It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY use Ouija boards?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Okay, so we've seen the Exorcist, and heard the Catholic Church speak against such things, and yet some still think little of using such a demonic device... WHY? I do not ask this out of objection, but out of ignorance... for I would like to hear the testimony of those who have used the boards themselves.

Summoning anything paranormal, in my personal experience, cannot lead to anything beneficial for the summoner. Submiting to the control of something sinister is not something that I would EVER do willingly, so why is it that some think it is fun to hold seances and such? I suppose if a ouija board was used relatively few times and for the simple purpose of fun, it would not be bad, except for the fact that they already seem cursed.

Here's a link, yet I am not as extreme on my standpoint as its author: www.yourgoingtohell.com...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Although I'm not a christian i have to agree with much of what was contained in the link .
Ouija boards are extremely dangerous,any time I used one I was filled with a feeling of fear and dread .Also during the night , after having used the ouija board I would always wake up and have the dreadful feeling there was a presence in my bedroom .These things are dangerous I would advise anybody to stay away from them .I think its time scientists did research into this phenomena.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by imhotep
Although I'm not a christian i have to agree with much of what was contained in the link .
Ouija boards are extremely dangerous,any time I used one I was filled with a feeling of fear and dread....I think its time scientists did research into this phenomena.

Greetings Imhotep.

There have been some great studies on this subject. Late in the 1980s a "supposedly" revolutionary technique was discovered that allowed victims of cerebral palsy to communicate with their loved ones. The palsy patient with the help of an "assistor" would type messages on a keyboard. The assistors claimed that the patient would draw on their "will" or lifeforce to type these messages. Everybody was estatic until the abuse allegations began. Soon all these patients were typing messages, using their assistors, to claim that they were being abused. Scientists were eventually brought in and found a problem. They would show the assistor a picture of an orange and the patient a picture of an apple. They would then blindfold the assistor and in every test they would type the word orange.

How does this apply to oujia boards? Simple, have a group a people use one, but blind fold them all. No messages, no automatic movement, nothing will occur, except a lot of gibberish.

The only power of oujia board has is the power you give it in your subconscious.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yeah...they are scary. I suppose if someone were to use one, who had no belief in such things, they would get a different result. People who do not know how to use their 'magick energy' can really hurt themselves. I don't really think it is the board itself that is 'evil', it is the person's own magick boucing off into the spiritual abyss, calling forth whatever may be out there. In most cases, something nasty answers back.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Righter than right should be.

Fear of it is what grants it power.

It is (in my opinion) neither a medium nor a facilitator. Its just a piece of cardboard with letters on it.

However, if you are scared enough of something, then your head will create all sorts of results.

That has been my experience, at least.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
It is (in my opinion) neither a medium nor a facilitator. Its just a piece of cardboard with letters on it.

FACILITATOR. That's the word I couldn't remember to describe those morons.

The subsconscious mind is a wonderful thing and it loves to mess with us, especially those of us who had religous upbringings.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
That sh*t is like mediumism.

I would stay away from it.

I wouldn't mind learning how to utilise the Kemetic Tarot, I-Ching or Metu Neter Oracle though.

In fact; I'm going to.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I've never had any particularly sour experiences with a Ouija board. I own a hand-crafted one, made of wood, with celtic designs on it -- it's quite a magnificant piece of craftsmanship, and very good quality.
For one, I've never had anything creepy or scary or even remotely disturbing happen while using one. As far as I'm concerned ( and with my relation ) it's just an interesting, if somewhat mythical, communication device.

Has anyone here had any particularly unpleasant experiences with one?
Hell, mine's right besides my bed, in the paper wrap that I keep it in. The planchet is there, too (also made of wood) ....It's never spooked me. But I am very interested in hear what y'all have to say on this matter, particularly in terms of creepiness.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Where is the best place to get an inexpensive Ouija board? It would be interesting to try one out but I do not want to spend a lot of money on one.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilikeburgers
Where is the best place to get an inexpensive Ouija board? It would be interesting to try one out but I do not want to spend a lot of money on one.

I have heard you could get them from Toys r Us or even a local toy store.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilikeburgers

I wouldn't recommend getting one. Last time i done a Ouija Board was with my friend and we done it for a "laugh". It turned into a nightmare. Ouija boards are not a game. If you want a good scare, rent out a few horror movies or something

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the same thing, but Hungry, Hungry Hippos came alive once and bit me.

Anyway, I have never had any good or bad experiences with ouija boards. It seems to me that you get out of it what you put into it. If you are fearful using it then you are bound to be scared by the wind blowing at just the right moment. I think it has to do more with what you are bringing into it as opposed to the item itself.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
my ouija experience was creepy. i used to bunk of school with my mates and one of our past times other then sniffing tipex finer was ouija board for the scare factor. one day [and we hadnt been sniffing] we got together around the board and put our fingers on the glass and said "is anybody there", we waited for a minute and then the glass began to move. it was creepy as im sure no one was guiding it, i know you can never be 100% sure but, this one time out of all the over times felt different, it spelled out a name ruth ellis. our little faces had all started to go white and i felt very uneasy as the glass continued to move from letter to letter. it spelled " i was hanged" this was all too much so we stopped. there was a coldness in the room and we all felt sick. anyway the next day we were all on a mission to find out who this ruth ellis was, and it wasnt long before we got an answer from our history teacher. ruth ellis was the last woman to be hanged in england on the 13 july 1955.

www.stephen-stratford.co.uk...

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

i got mine off ebay for cheap, it's a 60's version, i really like it. i've never had any real 'bad' experiences with mine, even though if situations i have been in occured in a room full of giggling junior high girls i'm sure they would consider it unpleasent.

that webpage , although interesting, is a joke! i see he puts a link to the audio clip of 'screams from hell' that art bell featured that one time and has been proven fake over and over again.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ouija is just a tool, just like tarot, astrology and countless other things out there. The problem with Ouija is that its like dialing a random number. You don't know who will answer you. Often times, spirits willing to answer your call are more negative, or rather lost. Its one of the easiest ways to communicate with the living besides dreaming, so they will use this to speak out. A person who does not understand how to properly protect themselves often times will have negative reactions. The curious seeker can sometimes find themselves in spooky situations, and often gets scared and will not use ouija after because they cannot explain what happened. My own experience with ouija is limited to a few experiences, when I was little (around 10 ) I used one and had a plant drop from the window ledge above my head and it hit me. LOL Didnt touch one for a while after, then in High School, I brought one to school on halloween and a friend and I sat and talked with a guy named Jack for a while. That was the last time I used one. This was back in the 80's. I have heard many many stories about ouija good and bad, but I think if you are properly able to use spiritual protection, you should be ok. Like I said, its a tool, and everyone likes to explore the unknown edges of spirit sometimes. (this is my first post ever here btw) lol *wave* But in the end, a tool is a tool, and the idea is to train yourself not to need the tools anymore. To many people get stuck, or addicted to the tools, and never progress beyond. You dont need ouija, but it is a way to open the mind to the reality that there are spirits out there, and there is much more to life than just living it. Anything that can help a person to bridge the gap between themselves and the unseen world around can and should always be viewed as a good thing, just get informed beforehand when using something like this, learn ways to ground and shut out negative influences, keep a healthy attitude and know that nothing can hurt you unless you allow it too, and the experience is mind opening in the end.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'v heard so much about quija board's, mond you most of it negative, i personally wouldn't touch one with a stick, its not nice to mess with the unknown!

But i personnally have not had any experience good or bad with them. However, one of my friends had a particularly nasty incident with one, so at the very least its not for the faint of heart or for anyone without some sort of spritual protection mentioned by Darkblade71

...be warned....

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I was a young, with no spiritual proctection. So my bro and some friends had some nasty things happen. I'm still not sure the thing we conjured up has ever left our little 'playhouse'.
While conjuring, in a small room with no windows open, a shade riped after we asked the spirit to make its presence know. The smell of something awful, like decay or something followed soon after.
Yes, it could be all just in our head, but it let a mark on us.
I don't think we fooled with it much after that. I don't think it is the board itself that does this, it is the users intent. You could make one out of a smooth surface and a glass cup but it is the energy and your mind doing the 'conjuring'.
We were very young and strange little kids. =)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Ouija is just a tool, just like tarot...

Yeah but Tarot isn't mediumism.

Ouija pretty much is.

I said:

That sh*t is like mediumism.

I would stay away from it.

I wouldn't mind learning how to utilise the Kemetic Tarot, I-Ching or Metu Neter Oracle though.

In fact; I'm going to.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Actually, depending on how you read tarot, it is for some a form of mediumship. I read cards for many years and came to the conclusion that there are spirits that do influece a part of it. Thats just my perspective on it though. Mediumship is actually quite natural and easy flowing once you can do it.

If one is religious though, and caught up in the dogmatic aspects, I can see how it could scare the daylights out of them. I myself was very leary of my own experiences with it when I started to experience full blown contact. It took me a while to get over that, and took a lot of witnessing others do it, and advice from people who are much more experienced than I am before I was able to accept it as something that is natural. I have been very fortunate though, and have not had many bad experiences with spirits. When I started to recieve visual pictures and images, it felt very natuaral, and to those I was talking with (people who had lost loved ones) it was a very helpful experience for them. Its still a subject that scares a lot of people, but I guess the question is, where is this fear coming from? Most people can honestly say, its the unknown aspect of it that is scary, and it is. The only way to get something known, is to experience it for yourself in these fields of experience. You can read and listen to people, etc etc, but until one experiences it for themselves, its all unknown....and scary
After a while, someone who is accepting of thier gifts will find that the fear changes to amazement, joy, and excitement. LOL sorry, I started to babble

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think mediumship pretty much encompasses anything which is a method by which to "divine" information: This can include, but is in no way limited to, Tarot, Ouija, Rune casting, etc..

Speaking of - What about location in relation to Ouija? Do different locales work better for dfferent people? I've only tried around my house, usually quite late at night with candles and incense lit for "atmosphere."

What about Rune casting? Is anyone here even superficially familiar with it? I ask, only for interest and to hear about people's experiences.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join