It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In RESPONSE to "What would YOU have done..with 24Trillion?" by Revdrdrsunshine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So as to not steal away from the above menioned thread, but to expand upon the post and reply I made within, I am going to repost it here and hope some members and or viewers see where this is going.

The figures are linked in the short video animation at end of this post.

reply to post by revdrdrsunshine

First and foremost, I would not need 24 trillion to do what I know will fix key issues.

We can meet basic human needs at home and abroad by reducing obsolete cold war weapons and investing 15% of the Pentagon budget by:

Providing Head Start for all elgible US kids $ 2 billion/yr
Provide healthcare for all uninsured US kids $13 billion/yr
Rebuild Americas schools over next ten yrs $12 billion/yr
Achieve energy independance w/clean energy $ 8 billion/yr
feed all of the worlds starving children $25 billion/yr

We are at 60 billion, see what I'm getting at. this budget is represented by 2004 figures.

So accourding to the 2004 figure, if we reduced the spedning on obsolete cold war junk by 15% or $60 billion. We could accomplish the above goals. What about the rest of the money, you ask.

Well considering the then figures show the DoD had a budget of $401 billion, childrens health was $41 billion, K-12 education as $34 billion, humanitarian foreign aid as $10 billion, head start with $7 billion and reduction of reliance on oil was 2$ billion.

I say some thing is vastly mismanaged here.....

Source of information compiled by TrueMajority.Org

[edit spelling]

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Better idea:

Lets save the money and only spend it on things authorized by the Constitution.

Feeding the worlds kids or building schools isnt exactly included.

Spend the absolute bare minimum and return the money to its rightful owners, ie: the taxpayers.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Could you please provide a source to any "Constitutionaly authorized finance"?

I for one would be interested in said material.

Also, I must ask, those who don't grasp the figures posted to please watch the short mear minutes linked video.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
All I found were state and local links about taxation. Nothing about the fed. I didn't really try too hard. I'm writing a new thread myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
i think im on the wall with this one. Of course i would like to see that all the worlds kids are fed no doubt but that i feel isnt the issue....can i ask a question?

instead of relying on money to fix our world which is only paper whats stopping ANYONE from helping to create an alternative society that is not reliant on Gov politics and instead of free energy how about a free economy? we have plenty of very intelligent people here on ATS....

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
How are you going to support the population multiplied by 6 in 25 years which you cause by supporting the world population comfortably under your plan?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Hi well I dont think I can help you with that. Could assist you if you were discussing the Australian Constitution but your not so

cheers

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

As much as I like the philosophy of your idea. We must take into account the current system we are entrapped in. If the option to do such was available, I could see myself supporting it.

Reality as it is, doesn't allow us that option. There fore we can work within the system we have. Being, legal notes as tender in financial transactions.

I do hope those who reply to this have watched the video as it covers the exact material I typed out in my first post. Only much better in video format.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

In the interest of of space, I won't paste it, but Article 1 Section 8 details each and every expenditure Congress can make with our money.
Scroll down to section 8

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What would I do with 24 million bucks?

First thing I would do is I would research why nuclear war head give a by product of HE3(helium 3). Then I would build a plant that produces helium 3. From there I would build a power source that could power each home and building independently. That should be able to be done with a trillion easy with much to spare. Helium 3 could also be mined from the moon, so once we have power generation here it would be easy for small companies to compete in the helium 3 market. The main factor is to get people energy independent. Not as a country as a whole but as people as a whole.

Just the effects from that would have enormous cost saving benefits for everybody.

The second thing I would do is make it cheap for people to recycle the water that they use, and also figure out a way to make water. We'll say 100 billion for that.

The third thing I would do is put a bunch of money into medical technology and advance that so it doesn't cost that much to treat people. We'll put 2 trillion into that.

As far as feeding the world it would be nice, but we would have to get rid of the dictators running the countries, so I would make them an offer they couldn't refuse. We'll say 5 trillion for all that.

Then I would spend another trillion getting the countries up to speed on the technology, we'll say another 5 trillion for that.

So now we are at 13.1 trillion.

That leaves 10.9 trillion left over and the problems that plague us are getting under control. No more worries about wars over resources and people learn how to be dependent only upon themselves.

That is what I would do at least.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
With the 24 trillion I would have...
Made sure everyone on the planet had clean wells to drink from.
Harness Geothermal energy which is clean and at current at 7,000 year supply.
Farm the seas.
Also figure out why the sun is heating up.

And never take a cent for myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't think your far off actually... to debate the numbers or exactness of what we would do with the money would be pointless, it would take allot of work, anything or numbers we throw out are generalizations.

But I would be more extreme.

I'd keep our nuclear deterent and bring the entire military back home...

Not unemploy them but put them to work on infra structure and defense as opposed to offense.

Eliminating all costs of over seas operation and maintence and gaining profits in the states by employing them from everything to water piplines, irrigation, to hardening systems, laying down bullet trains, building schools...

I'd also end the war on drugs and put the same men to work on a war on poverty

You are on the right track... a Trillion spent on infrastructure and education and food production and social aid... as oppossed to over seas...

in essence I'd take America isolationist to this continent again

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

Much appreciated, thank you.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Colonizing Mars for general human habitation; cost : about 24trillion $

Sharing the Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin : Priceless

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Humm I'm hoping that my question for this thread won't go off topic too much but I'm really curious, could that even be possible? 24 trillion dollars appearing out of nowhere?

Would a new discovery of gold somewhere deep within our mountains sum up to that value? How much gold would there be?

IF there were to be that much gold to be found, would the value of gold decrease?

Is there anything else as valuable as gold that would equal to 24 trillion dollars?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It's not entirely off topic.

How ever, it is my opinion that the debt is not measured by the gold standard.

The solution is really simple. Because the "trillions of $$$" is printed out of nothing. the dollar has no value out side of the not federal "federal reserve".

There is a great number of threads on that very subject. I'll find what has been discussed and u2u a link to those who wish to know more.

[edit] couldnt find specific link, this is great substitute, please check the data for your self.
The Federal Reserve Scam

It's debt, not actual accounted and material money, but inflated valueless paper, labeled as legal tender based on promisary notes.

On second thought edited to include ATS based FEDSCAM links:
Fed Reserve

8th Circuit Court of Appeals Admits Federal Reserve is Privately Owned

The Federal Reserve is NOT part of the United States Government

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
what would I do with it?

throw as much as necessary into the national debt, burn the rest and take it out of circulation. See if that causes a drop in inflation like my old econ teacher said it would.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Nothing. National defense. But that's it. 10th ammendment should cover everything else. And all the additional costs are just an add-on, brought to you by the Fed.

IMHO

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

no mention at all of Cash for Clunkers! let alone all these czars and their staff and pretty much the entire stimulus bill for that matter. so why is this happening? has the constitution been canceled without anybody telling me?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
64trilion? hmm..

free healthcare for everyone;
lots of money on science. LOTS of money, we need to get that free energy, to get rid of cancer & aids, to explore space and to understand space/time/dimensions around us;
reform educational system;
send support (food & medecine) wherever it is needed;

ooh and i'll pay a lot just to see every religion destroyed. I am sick and tired of muslim burning christians alive, jew invading muslims country, christian bashing on everything that is not called jesus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join