It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner Won’t Rule Out New Taxes for Middle Class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Geithner Won’t Rule Out New Taxes for Middle Class

blogs.abcnews.com

To get the economy back on track, will President Barack Obama have to break his pledge not to raise taxes on 95 percent of Americans? In a “This Week” exclusive, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner told me, "We’re going to have to do what’s necessary.”

Geithner was clear that he believes a key component of economic recovery is deficit reduction. When I gave him several opportunities to rule out a middle class tax hike, he wouldn’t do it.

“We have to bring these deficits down very dramatically,” Geithner told me. “And that’s going to require some very hard choices.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 8/3/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I stopped reading this bullcrap when the liar said "the economy is recovering"

HAHA signs of the recession easing? Where? Is that why I am working 7000 miles away from home trying to pay my bills and provide?

Must be why half of my friends are unemployed or working for 8/hour still trying to pay the bills they used to support making triple that.

Lets raise the taxes because we aren't paying enough to support our greedy criminal government!

Is this not enough for them?!

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and
local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Bunch of worthless bull# spewing criminals!

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have a good idea..how about the government takes a good chunk of profits form comapnys that recieved bailout money..that was MINE and YUORS money the fed gave em..the comapnys that were known or caught using bailout cash to refurbish thier homes, cars ect. sounds like a fair deal to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have FOX on as background noise. Just a few minutes ago they were discussing this.

The proponent for the raise in taxes explained it this way, "In 8 years, the middle class family will be paying close to 24,000.00 a year just for medical insurance. So any tax increase will be SAVING them money."
-please excuse me, I am paraphrasing somewhat-

So we have Biden saying that we have to spend to ease the deficit.
And now, we have them saying a tax increase will save us money.

-sometimes I wish I was as stupid as they think we are. That way I wouldn't realize how badly they are #ing us-

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Kind of overwhelming when you actually lay out all those taxes like that, huh?

Somebody is gonna have to pay for Obama's spending spree, and now it looks like the middle class is gonna pay. Good grief.

It's like somebody stealing your credit card, running up the bill on junk they say they "need," and then being stuck with the bill.

I didn't vote for Obama. I didn't support the bailouts. I didn't support the "stimulus." But now I'm gonna have to PAY for it. Frustrated? Yep.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I remember a President a few years ago campaign with the promise of no new taxes and he ended up raising taxes and losing his re election bid.

5 dollars to the person who can name that President.

Looks as if President Obama is on the road to making the same fateful mistake.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The proponent for the raise in taxes explained it this way, "In 8 years, the middle class family will be paying close to 24,000.00 a year just for medical insurance. So any tax increase will be SAVING them money."
-please excuse me, I am paraphrasing somewhat-

That is as bad and scary as the average American consumer who thinks that by shopping when stuff is on sale, they are "saving" money... Even though they are still actually spending money.

The only difference is Biden is [supposed to be] an Educated man who knows what he is talking about.

-sometimes I wish I was as stupid as they think we are. That way I wouldn't realize how badly they are #ing us-

Me too brother. Me too...

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I remember a President a few years ago campaign with the promise of no new taxes and he ended up raising taxes and losing his re election bid.

"Read my lips, NO new taxes!"

Everyday I come closer to bailing on this country. I want nothing to do with the government, nor the populace for allowing this # to happen. It's disgusting.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Bush Sr.

l have paypal thanks

I hope he doesnt get voted in office again, but I have no faith in voting anymore, they are controlled from the top.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
and let's not forget defacto taxes, namely insurance premiums, required to own a car now, and soon simply for state of being alive. In any case, there are no taxes that can do more than partially reduce the deficit to my knowledge, short of creating other forms of currency that are not debt based, and are created to be independent of Federal Reserve Note inflation

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. I am very surprised that anyone actually believed him when he made the "no increased taxes on the middle class" promise.

To the people who cheered his 'Increase taxes on the rich' policy, congratulations, your financial status in the eyes of the government has been given a promotion.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Please continue discussion on the previous thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You. Thread closed.

top topics

join