It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Factors Could Cause Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Natural Factors Could Cause Global Warming

news.sky.com

A warmer sun, combined with other natural factors, could increase global temperatures over the next five years by more than scientists previously predicted, according to new research.

The US study assesses the impact of four natural factors on climate change: man-made CO2 emissions; heating from the sun; volcanic activity and a phenomenon called El Nino which takes place in the Pacific Ocean every few years and causes global temperatures to warm.

The hottest year on record so far is 1998. Then, a very active sun was just one of the reasons temperatures across the world soared.

However
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The only concerns I have with this report is that there is an awful lot of "could"s and "may"s. This is such an inprecise science that two different scientists looking at the exact same data could come up with to different hypothesis on what is going to happen in the future.

Time will tell, I guess. I just hope it isn't too late for humanity when we do figure this all out.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

The problem with all Global Warming studies is that they simply do not have enough data. Most of the temperature changes are normal and we will see drastic climate change like we have in the Earth's past regardless of human intervention. Lowering CO2 emissions and pollution in general is just common sense. Do we really need another study?

Thanks for the post

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Just another link to cap and trade and those that are using NATURAL environmental factors to further an agenda.

CO2 has become the strawman of the environmental movement. What man has produced (in terms of CO2) is minimal in terms of ONE volcano, or rain.
Rain?
Yes, rain.
CO2 is trapped in minerals and is broken down by water. (in the form of carbonate sediment) Rain. I am just waiting for the loons on the left to start taxing that!

-just wait 'till winter, THEN we can get back to global cooling-

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You two posts above me mirrior my feelings exactly. That is what bothers me with this report. Our sun may go supernova tomorrow. I don't believe it will, but that isn't a statement. We don't know. I love how scientists propose an idea, and the media latches onto it because it agrees with the need to finance the very companies that finance them.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by psybex

CO2 emission are not "pollution". All plant life, and all animal life on this planet need CO2, and as Earth's geological history hasshown us with higher levels of atmospheric CO2, there is more plant life, and life in general thrives.

It is nothing more than mental masturbation for a group of people to claim they know that Earth is in danger with the current levels of atmospheric CO2, when Earth has had 7-12 times as much atmospheric CO2 than now and life thrived.

top topics

join