It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In RESPONSE to "What would YOU have done..with 24Trillion?" by Revdrdrsunshine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I would have purchased 24 trillion dollars worth of gold from all the other banks of the world, maybe then out dollar would gain some value

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

Those are just specifics. The first part of section 8 says this:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States

I think education part of the general welfare of the US.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Well you could think that, but SCOTUS, nor any other court has affirmed that.

Ever researched the general welfare clause? The way it is used today is vastly different from the founding fathers intent.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

What do you mean; "what you would have done". The U.S. government does not have 24 trillion to spend. How do you spend money you don't have? Well just put it on the U.S. Treasury credit card, the lender, being China. Who will China mail the bill to? You children. Congratulations, we're all idiots.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had no idea that we, as regular members of this board, could send mass U2Us to plug our threads.

Oh, right. We can't. Advisor - this is utterly shameless. As a mod, you post in your threads as a regular member. That means you're NOT A MOD IN YOUR OWN THREADS.

That means that using the mass U2U feature to bump your own thread is completely inappropriate. Get it? That's why no one does it. In time I've been here, this is the first time any mod has stooped this low.

You think your thread and your petty argument are important. Bully for you. I'm not an american. I'm not really all that interested in this particular topic. If I was, I would have posted in the original.

The point is that we - as regular members of this board - have to let our threads stand or sink on their own merit. We don't use mass U2Us to bump them. and neither should you.

So, anyway, if I had 24 trillion dollars, I'd buy Fiji. I'd give everyone there a lot of money and tell them to move to Advisor's home town. Then I'd build a copy of The Nürburgring and drive my Zonda around and around and around, stark naked. Then I'd roll around in a big pile of money while giggling. I'd do that every day for the rest of my life.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Obviously there ws a mass misunderstanding.

I linked the thread which I replied in, and then reposted my reply from the linked members thread here. To start a different thread showing how the money is or isn't being used.

This thread isnot what would you do with 24 trillion it is about what the government is spending 400 billion on and how it can be reallocated.

these misunderstanding are what occurs when poeple do not read, but skim.

The whole point of this thread, was to keep from going off topic in the other members thread.

As for the mass u2u, you didn't have to read it. Or reply here, considering the population on ATS I should have known a real issue which can be addressed would be ignored over fake ufo and alien threads.

There is real proof that our government is screwing the people over, yet it goes ignored because people would rather forget it by drowning it it fanasty.

Thank you all, for replying.

Next time, I'll post how reticulans and grays have formed a budget repair plan and see how many people believe that sheet.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Obviously there ws a mass misunderstanding.

There is real proof that our government is screwing the people over, yet it goes ignored because people would rather forget it by drowning it it fanasty.

We are being screwed by our government. I'm glad you posted this thread. I know that in many cities people are beginning to protest when elected officials come to town and try to propagandize. We must stop this. They have no right to spend our money in this way.

of course if you were to post a thread that obama was born on zeta reticuli it would get some serious hits. we would all rather thik about that than the fact that our country is being trashed.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

As for the mass u2u, you didn't have to read it. Or reply here, considering the population on ATS I should have known a real issue which can be addressed would be ignored over fake ufo and alien threads.

My point is that you sending a mass U2U to bump your own thread is hardly the reason you have access to the mass U2U feature.

Like everyone else, I read mass U2Us because they tend to be board news. Official business, so to speak. You misused that, and I'm calling you on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath
Better idea:

Lets save the money and only spend it on things authorized by the Constitution.

Feeding the worlds kids or building schools isnt exactly included.

Spend the absolute bare minimum and return the money to its rightful owners, ie: the taxpayers.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

Good thing the constitution is a living document.

You do know our forefathers endorsed slavery?

So to act like a document is "perfect" is naive. I will say we are going in the wrong direction nowadays, despite what the constitution says.

Now, feeding the worlds children...a better solution would be to make farms where possible, and offer incentives to farmers.

Schools? Offer better pay to teachers, renovate schools, yada yada.

I do agree with TheAftermath on the idea that we should just save it, help pay off debt, and stabilize the economy...because that has benefits in many areas, not just short term things.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Where do you get this silly notion it is a living document?

It's meaning doesnt change over time. The ONLY way to change it is through the amendment process.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
How are you going to support the population multiplied by 6 in 25 years which you cause by supporting the world population comfortably under your plan?

The population will not be 40.2 billion in 25 years.

The projection is a 50% increase in 50 years per the UN,
based on the year 2000 to the year 2050 on current rates.

Population projections

You are quoting some dehumanist propaganda written by
the ppl that made the Georgia Guidestones.

Unless you have proof, the death cult nihilists are just hot air.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Growing our own oil in the desert via vertical hydroponic algae systems
would pay for your ENTIRE plan.

100,000 gallons per acre per year in the desert

The only thing stopping it is the Oil lobby and FAKE green crowd in DC.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Exactly, and why isn't the green safe clean energy being used, because that won't line corporate pockets, which are too deep for their own good.

Sad but true...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
With the talk of a dept ceiling being raised, perhaps it would be worth a second look into some of the possible solutions already presented.

If our government is going to keep ignoring the real issue, then we are forced to voice and stand up for what we believe in.

Nothing will change, if we change nothing.

History only repeats, because we let it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join