It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I remove a quote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I quoted someone in a thread and their post was removed for T&C violations which got me thinking.

If I quote someone and their post is removed for whatever reason, should I go back and remove quoted material from them, or even erase my whole post, or is it okay to leave my post as is?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I would only remove the quote it if it were extreme cases of Terms & Conditions violations. / or / Contained vulgarity.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

It never hurts to remove the quoted material that was removed. If we catch it, the staff will generally try to remove the offensive quote found in other posts. So if you do it yourself, that's just fine but it isn't necessary.

And it depends on whether or not you want to remove your own. For instance, if their post was removed as an extreme T&C violation and you responded to them in a civil T&C-abiding manner, there is no reason for you to delete your entire post. On the other hand, if their post was labeled off topic and you responded, your post could technically be labeled off topic as well since you engaged in an off topic discussion.

It really just depends.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What if you let the moderator know who deleted the post and he tells you to hit the complaint button and doesn't seem to care that a post he had deemed deletable was quoted several times?

top topics

join