It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ear pressure/frequency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hi there guys. I've never posted in this forum, but I have a medical question. Say the TV is on, but muted. I am able to "hear" the freqeuncy of electrical appliances like TVs, computer monitors, etc. Also, when someone moves infront of them, or if the door to my room opens, the sound chages. How is this possible? How can I hear the "buzzing" sound of these objects? Would any doctors care to explain?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
All I know is that the majority of humans can hear this. Some of my friends don't notice when electronics are on, but the sound always drives me nuts when they don't turn them off. As for when someone walks in front, keep in mind that sound is nothing but vibration of the air molecules. If someone is in front, than the vibrations hit that object and the sound that you hear is affected.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ah. Very nice explanation. Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador
All I know is that the majority of humans can hear this. Some of my friends don't notice when electronics are on, but the sound always drives me nuts when they don't turn them off. As for when someone walks in front, keep in mind that sound is nothing but vibration of the air molecules. If someone is in front, than the vibrations hit that object and the sound that you hear is affected.

I, too, am one of the cursed. It can be so annoying. My husband doesn't hear this kind of sound, so when I run around turning off inactive computer monitors and Playstations, he looks at me like I'm a loony.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No one in my family can tell if something like that is on except me. I was trying to sleep and my brother's friend was watching a dirty movie downstairs, muted, so I call down, "Turn the damn TV off!". He still hasn't figured out how I knew. He didn't understand my explanation either.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
lol yet another reposted thing....

I hear this stuff too, it sounds like a high pitched "eeeeee"

But for some reason i cant hear my "my" tv i can hear everyotherone i geuss my mind blocks it out or somthen

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah i hear it to i'll be walkin down the hall at school and before i walk in my class room I can tell if we're watchin a movie because of it and I can hear all the tv's in my house

[Edited on 5/21/2004 by Maveric]

XL5

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The reason it makes this noise: The monitor/tv has a CRT tube which has to propell electrons to the front of the screen, it does this with high voltages of about 15-50KV DC. The transformer that makes this high voltage is called a flyback and is powered by a transistor that chops the DC voltage at 19-21KHz. 19-20KHz is about the frequency ppl begin to not be able to hear it anymore, 21KHz and up is not noticeable.

People with smaller ear drums and undamaged inner ear organs can hear the whine of older TVs and monitors, the newer stuff is higher frequency and is alot less noticeable.

Its not a super power or a tumour lol.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
when I meditate, the pressure in my ears change. When I focus same thing .

This only began when I started meditating It only happens when I focus.

Weird right?

top topics

join