It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with people these days...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, this doesn't really have a specific topic, but I felt like a discussion would be good for us, so I decided to bring it up.

So, what is up with people these days? How come racism is becoming more self-prominent in our society? How come people can't see that violence leads to more violence? How come people can't see that racism leads to more racism, and hate to more hate? That is my question: Why can't people see this?

I simply can't comprehend it. We have all these high-ranking officials saying that they are working towards peace and are working in humane ways, when EVERY OTHER DAY, or EVERY DAY for that matter, we have more and more stories of death, murder, war, terrorism, etc etc. Why? Doesn't make sense to me. Its like they are contradicting themselves.

Since we are on that topic, I would like to bring up a certain thing I thought about today, while daydreaming...

The Bible contradictories. I don't understand them either! The Bible says in one place that killing is bad, and in another says it is OK!? Another big thing is the Lucifer-Jesus connection.

The Book of Isaiah. Lucifer is cast down from heaven. Lucifer means "morning star".

The Book of Revelations. Jesus comes back to Earth again. He calls himself the "morning star". Hmm.

Lucifer is a LATIN NAME, in a HEBREW WRITTEN SECTION of the OLD TESTAMENT. How did a latin name end up in a Hewbrew text? Hmm.

Just thought we could discuss this stuff, as I am a little confused about stuff at the moment.

-wD

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Please either directly quote or give the chapter:verse so that we can read these contradictions for ourselves.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Lucifer is a LATIN NAME, in a HEBREW WRITTEN SECTION of the OLD TESTAMENT. How did a latin name end up in a Hewbrew text? Hmm.

There is no need for "hmm" WeBDeviL.

Why?
Cause its all in translation.
The Hebrew Bible was translated into both Greek and Latin.
The Hebrew word used was "heylel". When the Hebrew Bbile was translated into Latin, ie: the Latin Vulgate, that is where the translation came into play.
Nowhere in the original Hebrew text, which covers the Old Testament, for which is where the only use of "heylel=Lucifer" is mentioned--in Isaiah 14:12--is the word "Lucifer" used nor is it used in Latin. This occurred during trnaslation.
The Name "Lucifer"

Jesus refers to himself as the "morning star", not "son of the morning star", for which the name "Lucifer" implies.
New American Standard Version

This, again, varies per translation.

seekerof

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree with you. Take the Iraq War for example. It's like an eternal gang war - we do a driveby on one of their members, they break one of our members legs, we retaliate, they retaliate, etc etc. The gang members are the troops, and as they die, the draft is the recruitment process. It's a cultural war, a Jihad, a clash of philosophies.

[Edited on 5/10/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Maybe it is human nature to want to kill and hate. We see a threat and we must control it or destroy it to survive.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I totally agree with all of you...
We actually Lack ENORMUS KNOWLEDGE!
There is people that falling of the track and there are not much people that help other people on the track again. We must keep each other up and running. It�s hard to explain thou. If you think about the Iraq war Most of the Iraq People got minimum knowledge in thing (Example: they where teached bad things (or they where shoot in the head either way) and there was not good schools either plus much other stuff but if the above people and people above people Got knowledge enough to run their country or what ever, there wouldn�t exists something like that).
Else it leads to chaos when they are trying to do something with that knowledge of theirs.
(And others (Almost everybody?))
For �GOD� sake don�t blame things on our nature

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Who said I'm blaming it on our nature? That along with your opinion of the lack of knowledge would be a factor in the whole kill/hate situation.
I agree with you there.

What we do not understand, we fear. What we fear, we hate. What we hate is deemed as a threat and must be eliminated.

Of course I'm just shooting off ideas. I'm bored and want to talk. =)

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sylverwolfe
Maybe it is human nature to want to kill and hate. We see a threat and we must control it or destroy it to survive.

That's such a copout. It's human nature to kill? I hate the state we are living in now. Time for the planet to recycle.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay

That's such a copout. It's human nature to kill? I hate the state we are living in now. Time for the planet to recycle.

Explain?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Not it at all.

The reason we are seeing more "racism" is because these politicians you so positively are certain are fighting against racism are actually FOR racism.

Or more correctly, it's the people (can we spell illuminati, folks ?) behind the politicians pulling the strings.

Can't you guys see that we are being pitted against each other ? Everything...the PC movement, affirmative action etc is just another mechination designed to get us at each others throats so we have no TIME or energy to think about the big stuff...or where it's all really coming from.

Even George Carlin thinks so. I don't remember exactly what he said regarding this issue, but I do know that not only is he a great comic genius, but a genius at social commentary as well.

People are being pitted against each other at the same time their being told to be tolerant. That's the bottom line. They tell us differences are to be appreciated, but they use these same differences to divide.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Can't you guys see that we are being pitted against each other ? Everything...the PC movement, affirmative action etc is just another mechination designed to get us at each others throats so we have no TIME or energy to think about the big stuff...or where it's all really coming from

Hmmm...I see your point. I've never thought of it that way before.

Thanks for the different viewpoint...

top topics

join