It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will You Do If They Raise Taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

When I took my current state position the adverstised pay rate was $25,600 per year. At that income I would have qualified for $650 per month in foodstamps. ($7800 annual).

Now, when I interviewed, it went well and they offered me $27,900 (about a 10% raise), but it disqualified me from the foodstamps! I wasn't aware of all the details ahead of time, but my 10% raise cost me about $5000 a year in Net Income!!

Florida was in a budget crunch prior to the legislative session this year. I offered to give up my raise
but they wouldn't let me!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Every single Administration around the world has raised taxes...

and people always do nothing..
i will put a safe bet and say people will do nothing once again..

..But why bring this up now?? could it be something to do with your anti-obamanism?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Crazy, they give you a pay raise just so you couldn't claim public assistance, and in the end it put you at a 5000 dollar net loss. That left you with a little less than 21 grand a year that is crazy.

It's had to survive on that little bit of cash when food prices keep rising and so does gas. If they increase taxes and people can't eat, people are going to get violent like hungry people do.

reply to post by Next_Heap_With

.But why bring this up now?? could it be something to do with your anti-obamanism?

Or maybe it is because people are seeing all their money being stolen by the bankers and being enabled by the government and they have gone an outrageous spending spree now they want to pay for it by taxes us to death, when very few people wanted them to spend all this much cash in the first place.

It has nothing to do with Obama it has everything to do with them going against the peoples will and spending out of control and then raising our taxes to pay for it all when we didn't want it in the first place.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
Every single Administration around the world has raised taxes...

and people always do nothing..
i will put a safe bet and say people will do nothing once again..

..But why bring this up now?? could it be something to do with your anti-obamanism?

wow thanks for the laugh, no i am not anti Obama, i am Anti the way things are.

When i was just as anti bush as i am anti Obama, people like you sided with me, now that i am anti Obama i have been placed with the right wingers, and ridiculed by you, the very same group who used me to get your point across.

thanks, from your local libertarian.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Fair Enough...

I do not challenge your past emotions about the government...

I just think people are louder now because of Obama (i do think is a race thing).. I just wish you were as loud as you are now during the Bush administration..

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Fair Enough...

I do not challenge your past emotions about the government...

I just think people are louder now because of Obama (i do think is a race thing).. I just wish you were as loud as you are now during the Bush administration..

Whether you are pro-Obama or anti-Obama does not matter, the current situation stands on its own merits. Bush/Obama/Clinton/Congress created this mess!

Race is at the far bottom of the concern of most Americans at this point!

How can people still be claiming it is a race thing?? It may be for a select few, but the vocalization is not related to race!! We are in the midst of an historical recession/depression, wars on several fronts, free press is dead, an upcoming vote on healtcare stands to be groundbreaking, the iconic auto industry is dead or nationalized, banks are failing daily, education is faultering, immigration is out of control, individual and state rights have been seized, so on, and so on!

The world events at this point of our history speak for themselves, it would not matter if Teddy Roosevelt were resurrected to run the country, the vocalization from either side would be just as severe in this climate!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

I actually created a new thread about just this, titled I am NOT anti Obama

please check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join