Immigrants 'denied citizenship for demonstrating against British troops'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Kraków, glass houses huh??? Well read...
I see everybody has his stories. And mostly right so...
Apropos your Kraków visit: probably you came after that "cheap drink quest" invasion...That stupid advertisement campaign cannot be an alibi to behave as dumbass as some of the Brits behave there, I dont think that campaign was accepted by the people of the "target" cities.
The same You cannot blame all the Poles for the brawls caused by the few. But its your problem and banning them will pain only your finances, considering how many of the potential customers, being around the moment given you will
lose...
It seems both of our nations have quite similar drinking caused violence quirk...
Both our nations feel superior to the most of the world ...especially drunk.
Well since the 18n century its only our feeling but anyway...
Probably your experiences with the drunk polish brutes were really bad. And the easier should it be to understand the defensive attitude of the Cracow peoples.
Once more: that morbid advertising campaign its not the average peoples invention- probably someone, being stupid tried to do the simplest thing to show that he does anything. Another example of the morbid politics...
For now Im trying to remind my last visit to the British Pub... Could it be the one of yours??
Its time for the kind of diplomatic/economic retaliaton ...one is never prudent enough...
Next time maybe not a Kebab but, not knowing where your pubs are, and remembering you generalisation- for some time- I with the friends and whomever I will be able to convince,we will go elsewhere : Long live to the Irish Pubs!!! Any happier?
); )
second thought: maybe some of your pubs sells as Irish or maybe even Kosher?? so the surest option the next time will be...maybe something Latino
[edit on 4-8-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

The difference is we go over to your country as tourists spending sterling which has been a massive boost to your economy and has helped raise standards of living.
However, Poles have come over here, undercut native workers thus helping drive up unemployment levels and further burden our benefit system, helped bleed the country by spending very little of what you earn in our economy but send it back to Poland and what little you do spend is spent on getting absolutely blinding drunk and annoying the hell out of everyone.

A gross generalisation I know, but pretty accurate nonetheless.

At least you my friend have a sense of humour, something many Poles seem to lack.

I have also been to Warsaw and that was a little different with not quite the anti-British feel to it.
Maybe because it was a little more cosmopolitan.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ok, well I’m from Ireland (But also a British Citizen), I loved the poles being in Ireland, they worked so hard and boost the country (I’m talking pre 2008 obviously), but they worked hard, most I knew worked 2 or 3 jobs and didn’t undercut anyone.

I was working for RBS in Dublin and there were poles there were two poles there who were qualified as teachers, but what was their job? Collecting the bins and paper and taking it down stairs. Why? Because their level of English was not great, but after working there for a while it did get better and they were improving their own lives. Did they undercut Irish people for the position? No, they didn’t. My friends where the people who did the recruiting for that section of RBS and they would get hundreds of CV’s from Irish people... but the Irish candidates would never turn up for the interview, would come in a tracksuit, would get their mum to go to the interview instead (yes this happened), but overall they were pretty lazy. The poles were the ones who came to the interview on time, dressed for it and knew their stuff.
So they were not undercutting jobs, they were just being pro-active.

Also the comment about them all flooding just for benefits is bull, all the poles I know that came mainly came to work and improve their English.

I just get sick of it when I hear this crap against poles, my partner is polish (but group up in Australia), but because he has a polish passport he was able to live in Ireland with me, all the time when looking for work people treated him like # (they assumed he had just come off the boat from Poland with no English), they seen his name on the CV and wouldn’t even look, it was ridiculous some of the attitudes I seen used towards him.

If all the British Chavs got off their arse and got a job then there would be no reason for the poles to come as there would be no work, the reason there is work in the UK is because so many Brits won’t do those type of jobs and would rather stay on benefits (not all Brits obviously, just the Chavs, but you get my point).

You also have to look at our own people, the Brits and Irish are amongst the worst overseas, I seen it in Europe (Czech and Spain mostly) and even here in Australia, I specifically try to avoid knowing any Brits or Irish here.

I also think a lot of the Brits need to educate themselves on the EU, when the news talks about all these “illegal migrants” or “Migrants getting housing and benefits” it’s usually third countries (non-EU) as EU citizens are allowed to move anywhere within the EU.... just how the Brits have flooded Spain and the south France.

But in agreement with Freeborn I have to say, yes a lot of Polish in Poland are rude, I went for a holiday (to visit partner’s family) and to this day it’s still the rudest country I have been too.

I do think the points system for the UK is a great idea and I do think you should have to wait 10 years before you can get citizenship, I mean if you are there for 10 years and living by the laws and speak the language then I think that shows you are now loyal to the UK and call it home.

The problem I think with migrants in the UK are the ones who don’t assimilate, the ones who want to force their own relegions and ideologies onto other people.... yes i’m talking about Muslims here.

All the current EU countries share a similar background, culture etc etc, so assimilating is not a problem... I’m yet to meet an eastern European in the UK who doesn’t want to learn English. This is why I think it would be a huge problem if Turkey gets into the EU.

Mikey

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Oh yes, Muslims are our primary concern.

Drunken Poles are an irritant.

Eastern Europeans undercutting excisting skilled labour is a massive concern with most Brits, who has forgotten the wildcat strikes earlier in the year?
But we can negotiate and protest our way out of that.

Muslim extremists seek to destroy us from within using any tactic they can.
They despise western culture and openly state they want to change Britain into a Sharia State.
They openly support terrorist acts against us and blatantly disrespect our troops whilst spreading hate messages.

Yet not only do we allow them to stay here and exploit our very freedoms they allegedly despise and would deny others, we allow more of them in!

You really couldn't make it up!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I'm british and i protested against the troops...not *them* per say as i have a couple of friends in afghanistan and Iraq,but protesting against what they are doing in the country.I guess i should be kicked out the country?

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Solomons]

yes you should be kicked out of the country because you are part of the PC croud that is ruining every thing. people like you are worse than the chavs.
The funny thing is if we left Afghanistan and got terror attacked again it would be people like you complaining about why we are not doing any thing to stop it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

So in your eyes anyone who protests with regarding our troops being out in afghanistan, should be kickedoutof this country>?

Ignorant statement to say the least.

Why are people protesting?

One they do not have enough resources, to carry out the campaigns, they have been asked to do by the powers that be.

Two, Protests are directed at the Governement more than they are at the troops.

Accusing someone of being PC, just because they protest, it is people like you who we call Droids, follow whatever the Governement says and believe them.

If those troops were given what they were prmised before they went into Afghnistan, then there wouldnot be any protests now would there.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

While I agree with you, that there has ben a large influx from Poland, inworkers etc. Alot of those polish workers are hard working, and plesant to get along with.

What annoys me is that they are brought over to the UK, being paind twice less than the british worker. Some of themhave most of thier wage taken off them, by emplyers who see an opportunity to make money from them. I.E. Thet claim, thier wages subsidise, Costs for accomodation, electricity, etc.

I have actually saw, Polish workers onlyhaving one meal a day, because they do not have enough to live on.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Of course, Britian should care about its immigrants.

It should take care, that is for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Shouldn't the UK care about its own Citizens first before the UK Cares about immigrants?

As the old saying goes, Charity begins at home. There are alot of poor families within the UK. Who do not recieve any help since alot of the resources are directed towards immigrants and dealing with them.

Resolve the problem in the UK First, then you would have the ability to resolve the immigrant problem, unithisis done. The Immigration problems will never be resolved.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It's so upsetting when you see what we use to be and what we are now. last century when there was such thing as the British Gentleman, and British manners. Back then when the children were educated not indoctrinated, and people had genuine care and respect for each other. When people would do something fun and go out to dinner and the pictures, instead of getting drunk and causing mayhem. When Britain was British, and British culture recognised its superiority and reined supreme. When the British people were put first, and the politicians believe in their Great nation and did all they could to make it better. When we ruled the waves, and had the biggest empire known to man, and never cow-towed to anyone. and one of the most important things which is slowly disapearing, The British cheery Spirit, with a go-get-em attitude.

and now look at us,such a shame and so very damn upsetting.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fapython

Well look at how things are right now in the UK. The Government put us the Citizens 2nd, They put themselves frst before anyone else.

Also you do know there is a percentage of us who can go out, hav a drink, have fun, without causing anytrouble. Not everyone in the UK are the same.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
It's so upsetting when you see what we use to be and what we are now. last century when there was such thing as the British Gentleman, and British manners. Back then when the children were educated not indoctrinated, and people had genuine care and respect for each other. When people would do something fun and go out to dinner and the pictures, instead of getting drunk and causing mayhem. When Britain was British, and British culture recognised its superiority and reined supreme. When the British people were put first, and the politicians believe in their Great nation and did all they could to make it better. When we ruled the waves, and had the biggest empire known to man, and never cow-towed to anyone. and one of the most important things which is slowly disapearing, The British cheery Spirit, with a go-get-em attitude.

and now look at us,such a shame and so very damn upsetting.

Two words killed that Britain that your post speaks about.

Those two words?

“Political Correctness”

Mikey

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yes i think people who protest against soldiers should be punished. The retards who do this are too blind to protest against the government, instead our soldiers take all the abuse.
People are protesting because they are either leftwing PC tards or extremist muslims who refuse to integrate into our British society. Also i have never ever seen a protest to do with Afghanistan aimed at out government. Afghanistan is the only war we should have been involved with and not Iraq(illegal war).

Also the only reason our military does not have the right resources is because leftwing PC tards say we need to spend more money on hospitals and schools, yet no matter how much money is spent on these they still fail.
You calling me a droid??? Thanks for the laugh
I'd rather be a droid than leftwing PC prick.
What were our troops promised before we went into Afghanistan??? You can't awnswer that because your babbling rubbish, and we have been in Afghan since 2001, you did know that right???

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

If you cannot have a civil debate without resorting to using foul language, Then you are on ignore.

That is why we in this country are allowed to protest. It is our right to do so, And people like you, will not stop us either.

The troops should not be in afghanistan in the first place, they should be brought home. Or operations need to be suspended, until they recieve enough resources, and the right equipment.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
That is why we in this country are allowed to protest. It is our right to do so, And people like you, will not stop us either.

They can protest against the govt, the establishment etc, not the individual soldiers- well technically they probably can but they will receive a fierce reaction

The troops should not be in afghanistan in the first place, they should be brought home. Or operations need to be suspended, until they recieve enough resources, and the right equipment.
[edit on 9-8-2009 by Laurauk]

I agree, though these protestors were not interest in that

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I was not referring to those protestors in Lutton, I was referring to a citizens right to protest.

In SKUNKS eyes we all should be punished. HELLO what is this country IRAN? AFGHANISTAN?

No it is not.

Nuff said I think.

If skunk wants pnishment laws to stop people frm protesting, go live in Iran Skunks.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Laura, the majority of people protesting against our troops would gladly turn us into another Iran.

Perhaps they should go there and excercise their right to protest there.
www.rferl.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...

The very fact they use of freedoms to criticise our system of free speech shows how hypocritical these people are and how they are prepared to do anything in their dealings with us to further their message of hatred, brutality and inequality.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

As I said I am not referring to those idiots, who were protesting against our troops. I am referring to the individual citizens right in this country to protest.

But as we have seen over the last ten years those rights have been eroded. Look at what happened in Parliament square. That dude who protested against the war in Iraq. Umteen times, the PTB, have tried to have him removed..

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

As I said I am not referring to those idiots, who were protesting against our troops. I am referring to the individual citizens right in this country to protest.

But as we have seen over the last ten years those rights have been eroded. Look at what happened in Parliament square. That dude who protested against the war in Iraq. Umteen times, the PTB, have tried to have him removed..

This is a quandry, the right to protest versus curbs on our freedom- the problem being, as my learned friend has pointed out above, the people protesting against the soldiers (you may not be referring to them but we are) are interested in restricting freedom along Iran/Islamic lines- a balance needs to be found

(I agree in general about the disturbing drive to limit our right to protest)

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join