It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii refuses to verify president's online COLBs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Meanwhile, Obama's health care is getting rammed through government and Obama's economy experts say they're thinking about adding more taxes on the middle class, the economy is #ed, we're still in two pointless meaningless evil wars. But let's focus on this idiocy of Obama's citizenship even though it's been debunked over and over from multiple sources.

This country and it's citizenry deserves whatever it gets.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

LOL. Yeah who cares, too late now right.

Sorry man, it has not been de-bunked, even one time.

It has been swept under the rug, but that is about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Ok.
I saw it.
So, Obama did an end run around the Constitution.
And "we" let it happen.
-sigh-
We are so screwed.

If he can do that to the primary document of this country, then there is no end to what he can also do. Forget Constitutional Rights. They have gone out the window.

-sigh-
I'd say I need a drink, but since I'm already doing that. . . .

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

LOL. Yeah who cares, too late now right.

Sorry man, it has not been de-bunked, even one time.

It has been swept under the rug, but that is about it.

Bill O'Reily has debunked it.
www.mofopolitics.com...

The RNC has debunked it.
This is stupid as hell.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

With all due respect.

I appreciate your point of view, but it's a video that is obviously slanted in one direction. It makes many statements about what a natural born citizen is, but does not provide the text, in the US Constitution or the fourteenth amendment to further assert these points.

I'm having some difficulty locating the exact text. Can you provide a link to where it is clearly pointed out, in the US Constitution, or any of it's amendments, that he is ineligible?

I'm not arguing for one side or the other here, I just want some proof, and truth, absent the sensationalized slant. (not yours, the video's)

Again, the source I quoted states that as long as one of his parents was a citizen, for at least five years, then he would be considered a 'natural born citizen' regardless of the country of his birth.

Surely there is something in print somewhere that we can refer to so that we may be better informed.

I don't personally like the guy, but that is irrelevant in this discussion.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I really feel bad for Mr. Obama on this count.

In the end, it is not inconceivable that even HE believed himself to be fully qualified under the law. But the POLITICAL party was so hell-bent on him being president that they didn't look into it at all. I would not be surprised if they failed to 'look into it' deliberately and with forethought and intent to maintain 'deniability.' Perhaps they were too busy doing media plugs and damage control from that guy..., what's is name... Sinclair?

Voters of the Democrat persuasion really should be pissed that their party didn't kill this seed of doubt before it became such a tiresome challenge for them. After all, it really isn't rocket science. "Yes" or "No" is the answer looked for, and delivered in such a manner that the person making the assertion can face criminal charges if their claim is later proven a falsehood. we can be assured that there is no liability for our politicians... unless they can swear that they didn't just play along, because performing due diligence was somehow beneath them.

It really would have been easier to have forged the documents ahead of time.

By the way..., just in case the predators of this issue are circling, I am not saying I know one way or the other.... I am saying that I, for one, am not entirely persuaded this matter is 'closed.' And the behavior of the courts and the political machinery has not been in keeping with the spirit of the law, as it stands.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Why would McCain or Palin get anywhere near office is this is true? There will be a revolution in this country if those two or the Repubs get anywhere near the executive office during Obama's term.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Link

Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (Enrolled as Agreed to or Passed by Both House and Senate) --H.R.2883-- H.R.2883 One Hundred Sixth Congress of the United States of America AT THE SECOND SESSION Begun and held at the City of Washington on Monday, the twenty-fourth day of January, two thousand

SEC. 101. AUTOMATIC ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP FOR CERTAIN CHILDREN BORN OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. (a) IN GENERAL- Section 320 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1431) is amended to read as follows: `children born outside the united states and residing permanently in the united states; conditions under which citizenship automatically acquired `SEC. 320.
(a) A child born outside of the United States automatically becomes a citizen of the United States when all of the following conditions have been fulfilled: `
(1) At least one parent of the child is a citizen of the United States, whether by birth or naturalization. `
(2) The child is under the age of eighteen years. `
(3) The child is residing in the United States in the legal and physical custody of the citizen parent pursuant to a lawful admission for permanent residence. `
(b) Subsection
(a) shall apply to a child adopted by a United States citizen parent if the child satisfies the requirements applicable to adopted children under section 101(b)(1).'.
(b) CLERICAL AMENDMENT- The table of sections of such Act is amended by striking the item relating to section 320 and inserting the following:

And this:

Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874): The Court stated (pp. 167–68): The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case it is not necessary to solve these doubts. It is sufficient for everything we have now to consider that all children born of citizen parents within the jurisdiction are themselves citizens. (The issue of this case was whether the 14th Amendment gave women the right to vote. Since the subject of the case was born in the US of two citizen parents, the meaning of "natural born citizen" was not an issue. The court merely pointed out that two definitions have been offered, then declined to rule, saying that since the subject fell under the first definition that all agreed on the court did not need to rule on the matter.)

It would appear that the term 'natural born citizen' has never really been properly defined.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

In the end, it is not inconceivable that even HE believed himself to be fully qualified under the law. But the POLITICAL party was so hell-bent on him being president that they didn't look into it at all. I would not be surprised if they failed to 'look into it' deliberately and with forethought and intent to maintain 'deniability.'

I thought of that myself, but this issue was brought up before the election, they could have made sure.

Remember the trip to see grandmaw on her deathbed?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Why would McCain or Palin get anywhere near office is this is true? There will be a revolution in this country if those two or the Repubs get anywhere near the executive office during Obama's term.

I don't know what would happen,

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
What I really don't understand about this, is why would his father have to be a natural born citizen if his mother is? And if he is the child of a natural born citizen, does that not make him an American citizen no matter WHERE he was born?

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

and from the wiki"

The requirements for citizenship, and its very definition in American statute law, have changed since the Constitution was ratified in 1788. Congress first recognized the citizenship of children born to U.S. parents overseas on March 26, 1790, stating that "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens: Provided, That the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States."[8] To date, the Naturalization Act of 1790 has been the only U.S. law explicitly conferring statutory "natural born" citizenship. In 1795, Congress removed the words "natural born" from the law; the Naturalization Act of 1795 says only that foreign-born children of American parents "shall be considered as citizens of the United States."

So again, does it matter where he was born?

I would really like to know the truth though.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

I agree. Outside of lying to the public, if his either of his parents were US citizens, the courts must rule on this one. I personally do not have a problem with any child of an American citizen running for POTUS, no matter where that child was born. But it's up to the courts to rule on that in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Whether or not Obama is valid (you already know my opinion) some people have been saying McCain and Palin would become the legit executive body. My question is where are they getting that from?

I'll say hands down if that happens, I will revolt.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Whether or not Obama is valid (you already know my opinion) some people have been saying McCain and Palin would become the legit executive body. My question is where are they getting that from?

I'll say hands down if that happens, I will revolt.

I don't think so, but we are getting way ahead of ourselves, we don't know what is real.

I am thinking they wont let this happen to the country .

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

His father in fact was not an American citizen at the time Obama was born. This means that Obama is not a "Natureal Born U.S. citizen" even if he was born in Hawaii, as both parents must be U.S. citizens, and you must be born on U.S. soil to qualify as a natural born citizen, and to thus qualify to be POTUS.

What is exactly is Natureal?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I agree. I find it inconceivable that the people would tolerate an automatic presidency for ANYONE until such time as the liability of the political party is resolved. I believe the appropriate chain of command under such circumstances (an invalidated election) would be the Speaker of the House (OMG! No!)

Of course the nature of a national emergency of this magnitude, a true historical first, could very well redefine what it means to be an American, and what exactly IS the United States of America.

I plead, we focus on that which makes us the same, NOT different. It negates any objective to subjugate us via separation and internal conflict, and whether such a conspiracy exists or not, I would rather it could not exist - regardless of the circumstance.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
In other news, no credible organization should ever verify anything for WND.

Yeah, I said it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
He is another puppet on the strings.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Almost everyone who is in the Obama camp as well as the 'Birthers' have ignored one outstanding law. Obama's father was a British citizen. That makes Obama a British citizen under THEIR law also his dad is classified as a citizen of Kenya with the same rules as to citizenship there! His father is also of dual citizenship! Under all laws in this country no person with dual citizenry can attain the office of President legally. I don't believe he EVER renounced his British citizenship. Now where does that little tidbit leave us????! British laws cannot be ignored either. They apply just a much as ours do!

Zindo

PS. there's also the little problem of the Indonesian government rules the family circumvented so he could go to school there!

[edit on 8/2/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Let me explain it this way.

I am a US citizen by law but I can never from birth be a US President.

Why? My Mother is a German National. I was born on US controlled soil in germany (a military base) which like McCain being born in Panama would qualify me. But becuase one of my parents is not a US Citizen I cannot be President.

I have been told this from as far back as I remember. I even asked teachers in school when I was younger.

So its not whether he is a citizen its the fact that his father is not.

Dont believe me? Well you are blind and we have a usurper in the whitehouse.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Ekudram]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join