It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Jedi’s from star wars exist in the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So i was watching Star wars Clone wars...and i thought about it for a minute.
Could jedi's actually become true in the future?

think about buddhism...they are so close to what jedi's think, its kinda ironic. They think logically not with desires or habbits, without WANTS and MUST HAVE's...
Buddhist have been known for being incrediably wise, in various subjects, that some how make you more at "peace" with the world. (another jedi fact)

they meditate and can sometimes do things that common society (most humans) can not.
Shaloin monks can do feats, NO OTHER HUMANS in the world can come close to.
THe toughen there minds, to be able to toughen there bodies.

www.youtube.com...

just look at this video, amazing. I DO NOT KNOW any human who can do that. Jedi's are known for amazing physical feats as well.

NOW LETS GET INTO THE SPIRITUAL ASPECT OF IT.
The jedi are so in tuned with there surrounding and nature, and the universe and this "force" perhaps the stuff that makes up the way we perceive life?
the universe etc. (kinda goes along with string theroy)

that if they know and understand this force how to use it etc. that they could use it to there own will.
That they can "bend" the KNOWN LAWS of physics etc.

it doesn't sound that far fetched that perhaps in the future something along the lines like this could exist?

Shao lin monks, again are Buddhist's (i believe) and they still train there bodies to be a 100% deadly weapon, if they are threatened or peace disturbed. Basically a jedi right? the jedi had no REAL ENEMY but they still fought for the sake of peace.

your thoughts please =]

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Star wars was inspired by Seven Samurai and The Hidden Fortress.

Outside time not being real, I'd say yes.

www.amazon.co.uk...

In one of the many classic collaborations between director Akira Kurosawa and his leading man Toshirô Mifune, this 1958 film tells the story of a warrior and a princess trying against all odds to return to their homeland with their fortune. Along the way, they are simultaneously assisted and thwarted by two itinerant and not-too-bright farmers with their own designs on the treasure, giving the story a subtle comic bent. Acknowledged by George Lucas as the inspiration for Star Wars (note the similarities, especially the comic duo who are the models for R2D2 and C3PO), Hidden Fortress combines an epic tale of struggle and honour with modern comic sensibilities, creating a masterful addition to world cinema. --Robert Lane, Amazon.com

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
star wars is set a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, so they exist in the past
yeesh.

being a jedi would be cool, but without the light saber it would all feel a bit empty.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't see why not.
Anything is possible.
But if they did they'd whack you for using all caps in your thread title.
Change it or *The Mod will be with you*

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

Totally!!!

think about it, jedi or magicians/wizards in all movies and stories do the same thing - they move objects thru the air, they lift objects, they send out a wave of energy, they block waves of energy with their hands, they heal with energy etc. I think it sounds a lot like..CHINESE QI-GONG. where CHI energy is used to heal, and people can boil water/set fire to paper just with their own energy, and also can block/move other people. There is a thread on ats showing a qi gong master boiling water and setting fire to paper with his own energy, and healing ppl. they look like they're being electroshocked when he heals them.

I think CHI ENERGY is the FORCE. maybe like yin and yang, there is a positive and negative side of the force, and there are masters at using this force, like in starwars. maybe they even wear cloaks etc.

As for JEDI, in egypt there was the DJED pillar - maybe a type of energy pillar - and there were DJEDI. Interesting? Coincidence? Does george lucas know more than he's letting on?

COmpare the lady of elche with leia's hair.

Anakin, vs Anakim.

Look at williow with all the magic etc and elora danaan - the tribe of dan...

What did the DJEDI do ?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I agree with you, and with equal enthusiasm
Even if they don't currently exist, the potential is merely waiting to be harnessed.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I wanna learn that!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Totally!!!

think about it, jedi or magicians/wizards in all movies and stories do the same thing - they move objects thru the air, they lift objects, they send out a wave of energy, they block waves of energy with their hands, they heal with energy etc. I think it sounds a lot like..CHINESE QI-GONG. where CHI energy is used to heal, and people can boil water/set fire to paper just with their own energy, and also can block/move other people. There is a thread on ats showing a qi gong master boiling water and setting fire to paper with his own energy, and healing ppl. they look like they're being electroshocked when he heals them.

I think CHI ENERGY is the FORCE. maybe like yin and yang, there is a positive and negative side of the force, and there are masters at using this force, like in starwars. maybe they even wear cloaks etc.

As for JEDI, in egypt there was the DJED pillar - maybe a type of energy pillar - and there were DJEDI. Interesting? Coincidence? Does george lucas know more than he's letting on?

COmpare the lady of elche with leia's hair.

Anakin, vs Anakim.

Look at williow with all the magic etc and elora danaan - the tribe of dan...

What did the DJEDI do ?

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!
if your friend told you he could do ALL THAT, you would say bull# u CANT...laws are only made up of what we know NOW.
we say this doesn't exist....in 50 years what if its a science, what if its like yoga.
YOGA WAS NOTHING BEFORE...

western yoga/meditation EXPLODED, and everyone can see the huge difference its real.
the secret?
no one knew but a few...
and now?!
it EXPLODED onto the scene and people truelly feel its real.

like u said i THINK AND FEEL this it the force, we just need to learn/harness it in some effect.
maybe not to the extent of star wars, but then again like you said its already kinda doing many things as starwars

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
you thinking of jedi's has already created them in another realm =) congrats

EDIT: also anything is possible so of course jedi's can be possible.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

new topics

top topics

join