It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*US Gov't Completely out of Wheat*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is the reason why You can not depend upon the evil federal government. Take control of Your own lives and make preparations to survive. People 100 years ago where self suficient and they canned and stored their own food. Now days people look at You like idiots if they find out You have a food storage. I currently have over 40 buckets of stuff for my family and the in laws think I am insane. They can think what they want but when something happens don't expect to come to me begging for food without something to trade.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I heard from a friend in the British media that the United States is, like Ancient Rome, having to subsidise wheat production in order to replenish reserves...

Believe it was in California.

I think you have it backwards! The US subsidizes farmers to NOT grow wheat or corn! It is called the "Layout Program" and it is to help control and stabilize pricing, as well as keeping arable land in reserve and avoid another "dust bowl". It has been around for decades!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here is the website and the actual thread from kctv 5

FEMA Opens New Midwest Headquarters
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A new FEMA Midwest headquarters somewhere in the Kansas City area will now allow crews to respond to disasters throughout the Midwest.

The exact location of the facility is being kept secret for security purposes, but the new facility features many of the new tools that disaster response crews would need.

FEMA officials said that crews from the facility would respond to disasters like the Oklahoma City federal building bombing, the Greensburg tornadoes and the Minneapolis highway bridge collapse.

The trucks and cars at the new FEMA office will be loaded and ready for a quick response when the call is needed and will cover a 14-state, 600-mile radius, which includes areas like Minneapolis, Dallas, Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Denver.

FEMA said they already have eight of these types of facilities across the country.

The equipment in the new facility is designed to handle a variety of disasters, from a terrorist attack to wildfires.

Some local city and state officials will have a tour of the building later today

Article: www.kctv5.com...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by essanance]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
will cover a 14-state, 600-mile radius

So they will cover the bread basket pretty much ,theese are scary times

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Originally posted by epete22
But you know what there is plenty of?

Food for the marxist Obama family. 1,500,000 lbs of ham and cheese and god knows what else. I thought it was kind of fishy that the white house was buying that much food but they're preparing for whats to come.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by epete22]

Where did you get those figures? I'm curious. Can you give a link or source. Sorry, if its posted somewhere already, I must have missed it.

I did get my numbers wrong, 760,000lbs of ham and $1,500,000 for mozzarella.
needsofthemany.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by epete22]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
well damn...

but to tell you the truth, that's not a lot of wheat. We need half a billion tons distributed among states to really cope with a depression.

Especially when it's going to last a decade like the Great Depression.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"Let them EAT T-BILLS!"

Seriously, if this is true then we are one major crop failure away from disaster. Which has already been covered here as well as other places on the net!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join