multi-year water supply but I don't have enough room to store it all (my old place in the country had its own artesian well and freshwater river...arrrrgh I can't believe I gave that up to live like a rat in the city....).

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am now in the process of rebuilding my food storage. I had to help someone out that really needed it so my supply is short. For me, this article was the little push that I needed to put just a bit more than I planned away. thanks
Now if I could ever learn to bake bread that didn't look like, feel like and taste like brick, I would really be doing something.

What is sickening about the suffering of serious hunger in so much of the world is that the root is pure politics. There is no way on a planet with this much beautiful land anyone should go hungry. I do think the industrialization of food production is what is eventually going to be the undoing of us all. No respect for the land or the people, only money.

I really understand the living like a rat in the city. I can grow flowers at my apartment complex, but not a tomato plant or Zucchini plant. What I wouldn't give for the days on the farm when I was a kid now.

new topics

top topics

join