It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who in the intelligence community (cia,nsa,military intelligence)will hang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i'm wondering if the investigation will find everyone who is responsible for the prison debacle.there is no doubt in my mind that the weasles who supervised the interrogations and torture, slipped through the cracks long before the s**t started to fly.
one thing that i am still trying to get my mind around is the mind set that led these people(the soldiers and seinior ranks)to think that this was normal in a prison or detention center.they didn't just lose their perspective they lost their humanity somewhere.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Unless those accused start naming names, none of the spooks will hang like the accused soldiers will.

I just turned off MSNBC because I couldn't stomach hearing the excuses the three lawyers representing Lannye England offered the audience for her actions.

First off they all admitted they had not seen the evidence, nor have any of the three lawyers spoken with their alleged client. Yet they were all three spouting their outrage that poor little tiny Ms England is being vilefied by the media and the US public, nay the world even is outraged by her alleged activities.

One attorney (gag me with a spoon) claimed that she had to pose for those pictures. And smile....so that there would never be another 911...Oh, for God and Country....euch! Bleeeyach! It makes me sick.

Ah, and....what about those disks showing Ms. England and her lover hooping it up in sado-masochistic sex.....
why...uh, that's not a fact....it isn't ....evidence before the world....she shouldn't be slandered so...

Maybe she shouldn't.

Maybe everyone else who looks at her smiling, happy, look at what I've accomplished expression has got it all wrong. I mean....when is isn't and president's don't lie, and enemy combatants haven't got the stature of a prisoner of war....well its all one great big lie .....

send the girl home with a pat on her head and a box of medals.

This is one depraved, disgusting, debauched show, produced by the CIA, directed by the CID and played into every Home in America by the compassionate conservatives of the Republican National Committee.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think they'll get some token heads, but the real issue won't get fixed.

Now (and this is somewhat controversial) one of the problems is a lack of clear guidelines and training in interrogation. As Findlaw's January commentary says, information about US techniques are very hard to find: writ.news.findlaw.com...

And without clear knowledge of guidelines, you can tell some GI "hey, let's make sure this killer talks"... and then encourage the captor to do just about anything in the name of "making the bad guy talk." Our movies show violence and abuse (beating up people to make them talk -- and often cops themselves are shown going over the line), so we have no social models to show how it is done.

It was the system that was "broke" long before the abuses started in Iraq. Although the US likes to point fingers at other countries in interrogation and prison problems, the ugly truth is that it's not absent from our society.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Let me add a P.S. from that January FindLaw article:

According to the government's stated position in the case, the detainees have absolutely no legal right to question U.S. actions on Guantanamo. Federal court jurisdiction should be foreclosed, government counsel insisted during oral argument before the Ninth Circuit, even if the plaintiffs were to claim that their captors were committing "acts of torture" on Guantanamo or were "summarily executing the detainees."

The government's assertion that torture and summary executions might be carried out without recourse to the law clearly shocked the court.

Remember that the war in Afghanistan has been over and done with for 3+ years. Bush has refused to give them status other than being "detainees." Techniques used on them (see the Findlaw article) could not be used on any prisoner in Federal, local, or state prisons.

That kind of separation of realities encourages abuse.

Atlantic Monthly's article on interrogation may interest some of you:
www.theatlantic.com...

top topics

join