It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity another stepping stone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Let me start out by saying that I was not sure where to post this idea, i've been mulling it over, its my first thread, and I hope to get some useful feedback.

So about 4 months ago i came across the 2012 prophecy by the mayans and started to seriously look into it, which lead me to different views on spirituality, religion, the occult, those in political power, and the suggestion that aliens intervened in our evolution. Now looking into all these things i've noticed that one of the big things people use to discredit christianity is the fact that it includes a lot of symbols, tradition, etc from previously existing beliefs. (especially Jesus)

Almost all other religions can acknowledge some of the truths within christianity but christianity does not acknowledge any of theirs. I think it may be possible that christianity was just the next evolutionary step for us as far as our need for a religious rule and to live peacefully. Now of course men corrupted it but looking at it objectively, many of the suggestions in the Bible would lead to a more peaceful society...I think thats the way we should look at them, not that you will go to hell if you dont follow everything to a T.

We all know there are books not included in the bible, so we dont know how full of knowledge it really was. But the beginning of revelations validates the mayan prophecy (the nonexistence of time) and the book of enoch corroborated the role of aliens in our history. The list goes on....but it seems to boil down to this....do you accept Jesus as your human sacrifice...I dont know how I feel about that.....

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Read the bible, your understanding does not sound like it has come from reading it.

Keep going and the reason I say no more is because that would be me influencing you too much.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy

[edit on 2-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Not saying I could not use more reading but thats not the point of the post, I was just wondering if anyone thought that Christianity as a religious order is just another stepping stone so something better? I read what interests me in the bible but as for the symbolism....its undeniable

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

But where have you heard of the interpretations of the symbols?

I am not saying that some parts of certain things are all good, clearly that is not the case.

I am simply saying if you read the bible and take time to understand it. You will see what is going on.

I take it you are referring to things such as the Egyptian god Horus?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Not just that, I know the story of Babylon and how basically everything not Christianity came out of it but basically yes, things like that. The cross, human sacrifice, virgin birth, the basics

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

First of all think about where you heard this.

Secondly read the bible.

In my own opinion if you read a lot about the anti-christ sections among others it contains relevant things that should answer your questions if you look at them without letting outside influences make your mind up.

Ultimately the choice is yours and nobody can take that away from you unless you let them and they will happily make it for you if you do.

Think about motives if I could offer one piece of advice when it comes to other people banging their drums or indeed myself.

I really do not want to influence you too much as I believe in encouraging people too look for themselves. I did even although I was not really aware of it and it worked for me, thats my reason for this.

The written words really do offer the answers if you read them.

I am a christian myself of course, as for reading the Qur'an I dont see what is wrong with using the brain that everyone is given to seek answers but people will only ever tell you their story if you get me.

Many people will tell you they have read the bible but very few actually have read it.

I really believe that the truth will find you, not the other way around after everything I have experienced in life so far but trying to find it does no harm of course

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The ringing cedars books explained alot about christianity for me it just made sense.

new topics

top topics

join