It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Flying UFO, Maryland, August 1st 09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Maryland MUFON State Director Ron Fink was enroute to Carroll County Airport after attending a Maryland MUFON meeting, and noticed an odd object in the sky, stopped his vehicle, and took photos.

He states that the object was hovering at between 1,500 and 2,000 feet, and that it had four distinct protrusions. Fink then followed the silent object about 3 miles.

During this time, he estimates the object was moving at about 30 mph, and was on a "a straight line trajectory at times motionless consistently ascending."

As a commercial jet approached, the "object just vanished."

The MUFON sighting report reads-

On the way to Carroll County Airport (15 miles west !) from our 1st Maryland Mufon meeting, held in the 9000 block Baltimore National Pike, I snapped 4 shots of this. Rolling road looking north at Security Blvd. I noticed this at a stop light. Jumped out and got camera out of trunk. This object caught my attention as it was hovering. Altitude est 1500-2000 feet agl. It has 4 distinct protrusions out all sides. I shot it with Sony Power Shotsx1015 . This was the closest first shot through windshield of car. We pulled off asap and I shot 3 more. We followed noiseless object about 3 miles north speed estimated at 30 mph. No noise. Object on a straight line trajectory at times motionless consistently ascending. Winds at Carroll County 160* @ 5 knots. This objects trajectory was on a 330*-360* heading. As a commercial jet approached (160*-180* heading)on a divergent course (at Rolling and Windsor Mill), object just vanished. I was passenger in front seat of vehicle and had visual contact with object at all times.
Right after our first meeting. What struck me were the protrusions (4)and motion. There is a video shot by 2 men in Bahama's (youtube) almost identical.
Camp David restrictions were in effect 45 miles NNW. This object was in the outer Class B veil of BWI 2500/10000
See attached pictures.
(This object's trajectory would have put it very close to our meeting area at the time. Just putting that statement out there.)
This case will be deposed by David Lyle and Don Borton.
I am the State Director for Maryland Mufon. Therefore would prefer unbiased investigation.

Other than the spiky Brazilian UFO drone, I can't think of a similar video, as mentioned in the sighting report. If anyone knows of it could they post it up?

Whilst seaching for this particular story on ATS it would seem there has been much UFO activity in the Maryland area in recent times.
Is this area a true UFO hotspot or for some strange reason do people struggle to hold onto their balloons around there?

Main story found here..

www.examiner.com...

The MUFON report can be found here..

mufoncms.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

Thanks for posting the pictures.

The "spiky Brazilian drone" was a balloon, not to immediately say the pictures you have posted show a balloon.

I would hope a MUFON state director would be reasonably discerning regarding his conclusions.

It will be interesting to follow this discussion.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I agree.
I would hope Mr Fink would be able to recognize a balloon when he saw one, but from this picture, thats's still my guess.
Any ideas on this Bahamas video he mentioned, I can't find it anywhere!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

does anyone else think its kind of shaped like an animal?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by meatballxl5
reply to post by Sam60

I agree.
I would hope Mr Fink would be able to recognize a balloon when he saw one, but from this picture, thats's still my guess.
Any ideas on this Bahamas video he mentioned, I can't find it anywhere!

I'll also have a look around for the "Bahamas" case.

You know, what if this MUFON state director is just new, or hopeless, or both?

What if it is simply a balloon?

The pictures resemble a balloon & the description of the movement appears "balloon-like". When it disappeared, perhaps it just popped!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Looks like a crack in the windscreen.

Still trying to connect to the main reports and other images (real slow conxn!) - so don't shoot me down just yet

Edit:

Are there links to other pictures of this event as I can only seem to find this one and blow-ups from it?

[edit on 3/8/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
in a way it reminds me of a symbol that denotes the whirlwind of creation. regardless of what it is, it makes a nice pic.

i'm not so sure i buy the balloon idea just yet though. i have a family member that works at a retail store called party galaxy. they sell about every balloon imaginable and thats like nothing i have seen in her store.......

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Fink then followed the silent object about 3 miles.

And all we got is a blurry photo ?
Why are ALL ufo pics blurry, except the CGI ones ?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ether ship with rookie pilot.
Lots of ion emissions from high voltage will make the air glow violet.
Probably UV emissions as well.

new topics

top topics

join