It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SHTF Turning Point Quietly Happened, Last Week – Have you been Paying Attention?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The precious metals industry is in dire straights also. They cannot produce enough for the demand. Trying to find product to buy and have 'in hand' is becoming difficult. Those that are buying the certificates for any precious metals are being scammed. The supply just isn't there. many countries are simply shutting down their mines. Nickel, Silver and Gold mines there are being over run by protesters of mining operations in South America!

Russia is worried about one world currency causing declines in price

Precious metals vs. one world currency

Fact is Monex and several other brokers can't find physical gold to sell, Neither coin or bar. Some are blaming the FED for this problem because of the proxy buys during the first part of last year might have been brokered by them. Things sure ain;t looking good!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Okay first of all, although the T-Bill auctions are going into the toilet; you need to consider WHY they are going there in the first place.
It isn’t just that the world is harping of no longer wanting to use the almighty dollar as a reserve currency because we are in “banking/debt trouble”everyone has that right now. That is happening all over the world not just in the USA, ANY country that boast’s a central bank system is getting blackmailed into doing what they are told. THIS my friends includes CHINA among MANY others.

The central bankers monopoly has pretty much stretched out all over the world and at any time they want to consolidate the markets or change where they have their holdings, they do it. They create a crisis in the monetary system of all the countries they reside in. It is in a VERY calculated manner. Don’t delude yourselves they know what they are doing. What they didn’t count on this time much like in the 1930's was people fighting back so hard.
So what do they do? make it come down even harder! You are seriously wondering why these bankers are getting bonuses after all this time? They are doing what they are told and being paid dearly to do it. Pitty someone hasn’t been reading very closely if you didn’t see that one from the get go.
Secondly, We have only seen the tip of this iceberg that is starting to melt and melt fast. Global warming is nothing compared to how fast this is going to start to snowball down the lanes of the economy. You must also consider the reasons behind WHY the auctions and much else that has to do with the central banks is going down hill. One of the major ones that has already “started to burst” is the commercial real estate bubble. Trust me you think this is bad just wait till that baby POPS!

Think of it this way:
So you have all of these multi- million dollar real estate companies that handle the land and the buildings that sit on them. The store owners pay rent to the companies that run said shopping center. (Companies who also have loans on the land and buildings to pay off.)

Well with all the “pull back” in the credit markets.,which said store owners use to bring in inventory to sell, then pay back the credit extended, when the season is over and merchandise sold. They are hard pressed to make the payments just like the rest of us.

Folk’s lately there hasn’t been enough sales for MOST of these store owners to stay afloat by using their own capital, let alone the small amount of “credit” they are now “allowed to use”.
Now Factor in the pull back in the credit markets EVERYONE is being forced to accept and well guess what is coming? The second phase of TSHTF!

Now that most of these store owners are having a hard go at staying afloat, they too like many of the millions of unemployed are having a hard time paying their rent, credit card bills you name it. Which then cascades to the commercial real estate companies not being able to pay their loans. Guess who holds those loans and can call the markers on them allowing them to take possession of them? You got it the bankers! You think housing foreclosures are bad you have not seen anything yet my dears!

Third, If you are said bankers and attempting to yet again consolidate the markets and economy so you have a greater control of it; are you going to leave said shopping centers open? Shopping centers full of “independently owned operations”? HECK NO! You are going to bleed them dry and get them out of business so that “your cherry picked companies” can come in and take over. Walmart anyone? Perhaps Target? Safeway? Albertsons? They have many to choose from and take under their wings. All the while the cherry picked pay the banks a hefty kick back. Get the idea of it now?

This isn’t just about the T-Bill market or even the strength of the dollar. This is about crashing what THEY don’t control period. In the end WE are ALL going to pay and pay dearly for it as we have done so many times in the past.
Those crappy auctions and the problems with the dollar are a signal to those in the know to start a slow and methodical pull out. BUT if at any time any one country tries to stand up and “stop” them from ruining them; they will crash it and crash it hard. Look what just happened to that one certain “Asian stock market” the other day...stock market loss of 6.86% in one session! Guess who stepped out of line, not hard to see.

THEY OWN the money system, they SAY who gets it and who doesn’t, they DECIDE who survives and who fails. It ISN”T the government that decides anymore, the bankers have taken over and well if you don’t do what you are told you are going to fail no matter how hard you try.

The one and only way to escape the cyclical nature of this repetitive cycle is to figure out how to be self sustaining. A self sustaining nation isn’t one that can so easily be manipulated and pushed to the brink of ruin at the whim of some bankers! A self sustaining nation anywhere on the earth is what they DON’T want to happen. Other countries may see it and get the idea to try it too. Effectively throwing a huge wrench in their plans. So it is drop them hard and drop them faster because they are figuring out how to do so.( Remember that Asian market? The one going around any buying up all the reserves they can? The one buying up what ever companies they think will survive? BINGO you got it! “Good job kudos”)
The doo-doo really hit the fan several years ago when they started with the over extension of credit to everyone they could con into taking it. Now is the time when they pull it back effectively regaining control of what they feared they where losing control of.

It is ALL about CONTROL, it ALWAYS has been. Since the first bank was created till now; when the central banks are the ones in control of who survives and who fails. Don’t just watch what the government is doing. Don’t just watch what the stock markets are doing. Look around YOU in your TOWNS or the ones around you and watch for who is being forced out of business. You may just get a somewhat rude awakening. But it is one that is much needed right now.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
CNBC has an article about the bond sale last week

link:
www.cnbc.com...

The U.S. Treasury sold $39 billion in five-year debt Wednesday in an auction that drew poor demand, raising worries over the cost of financing the government's burgeoning budget deficit.

It was the second lackluster showing in as many days, convincing analysts that the stellar results of debt auctions just a few weeks ago were a fluke and that Thursday's $28 billion seven-year offering could suffer a similar fate.

This followed a poor two-year auction on Tuesday. In a further sign of a weak sale, yields at the auction were well above expectations, known as a "tail."

A key proxy for foreign interest, the indirect bidder category, was slightly above the average of auctions over the past year at 36.6 percent but far below the most recent sale.

At least they were honest about the sale. - this was written on the 29th.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was going to do a thread about this - but someone else can take the ball and run with it. But news out this morning:

Looks like a county Goverment is shutting down - due to them running out of money. Birmingham - Alabama is laying off 1/3 of the government workforce and shutting down government offices.

link to article:

apnews.myway.com...

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - As a government shutdown loomed, residents of Alabama's most populous county lined up Friday to renew their car registrations and settle their tax bills.

By Monday, at least a quarter of the county's 3,600 employees will be on unpaid leave and many county offices will be closed or cutting back hours.

The county, with 640,000 residents, has been on the brink of filing the nation's largest municipal bankruptcy for the past year due to a sewer bond fiasco that remains unresolved. Then things got worse: A judge ruled the county's occupational tax is illegal and courts refused to let the county spend the revenue from it while officials appeal.

Long lines formed at the Jefferson County courthouse and satellite offices Friday. Some anticipated the long waits and brought lawn chairs.

"This is disgraceful and it's only going to get worse," said retired attorney Robert Eubank, who got in line at 7:30 a.m. and waited more than two hours to renew a car tag.

At least 900 county workers will be furloughed beginning Monday, a number that could grow if the situation isn;t resolved.

The news isn't all bad: Two of the county's largest agencies - the sheriff's office and Cooper Green Mercy Hospital, each with more than 700 employees - will be spared. A judge blocked cuts to the sheriff's staff, and the nonprofit hospital has a separate source of funding.

Imagine what is going to happen there, with so many unemployed all at one time. Everyone used to think, if you worked for the government - then you had a secure job.

But satellite courthouses, where residents can buy tags and licenses and pay taxes without having to go to the downtown site, are closing, and offices at the main courthouse downtown are trimming hours. A note taped on the door of the county tax collector's office said it was reducing hours and not opening until 10 a.m.

About 60 county workers and supporters staged a protest Thursday on the steps of the downtown courthouse, and one county employee was arrested for allegedly sending e-mails threatened to bomb the building.

Jefferson County legislators, who could not agree on a new tax during the regular session earlier this year, met Tuesday to try to reach a consensus. The old tax provided some $75 million annually, about one-third of the county's budget. A judge, however, ruled that the tax was repealed by a law passed in 1999.

Gov. Bob Riley, who refused to issue an emergency declaration sought by County Commission President Bettye Fine Collins, has promised to call a special session in August if the county's legislators can agree on a bill.

The budget crisis struck while county officials were wrestling with the prospect of filing what would be the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history over some $3.9 billion in sewer bonds it can no longer afford to repay.

Lenders have granted extensions as payments come due and a federal court is reviewing sewer system operations. But just like with the tax problems, commissioners can't agree on a course of action.

Collins was attending a Republican National Committee meeting in San Diego and won't be back until next week, when two of her three aides are going on unpaid leave.

"It will just be me after today," said Donna Deloach, her assistant.

It is all about Bonds - does that tell you something? When bonds can't be paid or they aren't sold - that mean bankrupcy!

So, then does the same thing end up happening in a bigger fashion then what is happening in Birmingham, due to their bonds?

Another question how many more municipalities will be following soon in Birmingham's foot steps?

I personally believe - now that last week's bond auction was such a failure and the buyers are hidden (U.S. buying own debt) - that events will start coming faster in many areas. The truth will only be hidden for so long - before the MSM will be FORCED to discuss the important news that is happening around the world and in the U.S.!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
im a little tired, and maybe that doesnt matter, but i am having a hard time understanding the doom here... what happened?

[edit on 3-8-2009 by AKARonco]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

Actually it is quite simple - looks like others have lost confidence in the U.S. dollar - U.S. has sold it's debt easily in the past - but not anymore.

No one to buy our debt - means eventual bankrupcy and failure - hyperinflation.

In other words all those SHTF situations that have been discussed for months now - may be coming to fruiation in the not too distant future.

People holding on to dollars will be screwed.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I read this thread with fascination late lastnight...and what a bedtime story in goold old ATS fashion!

I'm not as big-finance savvy as yourself, but something you mentioned about the various T-bill sales and possibility of a fed-front buying up a large share to stimulate the auctions tripped a lighbulb in my imagination.

Perhaps thats what happened with the 7-year bonds...any earlier maturity-date bills bought by fed-front organisations would run the risk of blowing up if the financial mess hadn't been resolved by the time that they were due, but 7-year bills would be a safer bet as they are short-term enough, but allow a decent enough timeframe to cover the purchases once the economic machine gears-up on the other side of the current reccessive trend

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Ya know, the biggest investment in this nation is the large percentage of Senior citizens and their retirement accounts. They are invested in these muni's and the stock market. I have been wondering if this very large group of investors is the target. They get their savings stolen and they will expire before any action could take place in court. The FED makes out without paying anything back for these investments!
Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the informative thread Q. I really enjoyed reading through the entire thread. IMO this is VERY bad news. I just started buying silver 2 weeks ago, I'm just hoping I made the right decision. I know paper money isn't going to be worth squat soon, obviously. S&F. Nice job

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well of course what you described is bad in itself but the worst part of all of this is what you already uncovered and that is the behind the scene market manipulation by shorting metals and buying of T bills by the Fed and it's proxies. So rather going into a gradual downward slide they are propping the markets up even further and as soon as they pull the plug on this we have a long ways to drop very fast. With this type of manipulation you could easily have a literal overnight crash of epic proportions.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Here in my neck of the woods GA, our local government is getting a rude awakening from the people!!!!!! they are doing what they call a clean sweep, people are taking to the street corners with brooms and posters demanding the now local government to clean house and allow new people to be elected.

So far my county and the surrounding ones has been taken over by interest groups that are doing nothing for the city but rather fattening their pockets.

If this is happening in the my neck of the woods I can only imagine what may be happening in other small towns and cities around.

The problem is that even with all the economic crisis the local government wants to keep raising local taxes but they refuse to reduce the size of the administrations.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is certainly good news. The number of newly politically active citizens is a good sign. Ten of millions of waking up very quickly to the fact they are being screwed by every level of Government and it is indeed time to clean house.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the info....We all know something big is coming....The million dollar question is WHEN?? Throughout the internet...Everyone has an opinion...'It' will happen anywhere from mid-August 2009 to 2012...

I sure we could narrow it down to 'days', 'weeks' or 'years'...What/when do you think will be 'IT' so we'll all know that, this is 'D' day??? Or will it be the frog in the boiling water senerio??? Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I know !!!! I am so happy with this demonstration and the people are from all kind of backgrounds not just selected groups. Old, young and different ethnic background.

My county that is nothing but a small county is having the tea parties !!!!!!! also so far since the year started is been two of them and I mean our town is nothing but rag tag one, the next county is the bigger county and they also are having the tea parties.

So they have not died down is just that the media is not covering them, they are having another one in the fall.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think that they know people don't understand and are mislead about so much in the US that they are able to put things out and or not mention things and will be believed. The reason for Primary Buyers in Treasuries (Pimco, etc.), is that we will always have a treasury sale that doesn't fail. They know that if they didn't have those people or organizations coming in, then we would have a failure in the auction and that would translate to now what? Majority of Americans don't know what is going on with their own govt. and economy. The reason why the dollar is falling is that the rest of the world knows what is going on with the US. We are buying our own debt via overseas front companies and/or swap lines. Isn't no wonder that it's almost impossible to find out who is buying our debt outside of the US.

Ask yourself, why is it that they are jumping up and down in praise about he cash for clunkers deal that did so well (1 billion dollars). It's because any good news they want to capitalize on, on top of the daily manipulation of the stock market. I believe they are trying to also keep the market up in order to give the appearance of a good economy that people want to buy in. Some wonder what can we do or give ideas to help with the economy, I have the answer. The answer is take our fiscal medicine. There are somethings you can't just fix by just snapping your fingers or manipulations. Just like a bullet that goes out of a gun and kills somebody, you can't get them to come back alive. You have to accept the consequences of your or our actions. And what is happening is that our leaders in govt. and the economy is doing everything they can to keep the facade up.

Because they know that in a nutshell they have screwed or allowed for many americans to get screwed up in the head. I have a friend who lives in Spain and he told me once that alot of you americans are crazy. I told him he was wrong and such and after a while I looked around and did my own analysis of the situation and he was right. We are told we are the chosen or number one, we have the right to do whatever irregardless of other peoples feelings. I like to call it the crazy family member syndrome. You have a family member that has problems (race, women, religion etc.), and instead of you telling them they have problems (you may not see it as a problem) you allow them to fester in their issues and join groups and such that forward their beliefs. And to add on top of that they believe that they are an island of one and they should only be concerned about themselves, their group and their family but nobody else. The problem with this thinking as some people in power know, is that when your dollar is the new peso and you have hyperinflation and you can't get your pensions (state and federal) and your federal benefits because the US is broke, people will go insane.

They will lose it big time because reality has set in and the delusional world that the leaders have allowed to be set up for american citizens has melted away to show them what really has been going on. Americans will finally see what it's like to live in the third world (parts of the US is already a third world). We have spent so much time playing "Tribe" in this country that we didn't see the forest because of the tree. And that is the powerful stole from this country and used our hatred and intolerance against us so that people would vote against their best interest as long as the thought it wouldn't benefit "those" people. Guess what, many of us are going to find out that almost all of us will be those people in the future. We could have retooled for the future and had a presence on the moon, mars and the solar system, but wanted to spend the time infighting.

Well, this is the price you pay for not keeping your eye on the ball, this is the price you pay. A fall from grace and being humbled.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by smilinggrandma

Well look at when the money has to be raised - Sept 30 09 - also look at what the embassies were told about the end of Sept.

Now put two and two together - NO it will not take until 2012 - it will take 2 months - it will not be able to be hidden when the 10/30 year bonds auction off this month - and they are failure. Except the Treasury will probably all ready have people in line to purchase them - from printing of money.

But if buyers were scarce for the 2 and 5 year bonds - Do you Really think they will jump at the 10 and 30 year bonds?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
All this will translate to one solution that the government will have to take, remember Democrats are good at raising taxes. That is what is coming our way, a indisputable health care bill and an excuse to raise taxes so the government can scrounge money from the tax payer.

With the unemployment figures and no light at the end of the tunnel on when the unemployment will peak all those that still have jobs will be gouged.

And at the same time local states are doing the same.

Sad.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Taikonaut

I have to tell you - I am NOT Finance savy - I just PAY ATTENTION and learn about what is most Important to all of us and the faith of the U.S and global economy.

But, I am not a finance person - just a person who researches and tries to find the truth of what is happening, under all the B.S. being said!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I think this financial crisis is making a lot of people that never care about the economic, the markets and the government business more savvy and knowledgeable.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

oh, ok, i thought you were saying they bought up this debt at a very small pricce, causing a devaluation of the dollar...so noone is even willing to do that....thanks for clarifying for me. I bought a years worth of food storage last month for my family, so maybe I will need it after all. Lets all hope not, but bad things are happening. scary times indeed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join