It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex couple's court fight for pug may change laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Ex couple's court fight for pug may change laws

www.msnbc.msn.com

Former pair has spent more than $40,000 to gain custody of Dexter

Three years ago, Doreen Houseman and her fiancé, Eric Dare, broke up. Though they’ve settled many issues from their life together, a big question remains: Who gets their pug, Dexter?

This question may be changing New Jersey law.

On Wednesday, the former couple faced each other in court for the third time, both hoping to get permanent custody of the now 6-year-old pug.

The fight began after an agreement to share custody of Dexter soured when Houseman started dating again, and Dare, a Williamstown, N.J., police offi
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think I'm angry about this, but I'm not sure.

So, we have a couple people, spending over twenty THOUSAND dollars each on legal fees to get custody of their dog.

I don't doubt that for some people, pets are members of the family. I don't agree with it, but I understand it, and would not fault anyone for it.

One judge says the dog is 'furniture'. Three other judges say the first judge was wrong.

The ex 'guy', a cop, decides that after the ex 'gal' starts seeing someone else, that she can't have visitation with the dog any more. What planet are we living on?

Someone please help me understand how this happens? How do two people spend a over forty thousand dollars combined in legal fees to fight for custody of a dog?

I know the dog is probably very special to at least one of them. Is any dog worth that much money, fighting and legal proceedings?

If you love something, set it free, right? shouldn't one of them just let it go?

What has our world become where it is an acceptable use of the courts and money to decide such frivolous nonsense?

Hmm...I wonder why they split up? Could it be that they are both selfish, pig-headed idiots? They weren't even married. I wish the meteorite would hurry up. This place is getting weird, and stupid.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

We had a case very similar in this state. It was over a bird though. A large parrot. Very exotic and expensive. They spent almost as much in the squabble but in the end one had to pay half it's worth to the other party and that ended it!
It is very crazy the links some folks go to in these separations of relationships!
Zindo

new topics

join