It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hype, lies, idiots, and beyond.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hey, its me again.

This thread is interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So is this one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whats the point of posting these two threads, you need to look at the difference.

In the first thread linked, look how many posts, dayum, several pages worth.

Second link, notice it yet? Seven replies to the first thread and three of them were from myself replaying to others.

So, whats the point here? Simple, again notice the difference. The First thread was asking people for advice on how to summon UFOs, and said thread was full of awesome ways to contact aliens and ask them to land in your backyard. So many people had replies with supposedly awesome insight.
Second thread was putting said ways of contacting aliens to the test, noone is interested.

I suppose the next step would be a simple question of what I'm getting at. Simple, people on ATS, and the world in gemeral, flock to fantastic claims that cannot be proven nor disproven. In this exercise people flocked to the unverifiable fantastic claims, then went back into the shadows when all of the "fact" got debunked by a truely scientific study.

We can see from this recent example what Ufology faces on a daily basis. Everyone and their mom has seen something wierd in the sky, only a handful have seen a craft that might be from another world.

The old joke, "95% of all lawyers give the rest a bad name." comes to mind.
"95% of all extra-terrestrial phenominon gives the rest a bad name."
It does not help us when we have drunk rednecks saying that a flying saucer landed and aliens had a beer with them. Or crackheads calling UFO hotlines about lizard people.

The study of UFOs needs to be treated scientifically, the investigators like scientists and investigative journalists. We cannot and should not be taken seriously until we begin to treat the stufy of UFOs as such and look scientifically and critically to come to the conclusion that 95% of all the data is crap, and the 5% needs to be investigated further.

Granted there are a few, and of that few, some reside on ATS... Inestigators and journalists trying to take a scientific approach to the subject of Ufology. Help these people! Bump these people! Use the scientific method and conduct experiments on the subject of UFOs. Please, for cying out loud, demand evidence instead of letting people get away with hoaxes that leaves all of us with egg on our face.

The more we police ourselves, the better we will appear in the public eye. Also, lab coats and big cameras wouldn't hurt either.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have been saying this consistently for most of the duration I have been interested in this subject (I'll admit to being a doe-eyed believer in the ignorance of my youth) but it is lost on deaf ears.

This subject is beyond simple repair, it would take years (probably 15 or so) of straight up maturity to erase the giggle factor those that speak for this subject have burdened us with.

And nothing against the internet, but darn you internet, you ruined Ufology, lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Or crackheads calling UFO hotlines about lizard people.

hahaha now that was funny

here is some mathematics for you.

What is the probability of you being here in able you to ask if aliens are real?

do you want to know the answer?

Just being here... to ask if aliens are real OUTWEIGHS aliens

FACT

and people are stunned at the very mention of aliens, like you being here is normal?

LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well, like I said to you in your second thread...

"Good on you for the effort"

I also said... "UFO's are on the fringe".

With people like you getting into this, perhaps one day that won't be the case.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. TBH I think we can save the study of UFOs very quicky by appearing to be a new breed of researchers.

Ignorethefacts, in respnse to you, I know you have. I have been a very longtime lurker and know what some people like you try to do, hence why I did meantion you in my origional post.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I agree, one case of documented UFOs on a regular basis I can think of would be the living fish looking types that UFOlogist in Mexico constantly videos, can't remember what their called, these things could be animals and yet the scientists aren't interested, because the word UFO is thrown around? that kinda blows my mind, I've pretty much found a really good way to creep/freak someone out in a conversation if you don't want to talk to them anymore, if you want them to go away, just bring up UFOs, a good 75% of the population will automatically be freaked out and walk away, now if they actually want to talk about it, you at least know your talking with a human being that recognizes that UFOs are not necessarily Extra Terrestrial in origin, but are simply Unidetified Objects in the sky, due to the number of uneducated people in relation to what every single man made flying object is, pretty much everyone has seen something in the sky they couldn't identify at one point or another, so the subject to me should not freak people out, it's a subject of the human condition, the ability to see something and not identify it, nothing paranormal or mysterious about that.

If the governments officially stepped up and took a more serious role in identifying the unidentified many of the cases would be solved, and possibly even the biggest ones, but I can see why it wouldn't be a top priority at the moment so we must rely on groups like Mufon.

I think groups like Mufon do both good and bad, I went to a Mufon meeting years ago, I was curious, it was like going to UFO church cult to be honest, there was a pastor, he was basically preaching the word by showing dozens of images of 'aliens', these images were just the common ones you see by typing 'aliens' in a google image search, so I would say 100% of the 'alien' photos in the Mufon slideshow were fake, and it's understandable why they must use fake photos because no real alien photos exist (in my opinion, I've yet to see one), and that aside I see no problem with, but the guy continues to say after showing crayon drawings of aliens and photos of puppets that this is proof that these different species of aliens have visited this planet, now a crayon drawing and a puppet are no proof of anything, so where is the proof? ah, eye witnesses,
the man proceeds to ask those in attendance who have seen this alien or who knows someone who have seen this alien, and a great number of people raise their hands, at least half, this is a load of crap, it encourages and propagates bad resaearch, it ignores true scientific methods, it pretty much ignores all common sense, and because it's popular to say you've seen an alien at these meetings, who knows, I bet a lot of people raise their hands to hook up with fellow alien lovers. The meeting if seen on youtube would seriously be laughed at, and it's meetings like that-that the scientific community laughs at and I see why, they, the UFOlogists, the Mufon type groups need to take the subject seriously themself if they want to be taken seriously. I serously doubt that any UFOlogist that claims X number of E.T. species have visited the planet due to eyewitnesses, crayon drawings and puppet photos is taking the subject seriously, it sounds more to me like they are following the money or simply being brainwashed by those that are following the money, when you source the true source of these X number of E.T. species their origins are in popular UFO books that sell many copies, these books are read and the species are written about in other UFO/Alien books, over and over and over, by differet authors until these fictional species become the canon of the modern UFOlogist, either because they are dimwitted and following the crowd or are also following the money. I've never read a single one of these UFO/Alien books but I've heard plenty about them on TV and Radio, there's the ones that look like Praying Mantis, there's the Lizard ones, there's the Greys, there's the Nordics, aside from the Nordics I've seen literally zero shreds of evidence proving their existance except for in books where money was a factor, no I haven't read these books but they've been described, talked about and plugged on radio shows and tv shows. It's this anti-scientific research that causes the scientific community to consider UFOlogists nuts, because the majority of professional UFOlogists don't use any scientific method, now there are a few good UFOlogists out there like Stanton Friedman, who look at the facts and can prove what did not happen based on the facts and can give reasonable doubt, he is the only good one I can think of though.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Agreed I mean for me I love seeing the pictures and vids, its somewhat xfiles lol

But I come at the ufo issues in another way, history logic and mathematics.

Being more logical about it and pointing it out to people helps, not pictures or "so called evidence".

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

I agree, one case of documented UFOs on a regular basis I can think of would be the living fish looking types that UFOlogist in Mexico constantly videos, can't remember what their called, these things could be animals and yet the scientists aren't interested, because the word UFO is thrown around?
[edit on 3-8-2009 by Razimus]

"living fish"?

What "living fish"?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

In the first thread linked, look how many posts, dayum, several pages worth.

Second link, notice it yet? Seven replies to the first thread and three of them were from myself replaying to others.

You, my friend, have witnessed an important thing. Most of the people like fantasy, they like to stay in a dream, and to become its part. It pleases them. Hard facts, dry reasoning and thorough investigation bores them to death.

When you try to wake them up, they see it as an attack on their "feelings", and see you as someone who is destroyer of their air-castles. They try to attack by all means and cling on to the straws thrown by people like LMH or Greer or to some blurry smudge on a youtube video.

Ufology is the new religion and aliens are the new gods.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It would be great if alleged 'aliens' did plop themselves down and hold a press conference

Guess the first words out of their mouths would be ' Be careful what you wish for '

Then, once it was clearly understood by their fans that 'aliens' have no intention of playing the role of Santa Claus cum God for the inhabitants of Planet of the Apes, they could depart, leaving behind a phony address

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

first, i would like to applaud you for relying on yourself to validate something that you are curious about. the amount of people who read a book (or a page on a website) and claim it for personal truth is absolutely laughable.

although i have no experience in the "summoning" of a ufo, i can speak about moving your perception to the subtle bodies (meditation) as i have over 25 years of daily meditation experience and am open to communication in this thread or u2u.

i am always amazed (not sure why) that people look outside of themselves when they are attempting to find truth (regardless of what truth they seek).

as was already stated, a clear mind, a unbending will, and true desire are a must.

the barrier to what is possible is self created. eliminate this and you will achieve your goals however lofty they might seem.

cheers,
AA

[edit on 3-8-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

[edit on 3-8-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

new topics

top topics

join