It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUMAN - It's What's For Dinner!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Note to mods - I know that this revolutionary idea may be against the current views and plays into our Western fears of death. I in no way intend this as a joke or prank. It is a serious topic meant for serious discussion.

I have spent time observing nature and thinking about evolution and such matters recently. It is during this time that I had a brilliant world changing idea.

After going on a hike through the woods, I came back in and watched a show about the jungles of Africa and how the animals compete for food and obviously eat what they catch, but that many species also eat their own dead. I guess in the end it comes down to the fact that animals do not waste food like we do. If something has died, one of them will eat it. I found it to be quite efficient and practical of them.

So then I began to think about how we humans die and we spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on burials and funerals just to let our loved one's bodies
rot in the ground or be burned in a creamatorium. What a waste!

Think about the environmental impact of raising livestock. What if we could raise less but not have to cut back our meat intake? I bet you are already
ahead of me and grabbed onto my great idea of being Pro-Cannibalism.

We have people starving all over the world and these are tough economic times, let alone times of war, etc... So why do we think we are so above the animals
that we are above eating our own? We are wasting land, harming the environment, and worst of all wasting a perfectly good set of meals for several people.

As we all know, several tribal cultures have practiced cannibalism and I cannot really make a case for how it is morally wrong. In fact, it is more morally
correct than wasting food and destroying the environment.

Now I know this idea would take some time for people to adjust to. So maybe in the meantime we could just process the bodies into animal feed or someting of
that nature.

Just think of the possibilities there would be over time, as people began to adjust to the idea. Like instead of wasting a bunch of money on a funeral, casket, visitation, etc.. We could have a celebration of sorts where the deceased could be displayed in a large grill or rotissiere and then later cooked for the sustenence of their loved ones.

Just think of your loved one spinning around on the rotissiere and being basted with mouth watering BBQ Sauce.

Or during times of war, we could have a celebration of the life of the fallen and then every one could pay their respects and right before dinner the deceased could be honored by saying something like "We thank you for your serving your country, now God bless us as we serve you - for dinner."

Furthermore, to benefit the starving in Africa we could freeze the bodies of those that dont have loved ones and ship them over for consumption.

Also, think of poor families who have no money to bury their dead and who will not receive an inheritance. They could simply sell their loved one for a few dollars per pound. Its a win-win situation. They get some needed money and the other person gets a few nice meals.

On a lighter note, the next time somebody says "Eat Me!", you can say "Gladly!"... as soon as you drop dead.

I just think this is such a brilliant idea for humanity and the environment. It is just natural as we observe from watching our fellow animals on this planet.

What do you think?

[edit on 8/2/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh god lol. Im sorry but I dont think I could ever do that. Seeing as how I saw alot of dead body pictures online. No way.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Sometimes radical and forward thinking ideas take some time for the majority of people to adjust too. However, I think over time you could learn to enjoy a funeral and just the thought of one would get your taste buds hopping for joy!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"Soylent green IS PEOPLE!!!"
"We have to tell somebody!!!"
"For God's sake, We have to do something!!"

I suppose if we were starving to death, it might be a viable solution.
However, human beings are so polluted, that eating them could be a risk. That is if the other KNOWN potentials for contamination and infection, were to somehow be negated.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'd not be very edible I think

All those preservatives and chemicals don't-cha-know?
(That and I'm likely laced with all sorts of heavy metals.
)

M.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

I think that you could overcome any disease by thoroughly cooking the meat. So maybe make it an all day roast like a pig roast.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
When the US government goes bankrupt this year, and the dollar crashes, and the oil imports stop, and everything else stops .. including your paycheck and the food on grocery store shelves, Tuesday won't be the only day for soylent green .. EVERYDAY will become Soylent Green day.

When the majority have no money, and there isn't any food to buy anyhow, what will YOU do to feed your children, your family? Will you voluntarily starve yourself, or will you kill and rob your neighbors of their food stocks? Will you eat your neighbors if there is nothing else to eat? Will your neighbors eat you?

If you think you'll be okay because you've stockpiled food in your pantry, think again. What will you do when you are robbed? What will you do when your home is burnt down in the riots? Do you have enough weapons and ammo and people to defend every direction leading to your home?

Make no mistake, the US government is headed towards bankruptcy, and the dollar will become worthless when this happens. When that happens, the oil will stop, and then world war will break out. Have a plan for when this happens. Be prepared .. or be eaten. If you haven't significant food stores in a safe remote hiding place that you can escape to, you'll either be eaten, or you'll be eating your neighbors.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Shucks, Grapes.

I'm pretty high in cholesterol and trans fats.

Should we try to make people eat healthier so they taste better?

Cannibalism is certainly taboo here in the US, though it has been practiced by a few. If they don't die in the snow, they get killed in their cells.

Funny how we try so hard to think we are so evolved. Waste not want not, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Maybe its also good idea to fix political issues: the winning party feasts eating the losers.
The better even with improvement of the justice: instead of feeding the criminals during the decades we eat them...well of course fatting first- no more bodybuilding because after that their meat becomes too hard...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Well maybe we could marinade you in a light sauce first. You know the way I see it any meat taste good if you get the right BBQ sauce.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

Well I dont know about eating them while they are still alive that could be a legal issue. But think of the prisoners in jail. We could keep them caged up and feed them just right until their meat was like a fine veal cutlet... MMMMMMMM

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

Your idea is a good one about political issues. I do think it would be cool if we could make politics like the jungle when they are in a drought. They start crossing into each other lands.. and they just wait and pounce the other side and fight to the death and start eating.

The lobbyists could be like the hyenas trying to steal a quick meal.. then the lions turn on them and MUNCH!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The govt runs out of money and as if it effects the 90% of people who live paycheck to paycheck anyway...

and someone is ready to start giving up funerals and just start eating people

You know... That Your the among reasons TPTB have detention camps set up if ever there is a problem right?

Stay the hell away from my Grandma too

[edit on 2-8-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This should most definitly boost R RAY's TV ratings.

Oh the possibilities and dishes to be made.

boggles the imagination

great thread

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

If you haven't read it yet, here's a recent novel which explores some of the things which could develop with regard to 'human cuisine' ...

The Road

The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic tale of a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed all civilization and, apparently, most life on earth. The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4a30eda0310.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Well I dont see how it is my fault. Maybe the PTB arent putting up detention camps, but more like a farm where they can heard us and pick the best ones for a tasty treat.

Do you ever get visions of your grandma in light holindaise sauce and a fine glass of wine.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Don't you know that eating other humans can make you turn into a Wendigo!?

It is a malevolent cannibalistic spirit into which humans could transform, or which could possess humans. Those who indulged in cannibalism were at particular risk,[2] and the legend appears to have reinforced this practice as taboo.

Wendigo Psychosis is a culture-bound disorder which involves an intense craving for human flesh and the fear that one will turn into a cannibal. This once occurred frequently among Algonquian Indian cultures, though has declined with the Native American urbanization.[3]

Wendigo Wiki

I don't wanna become a crazy Wendigo Woman. Noooo Thank you.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I appreciate your humor of the subject.

But, cannibalism is wrong for moral and spiritual (not necessarily religious) reasons. It's just not right.

Furthermore, same-species consumption is itself a health risk. It can cause Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (also known as "mad cow disease") and Creutzfeldt–Jakob Disease and kuru in humans (CJD and Kuru may be related), all caused by prions.

A prion is an infectious agent that is composed of protein. To date, all such agents that have been discovered propagate by transmitting a mis-folded protein state; the protein does not itself self-replicate and the process is dependent on the presence of the polypeptide in the host organism.[2] The mis-folded form of the prion protein has been implicated in a number of diseases in a variety of mammals, including bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE, also known as "mad cow disease") in cattle and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) in humans.

But to add to the humor, perhaps acts of cannibalism in murders should grant leniency because it's less wasteful?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Fortunately, there is not enough dead people for it to make any substancial difference. How many people die a day, and divide that by the world population. It amounts to little, per person, infact. And put it this way - when most people die - they die for a reason - they could be sick. Why eat sick people? I don't want to get sick myself. And we are not tribes - some tribes have the most immoral traditions but because they do it doesn't make it right.

Interesting idea though.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by C0bzz]

join