It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being visited by Aliens from the cosmos? What Are Your Thoughts On This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That depends on who you ask. The US government took the possibility seriously enough for 22 years with Project Blue Book (1947 - 1969). In 1969, however, they concluded that there was no evidence of a national security threat, no evidence of a higher technological power, and no evidence that it's unresolved cases were of extraterrestrial origin - and they shut the project down for good.

Critics of Project Blue Book say that the purpose of the project was actually to find some plausible explanation to fit all sightings, that the detective work was haphazard at best, and that given this scenario, the 20% or so of the caseload left unresolved must have been real doozies, because no explanation was ever offered for them.

So the government does not consider unexplained phenomena such as UFO's to be a threat to national security, but does that mean that we are not being visited by other civilizations? Well, let's look at it a little more closely.

In the first place, it seems somewhat egotistical to imagine that we are the only thinking, manufacturing, productive entities in this vast universe. In all probability, there are indeed other civilizations out there somewhere, some of whom likely are capable of paying us a visit if they are so inclined.

Then, there are stories that have slowly come to light about pilots and astronauts who have encountered strange entities. These are witnesses as credible as it gets, and some fascinating stories have come out about their experiences. Maurice Chatelain, former chief of NASA communications, relates that every Apollo and Gemini flight was monitored by vehicles of unknown origin, and that huge ships, also of unknown origin, were waiting on the moon watching as the astronauts did their work.

Curiously, despite hundreds and even thousands of reports of sightings and abductions, no military power has ever had a single exchange of fire with these mysterious ships, even on the rare occasions when we have fired at them first. Are they so evolved that they don't do war anymore? Hopefully so, because that means we have hope here. But it could also be that they have no need to exchange fire with us because our weapons are useless against them anyway.
www.mysticalblaze.com...

[edit on 2-8-2009 by joe82]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
While I believe that aliens exist, and some advanced can even have FTL, giving them the ability to visit us, and can conceive that they my be watching us, I still can not understand why they do so in a manner that allows them to be see so often.
I mean if it is just to study us, then it would be better to remain undetected, and if they want us to know that they are there, then why not make contact?
Unless, after thousands of years watching from the wings so to speak, they are now testing us, to see if, psychologically, we are ready for First Contact.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by joe82

Weird things happens, and sure there is alot of UFO's, and until further evidence it's what they are, UFO's. But sure, it's seems more possible to me that we are not alone than the thought that we are completely alone in the universe..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Let me make this clear I'm not saying we are the only life out here in the vastness of space. I don't see these beings really wanting contact with us. I would think they would set up a boarder so to speak and say don't cross this those beings are dangerous animals that would kill you on first contact. Lets just observe them from afar in a few million more years they may become civilized if they don't kill themselves off first.

I wouldn't say we haven't been visited at the very beginning of human existance on this planet though.

I think that is what we see in our skies today. Those that came here long ago and ended up being the gods of all cultures. Then the days of gods came to a close so they went back into hiding waiting for the time to be ripe to come out and seem like our saviours.

Does the government know about these beings. Why of course they know about some of them they work for them. They probably also know there's a renegade group also that opposes the views of the ones they work for.

Ever wonder why the military doesn't scramble planes when hundreds of people in a city at the same time see these things in the sky? They know they are there they know who and what they are. Yet say a sighting now days is seen by just a couple of people. Right after it vanishes 4 military jets show up searching for something. Your searching for something that in their opinion shouldn't be there.

Perhaps this group even has the ability to time travel. If they did I believe they'd travel not to the past but to the future where they could shape the future without having to be cautious. Kill the right people who you know won't hop into bed with you or stay in bed with you to make sure those that will come to power. That way when you decide its time to show yourself and call yourself the aliens that came to save mankind you've set the stage just how you want it.

I really have to wonder where will the nordics originate from at that time. They've changed their home world about 3 times I believe now since they first made contact with people. The farther we go into space the farther out of that neighborhood they go.

new topics

top topics

join