It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Pre-Stonehenge Complex Found via "Crop Circles"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This is interesting, rmember some years ago, they found some 'alien' atrifacts under a crop circle ?

Check this out !

Huge Pre-Stonehenge Complex Found via "Crop Circles"

The Damerham tombs have yet to be excavated, but experts say the long barrows likely contain chambers—probably carved into chalk bedrock and reinforced with wood—filled with human bones associated with ancestor worship.

During the late Stone Age, it's believed, people in the region left their dead in the open to be picked clean by birds and other animals.

Skulls and other bones of people who were for some reason deemed significant were later placed inside the burial mounds, Wickstead explained.

"These are bone houses, in a way," she said. "Instead of whole bodies, [the tombs contain] parts of ancestors."

Later Monuments, Long Occupation

Other finds suggest the site remained an important focus for prehistoric farming communities well into the Bronze Age (roughly 2000 to 700 B.C. in Britain).

Near the tombs are two large, round, ditch-encircled structures—the largest circular enclosure being about 190 feet (57 meters) wide.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Interesting, but not new and not related to Aliens & UFOs.

Aerial photography has been used for many years (obviously not more years than we have aerial crafts
) to look for archaeological sites.

And those were not real crop circles, but, as they say in the article, crop circle-like formations, and these formations are not "etched" in the crops, it's the way the crops react to the different soil that makes them look different, it's a very old way of looking for buried structures.

Some plants, for example, like a more rocky soil, so if we see a line of those plants on a place where there are no rocks it probably means that there is a buried wall under those plants.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Yes, it's an interesting archeological find that contributes to our understanding of the Neolithic in the British Isles, but I don't see how this belongs in this forum. The "crop circles" are caused by the remains of the prehistoric mounds themselves, surely no-one would think that they are connected to ETs?

Edit: Or, like ArMaP said.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by cnuum]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Interesting, but not new and not related to Aliens & UFOs.

Aerial photography has been used for many years (obviously not more years than we have aerial crafts
) to look for archaeological sites.

And those were not real crop circles, but, as they say in the article, crop circle-like formations, and these formations are not "etched" in the crops, it's the way the crops react to the different soil that makes them look different, it's a very old way of looking for buried structures.

Some plants, for example, like a more rocky soil, so if we see a line of those plants on a place where there are no rocks it probably means that there is a buried wall under those plants.

MOD,, please move, sorry ...

Dont know how I ended here, I just posted new thread from an existing crop thread..

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Dont know how I ended here, I just posted new thread from an existing crop thread..

That explains it, you were probably already inside the Aliens & UFOs forum, so the new thread was put inside that forum.

I think that is why many people say that they do not know how their threads appeared on the wrong forum.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

star, and flag. I think that if crop circles led to the findings, then it is relavent.

I think the ancients are indeed, or were ET. I think whatever the thought process that man caused for himself a vibrational fall.......or dimensional fall.

I think the ET are simply the higher dimension beings coming back to say hello, or it's time, or "I'm back!!!"

Maybe there was something in the 'find' we should look at or study.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

star, and flag. I think that if crop circles led to the findings, then it is relavent.

I think the ancients are indeed, or were ET. I think whatever the thought process that man caused for himself a vibrational fall.......or dimensional fall.

I think the ET are simply the higher dimension beings coming back to say hello, or it's time, or "I'm back!!!"

Maybe there was something in the 'find' we should look at or study.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Awesome information. This does point to there are highly intelligent beings that are allowing us to see our past.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
I think that if crop circles led to the findings, then it is relavent.
They did not.

Those are not crop circles, they are the shape of the buried structures that affects the way the plants grow and become visible from the air.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
This does point to there are highly intelligent beings that are allowing us to see our past.
Yes, and they are called archaeologists.

new topics

top topics

join