It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would YOU have done..with 24Trillion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So I have a question, but that is at the end. Here's a thought for now...

The bailout, the bailout... the black hole.. how much is it now? Oh about 24 trillion. Twenty-four TRILLION dollars. That is a lot of.. well it's a lot of something. And... It's gone. Poof.

And what could we have done with $24,000,000,000,000.00 do you think?

Adjusted for inflation, US credit card debt doubled between 1989 and 2004, while total mortgage debt in the US rose from $4.8 trillion in 2000 to $10.5 trillion in 2007.

[source: www.wsws.org...]

It would appear that the $10.5 trillion mortgage debt that they said started this could have been paid off in full.

Student loans total somewhere around 260 billion. Well, with what is left over I think we could have covered that many times over. So if I am off a little on the amount, throw in an extra 100 billion for good measure.

Well there is still money left over so why don't we take care of everyone's credit card debt. That is somewhere in the area of $612 billion. Only $612 billion. Well, no problem; it's covered. There.

Now there is still at least $12.5 trillion left. What to do what to do... maybe we could have paid off some other things as well.. Auto loans? Or maybe we could have helped someone... we could have helped an awful lot of kittens.

Maybe we could have rebuilt the schools and given a raise to teachers... maybe we could have but no.. not in this paradigm. Not today.

Maybe we could have built base on the moon. I'm serious. Maybe we could have done SOMETHING.

What, on this blue-green earth did this hiest of $24 trillion accomplish other than to give the good life and a good laugh to a few people in special places?

But that was the smart thing to do right? Duh... Do you like shiney things? Take another sip of aspartame.. Quiet you. They know what to do with the money. You still owe of course. Where do you suppose it actually went?

To fund the ultimate black ops project? Hey maybe they got a secret?! Hrmm...

And so people will sit and stare into the abyss (Did'nt anyone ever tell them about staring into the abyss?)

Just curious, what would YOU have done with 24 Trillion? I think I'd would start my own space program. We could start a mars colony. Ciao 4 now... RDDS

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
48 million chyx at the same time?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this money never existed, except on paper. This is where the problem comes in.

If I buy some stock for $100, and then the stock goes up, my shares might then be worth $200. That's how much I'd get, if I sold them right now. It is common to say that I actually have this money, because I have the shares; but it's not true. Unless I've sold them, their value is only on paper. Tomorrow the shares may double, or they may drop. Then their worth will change. Even if I *do* sell them, it is important to note that nothing of value has been added to anything. I got my money out. Someone else is hoping to get his out. But nothing has been changed or improved. It all happens by magic.

Unfortunately, loans are based on such imaginary money. Those loans are considered assets - the assumption is that the lender will receive more money back than he loaned out. He can sell these loans to others, who are willing to take on the risk by buying the loans at a reduced cost. Or, a lender can use the loans he's made as collateral for loans he wants to take out. He says, in effect, "I don't have a lot of cash, but I've got all these guys who owe me money, and they're paying". So OK, it looks like income, a loan may be made. And so it goes.

It's a gigantic chain letter. Now the chain is broken, and we're finding out that the 24 trillion (or whatever it is) never existed in the first place. It was all imaginary money, and now pretend time is over. A few crooks made out like bandits, of course. The obscenely rich got richer as they generally do. The rest of us can just bend over.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
24 trillion...

That is a lot of sweets for me to pig out on and feed my blatent sugar addiction

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hookers and blow... lots and lots of hookers and blow.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That's about $79,000 for every man, woman and child in America if my math is correct.
Shoulda just gave it to them and let them spend it as they wished.
Would have made a lot of people happy - not to mention the businesses where all that money was spent.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I would have started a program of sending small bots into space to mine asteroids by tugging them them back to a factory in Earth orbit for processing. Some would bring nickle iron, others exotic metals, others would simply scout, and yet other would bring back fuels, like hydrogen.

The factory would make more bots, I would employ people on Earth by giving them a percentage of the profit from their efforts. Making them wealthy. The factory would make more bots and other materials to be dropped down to earth in glider versions of the shuttle.

The factory would make the space elevator from materials gathered in space, then when the whole thing was in full production and new exotic materials were flowing to earth and everyone on the planet was employed. I would begin the construction of living habitations in space and the colonization of space. By tapping the unlimited wealth which exists out there. All shoestringed with a few thousand simple space bots.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

wow...

You actually understand the only viable solution for the issue of wealth limitation and resource abundance that is possible...

seriously...

Asteroid mining is the absolute only answer aside from a complete economic colapse and a complete move away from the concept of money all together...

and would have been comfortably possible in and around the price of the Iraqi war...

Problem with our elected officials is they are trapped 30 years behind thier time, living in the age they grew up in rather than now or God forbid a bit into the future...

we just lived through the 60's politicians (or in progress)

The hippy Clinton and save the trees Gore

Bush the Jerk frat boy

and now Obama the Civil rights activist

It's going to take a good 30 years for anyone who grew up NOW and has the solutions you speak of to actually get into office ...

we are in for a rough time...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by mopusvindictus]

MMP

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I would spend the rest of my life investing in the research and development of new, exciting and beneficial technologies. Especially those relating to space travel. I would also try to find patents being suppressed so that I could buy and release them to the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MMP

LOl it's funny that allot of us know exactly what needs to be done...

Even Obama has said recently that Innovation was basically our only hope...

This only ends with a whole new road, a genuine source of original discovered wealth...

Too bad the idiots of the last 8 years thought Iraq and a nice pipeline would be worth 24 Trillion plus a profit lol...

Perhaps the camel spiders hold the cure for Cancer?

lol, what a bunch of knuckle heads they turned out to be...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
First and foremost, I would not need 24 trillion to do what I know will fix key issues.

We can meet basic human needs at home and abroad by reducing obsolete cold war weapons and investing 15% of the Pentagon budget by:

Providing Head Start for all elgible US kids $ 2 billion/yr
Provide healthcare for all uninsured US kids $13 billion/yr
Rebuild Americas schools over next ten yrs $12 billion/yr
Achieve energy independance w/clean energy $ 8 billion/yr
feed all of the worlds starving children $25 billion/yr

We are at 60 billion, see what I'm getting at. this budget is represented by 2004 figures.

So accourding to the 2004 figure, if we reduced the spedning on obsolete cold war junk by 15% or $60 billion. We could accomplish the above goals. What about the rest of the money, you ask.

Well considering the then figures show the DoD had a budget of $401 billion, childrens health was $41 billion, K-12 education as $34 billion, humanitarian foreign aid as $10 billion, head start with $7 billion and reduction of reliance on oil was 2$ billion.

I say some thing is vastly mismanaged here.....

Source of information compiled by TrueMajority.Org

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You are quite right, my plan for expansion into space would do away with money and economics all together. The new wealth would be ideas and the competence to carry them out. With unlimited wealth for all support would go to those who bring interest and benefit to living.

The new economy would be respect.

MMP

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

It is kind of funny if you think about it, but it's sad that most politicians, bankers, corporations etc are after the world plus 5%.

reply to post by ADVISOR

That's wild you could fund all those programs by cutting only 15% of spending. It makes me wonder what all could be funded by cutting spending by 25%. Even if US cut defense spending by 15 to 25%, I bet our defense budget would still be more than any other nation in the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes it would, and we could.

So why hasn't it happened....

This is one of those shameful things that will blight our nations or decades to come. Sure we could have fed all the starving children in the world, and actually improved our domestic educational system.

But fuc k it right, we have the worlds strongest and most financed military by almost 40 times....

[edit on 3-8-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I will tell you EXACTLY what should have been done.

PLAN B and National Oil Algae Farms in the desert.

Total reset of the economy and complete energy independence.

My plan WAS for single mortgage holders to borrow mortgage money from the Fed directly at 0.5 % which fraction of what we are currently being charged by the banks.

By taking the 0.5% Mortgage "Recapitalization" from the Fed directly, we pay off our mortgages in full to the banks and the banks would be rolling in the capital of millions of "paid in full" mortgages and cannot complain about mortgage write-offs and defaults (if you haven't looked, go to a mortgage calculator and put in 6% or whatever your mortgage rate is... now try it with 0.5%).

At 0.5 % our monthly mortgage payments are half or less of what they were. (STIMULUS PACKAGE DONE) and a fraction of what we blew. "win/win"

Now, The banks get these Mortgage pay offs from millions of mortgages and have all the money they claim they need to alleviate their shortage.

This is not a refinance and does not require surveys and assessments, this is strictly a "mortgage recapitalization" with a hard $300.00 "origination fee".

$50 goes to a bank or financing agency who is providing the paperwork / processing.
$75 goes to you city / municipality
$75 goes to State
$50 goes to Federal

Now - Throw in REGULATION to prevent this from happening again and going forward, the banks can pick up mortgage origination again.

Win / Win / Win .... this isn't "trickle up, it is stream up"

Economic Reset done for less...

Then Algae oil farms (10,000 - 100,000 gallons an acre per year)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Solutions for less!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's amazing. Everyone has pretty good ideas. Everyone except for the people that make the decisions that is. Now does anyone really think that these fools in high places don't know what they are doing?

Oh wait I forgot. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. They know how to lie right to everyone's face. I am amazed they can do this with a straight face. They are literally screwing up the world bit by bit. Sure some folks don't feel it yet, but don't worry... they will. I know folks in the EU that also are getting fallout if you will from the domino effect emminating from the rape of America.

What do you think IS the real story? Bluntly speaking.. Is it that they ARE doing the great work of their master? Is it just a bunch of old guys from a fraternity stealing the money of the people? Just simple materialistic greed? Maybe its being funnelled off to secret projects for the elite. Maybe THEY ARE building a moon or Mars colony and they just are not telling us.

I mean do you really think they are doing their diligence in attempting to rectify the situation? The situation that would appear they created? Oh yes. that's right.. now WHY would they create a situation like this?

And when does it end? Is it too late already and soon the bank will take all that you own, and then the big banks will take the little banks and the federal reserve will take the big banks and of course the fed is owned by foreign banks and a few families. And we are going to let this happen because WE cannot get organized.

We cannot seem to stand as one and yell loud enough. Or maybe we now need to do more than simply yell.

But if all the big debts were paid off, and everyone owned their own home and car and had good schooling... the quality of life and living would go up. I think it would reduce a stress level for a lot of folks. And if the people were happy and living well.. that would be contradictory to the real agenda of these truly evil, insane, inbred group of cabals that have taken over.

I don't see things getting any better. I think it would take a WORLD WIDE revolutionary revolt against the ENTIRE establishment. And THAT will not be happening any time soon.

Well, maybe the states should break apart from Washington DC. Maybe the Federal Reserve should just be told to f**k off and no one pay anything. No one pay any federal tax. For it simply goes to the federal reserve. Washington DC controls the entire nation? Like a single Nazi soldier controlling 1000 prisoners. What if the states would rush em? If they just got together and invaded Washington DC? Hrmmm

Just thoughts. Ciao 4 now... RDDS

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
24 trillion?

Let me see, I'd invest in a European space agency, and research and develop a new technology that would allow me to move off world and live on another nearby planet , preferrably Mars , not to far from the family, I'd lord it up and laugh as Nasa tries to cover up my signal as I show to the world theres more to life than chasing the next dollar.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would return it saying,

"I'm sorry but I can't afford the interest rate on this loan."

If no interest and allotted any amount of time to pay it back I would buy the Federal reserve then just burn it to the ground and have green backs re-issued.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Spun it like they did wit the space money on south park LOL

[edit on 8/4/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would buy a 10 million dollar car.

Farva: I'd buy a ten million dollar car.
Thorny: That's a good investment but I'd still pull you over.
Farva: Bull #. You couldn't pull me over, and even if you did I'd activate my car's wings and I'd fly away.

The rest I would buy the United states with and run it as a dictatorship and call it The United States of Kiss My A@@ Everyone Else or USKMAEE for short.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join