It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mib?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
...so what happened to the mib all of a sudden? little feet got tired chasing the virtual world? just a comment and a keen observation of then and now. what are "they doing now" as far as gathering info. can they be fast enough to capture and destroy uploads before they occur? after viewing the cia videos that ats offered, i think that perhaps that anything can happen and i am afraid to go further without recrimination.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Which MIB would you be referring to?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cydonia19.5

Exactly what are you talking about? The Men In Black that are reported to visit persons who witnessed close encounter events? What does "virtual" have to do with anything?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

men in black back in the day

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Exactly what are you talking about? The Men In Black that are reported to visit persons who witnessed close encounter events? What does "virtual" hav
e to do with anything?
oh...only gathering info, but now they have the internet to brouse and, well the rest is so obvious

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Exactly what are you talking about? The Men In Black that are reported to visit persons who witnessed close encounter events? What does "virtual" hav
e to do with anything?
oh...only gathering info, but now they have the internet to brouse and, well the rest is so obvious

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Nothing happened to the MIB. They never existed in the first place; what Cydonia describes existed only in the mind of the paranoid and the self-delusional.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What makes you think they still aren't around? There have been some newer accounts of them recently. Although a lot new accounts have the MIB in grey suits it seems like. The MIB is not really covered as much anymore because the focus of ufology is in actual UFOs, rather than a government/alien cover-up. But yea, there are some newer accounts of witnesses claiming an MIB encounter.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Beg to differ, they exist, not the movie type but the real-world, lay low till needed type.
I've witnessed it. Don't be ignorant, you've never seen your I-pod being built, but damn, there it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cydonia19.5
reply to post by desertdreamer

men in black back in the day

Oh, well that explains it......thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Personally I don't think the Men In Black ever existed - at least, not in the form of mysterious government or alien agents trying to intimidate UFO witnesses or gather information. I think that if there ever were any sort of MIB, it was a fluke.

But let's say they did exist. Why should they continue to present themselves in the same way they did years ago? Fashions change. Technology changes. Uniforms change. Why wouldn't the MIB change what they wear?

Some claimed the MIB were aliens who wore the dark clothing and eyeware to protect themselves against Earth's harsh light. OK, maybe they developed better technology that lets them blend in more easily, doesn't require such sinister-looking garb.

If the MIB were from the Government, well, maybe they're trying to change their image, trying to look less threatening. Maybe soon we'll be seeing Men In Loud Hawaiian Shirts (MILHS).

But seriously - why should these MIB keep the same style they had decades ago? Things change.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If the MIB was indeed ever real, the following would relate to what has happened to them.

The MIB used the same styles and tactics used by the other agencies in order to blend in with them, CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. They would have adjusted the same as these other agencies have. They would still have field agents but not as many. They would focus more on the web and other digital communications such as e-mail. This would keep actual face to face encounters down, and since there are cameras in many areas now, having less agents in the public would help to keep chances that an agent would be able to be identified by use of theses cameras down as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What's going on here? I'm having trouble getting to grips with this thread. Maybe because I've been reading the posts that say things I don't get, like: -what happened to the mib all of a sudden? little feet got tired chasing the virtual world- and -men in black back in the day-. I mean I'm not complaining, but please, if you're going to discuss something, do it so simple folk like me can understand...

I wasn't even aware that the MIB were gone, I've never personally paid them a great deal of attention. They're sort of like, the illusive(?) creatures of the world and such that wonn't get caught. To be honest, they probably don't even exist- socially I mean. Just because YOU haven't heard from them doesn't mean they're not reading your ATS posts!

Ramadwarf on having a hurting brain

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Beg to differ, they exist, not the movie type but the real-world, lay low till needed type.
I've witnessed it. Don't be ignorant, you've never seen your I-pod being built, but damn, there it is.

the men in black have visited people who have onlly a mere photo, forget the stupid movie. otto binder, (spelling may not be correct) wrote a book about his experience with the mib back in the late to early 60's and his eerie visitations and phone calls by them. i just made a comment about why have we not heard anyone talking any more about being visited. are they now surfing the web and filtering out the real from the unreal and going from there? i am not delusional, it was not me that coined the phrase or has even been visited by "them". if i am delusional, then the entire host of members can be as well since we are on the same ground/subject matter, right?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I would have to agree if they did exist, back in the day threats were all they had to go on.

But now with information technology they just need by computer whizz's that can spin any credible report to look like a total and utter hoax.

Much easier and pry cheaper than walking door to door making threats, instead just prove the person is a crack pot.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cydonia19.5
otto binder, (spelling may not be correct) wrote a book about his experience with the mib...

Otto Binder was also a science fiction writer (contributing many well known elements to the Superman mythos) who had nothing to back up his claims. It is as easily fiction as fact.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
I would have to agree if they did exist, back in the day threats were all they had to go on.

But now with information technology they just need by computer whizz's that can spin any credible report to look like a total and utter hoax.

Much easier and pry cheaper than walking door to door making threats, instead just prove the person is a crack pot.

thanks for your positive feed. my point, exactly. and i have nothing else to say on this matter now that i have establised a good insight. peace out

new topics

join