It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plague kills 2nd man; China seals off entire town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Plague kills 2nd man; China seals off entire town

news.yahoo.com

"People are so scared. There are few people on the streets," Han said by telephone. "There are police guarding the quarantine center at the township hospital but not on the streets."

The situation in Ziketan was stable, said an official surnamed Wang at the local disease control center, who added the measures taken were "scientific, orderly, effective and in accordance with the law."

A woman who lives in Ziketan, who refused to give her name, said county officials distributed flyers and made TV and radio announcements on how to prevent infection. The woman contacted by phone said p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
WoW, didn't the plague or something just break out in Libya?

Maybe swine flu isn't going to be dangerous, maybe it's the plague 0.0 .

Quarantining a whole town is probably considered as fascist on ATS, but maybe it is necessary. What I will be afraid off is if some bastard from the CIA releases a disease on purpose to contain us. Maybe it happened here to demonstrate what the civilians will do? IDK.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Depending on the incubation period, they could be just closing the barn door after the horses have already left.

This deserves watching.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Good thing about china, they'll just nuke the area if it gets out of hand, they know how to deal with an outbreak.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
messed up news...scariest scenario at this point i can think of, is if the plague thir foudn its way onto a ship coming to california, or an airplane! somone on baord either is infected, and traveling brings it along with him, hope the city dosnt have an airport or shipyard.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Pneumonic Plague mmm....I can see why they are sealing the town off. Unless caught within 24 hrs of symptoms antibiotics won't help and it's airborne which means it spreads fast via cough droplets.

I was just reading about a new strain of HIV that has leapt from gorilla to human.

So we have:

a new flu strain H1N1
Pneumonic Plague
Lugo (new strain of ebola like virus)
new HIV subtype SIV from gorilla to human

Gee ~ the hits just keep on coming.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

This sounds like Stephen King's The Stand only on steroids!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
reply to post by DDay

This sounds like Stephen King's The Stand only on steroids!

It certainly does. I'm beginning to wonder if someone or something isn't trying to knock the population down.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Pretty uplifting stuff there.... Ugh.

I am curious how the HIV jumped from the gorilla to the human. How does that get discovered? Someone gets sick and the doc asks if they have been hanging around monkeys, gorillas, pigs or etc.....?? I'm sure there is a way but I am curious what it is.

As for the outbreak in China, isn't that where the bird flu got its wings, err, start?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
boy these designer errrr i mean newer virus' sure are scary sounding. china will take care of it. i just wonder if it will be before or after a operation is carried out to "acquire" a sample.

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sorry about the HIV thing. I should have posted a link. It's an interesting story and I do believe another thread is already started on it. But here you go...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Good thing about china, they'll just nuke the area if it gets out of hand, they know how to deal with an outbreak.

My God how cold and revolting.

Oh, and, who is *They* by the way?

Do you have valid information to back this *statement* up or is it just your opinion?

*Shakes head and walks away from post*...

peace

new topics

top topics

join