It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most recent great news about 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
reply to post by newworld

First, as I just explained to another ..... I have never claimed that 12/21/12 is THEE date of any kind of doom. I have only claimed that date as the astronomical fact which indeed will happen. Please don't lump my words of differnet contexts into one bucket.

Second, I take it you have not read much into many proheices or ancient writings, outside of conspiracy sites. The texts I have been looking at are about the end of this humanities cycle, wherein yes, humans have always fought - in that you are correct. To take all the writings from all the cultures and put them together, one can easily see the credence they each lend to one another. I lay to claim to no one prophecy or another, I take in everything.

For christ sakes, I was agreeing with you that the hype of doom is overstated, but you are for some reason seeing me as one laying claim to the hype.

Sorry for inferring that you believed that 12/21/12 was going to be THE date that you believed something big was going to happen. The post you made where you clarified that issue was not in the thread when i was forming my post. you know how it is, you are forming a post and the conversation has grown somewhat larger by the time you hit the reply button. Sometimes someone else clarifies an issue or says what i was planning to say and by the time I hit reply it is already too late.
Sorry for lumping you with the rest of the 12/21/12 believers. you should have clarified this from the start to avoid misunderstandings

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

My major malfunction? That i attract **** like you maybe? I don't care about you, why would i want to flame you? I don't even want to read you anymore, you are not here to discover any truth but coz you are a social misfit*?

Here is a pic of 12/21/12 so called alignment:
[img=http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3025/orbitu.th.jpg]

You can check yourself: orbit

[edit on 3-8-2009 by _damon]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

No worries, I think that this is new for a 2012 debate, it's getting a bit feisty.

IMHO if anyone else except SFM had written this it wouldn't have gone down so bad.

I think he peed a few people off with the whole 'Some of you are actually aliens' thing.

I dunno what will happen, no one does, I think it will be a big 'phew nothing' on221212 and we will all be relieved we dodged a bullet, this may be a big awakening for mankind.

But I personally don't believe in %99 of the rubbish out there. There's a lot of folk getting rich of 2012.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

The Karma on this planet has dissolved, and thus you can create things instantly. It is a great creation energy and it is accelerating now. Thus, be aware of what you do, say, how you act, how you think. You create this very moment.

That's odd. This morning after breakfast, I was thinking the same thing in almost exactly these words. Hmmm, wonder IF possibly I picked something up from the Super Consiouness?

If I may add something? I posted this somewhere on the web earlier today, a message that popped into and out of my head:

"THEY (part of our Future WE) are HERE!! It's unbelievable there are still so many ppl in denial. The countdown to the Harvest of Souls has begun years ago. Do you want to stay incarnating in the current Dimension of Earth? Then stay in denial. Those who Open their eyes and embrace the Fact that the Cosmos is FILLED with Life, will move on to the next Dimension. This century is one of Miracles, Mysteries and Wonders, don't let Fear block you to SEE."

Sorry to those who think I have a twisted mind, I probably have

PEACE!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

It looks like we all make a choice. Jedi or Sith Lord?
The choice is yours.
The Jedi do selfless acts and expect nothing in return.
The Sith look inward and think only of themselves.
I choose to be a Lightworker.
Who will join me?
May the force be with you.
I wish it was August 3, 2012.
We wouldn't have long too wait.
I was wondering. Who is your friend giving you this great information?

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
@ damon

Now I remember why I quit coming here a while back .......... people like you with the mindset of those at godlikeproductions - you don't want to discuss ideas or thoughts, you just want to inspire angst to those that see things outside your way of thinking. You are just like the OP of the God Billboard thread - think differently than you, and you get hostile.

Why did you read this, considering you don't want to read anything from me?

@ newworld

I hear ya, no problems. I guess I was subconsciously thinking that by NOT saying I believe in the 2012 doom as fact, readers would not assume I was.

@ kiwifoot

".... I dunno what will happen, no one does ...." That's my thoughts as well, no one REALLY knows a damn thing. People like myself might be sensing some big change happening, but if they are realistic about it, that's as far as it goes, to just be open to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
John Major Jenkins on 2012, it's worth the watch.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i would really like to see, just once, a person speak of 2012 without having the assumption that they are among the chosen elite be blown into our faces.

i whole-heartedly believe that some sort of dramatic change, perhaps even catastrophe, will ensue on this infamous date.

but i have never had the gall to assert myself as a teacher of wisdom for the change. i have never been dowsed in the self-righteousness of asserting myself to a platform from which i have some sort of right to hand out free passes through the apocalypse at my leisure.

i think the world is full of idiotic parasites. but this is my perspective. and i really believe that it's important (just for the sake of class) to remember that as much as i think they are wrong and feel completely justified in this feeling, they feel the exact same way.

who is anyone to belittle anyone else?

more than likely, if this were all happening as a result of some wide-spread conscious evolution in the making, the very people that put themselves on pedestals would be the first to be left behind.

"i'm right, you're wrong. here, i'm so caring that i'll teach you how to be like me."

isn't that just lovely?

we're so lucky to have a new christ amongst us to lead us into our new consciousness. because, of course, it's not a personal consciousness, but something you've stumbled upon and can lead us to if, of course, we follow very diligently.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

@ kiwifoot

".... I dunno what will happen, no one does ...." That's my thoughts as well, no one REALLY knows a damn thing. People like myself might be sensing some big change happening, but if they are realistic about it, that's as far as it goes, to just be open to it.

Yeah, I agree whole heartedly, I think it's also a shame that people get real angry at each other for believing certain things.

I may not agree with everyone's opinion, but that's life, that's what makes ATS special, kooky ideas and faith in God Knows What (bit of irony there!). When I see folk flaming and stuff, goodness, let people believe what they want, and just in case they're right, be a good person and be open, there may be a few spaces on the bus!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan_Orin
i would really like to see, just once, a person speak of 2012 without having the assumption that they are among the chosen elite be blown into our faces.

I'm your Huckleberry !!

As I've said in this thread, I am one of those that senses uncomprehesible changes within my lifetime, but I have NO CLUE what those changes are, nor my role in it. Is it about this supposed ascension? About simply ceasing to exist? Is it about Christ the Savior? Or is it even about friggen Neo and Morpheus? I just don't know - the best thing I can do is stay open-minded, and accept whatever changes they may be.

I am also one of those that believes in some fashion of reincarnation - I am also one that feels to a point of recalling memories of a past life. BUT - I am probably the first to say I was just Joe Shmcuk, one of the village farmers !!! I laugh at all the people that claim they were Joan of Arc, or King Artureus - I mean, just how many Joans and Arthurs were there? lolol

Originally posted by kiwifoot
and faith in God Knows What (bit of irony there!).

LMDAO !!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The simple fact that this is second hand information (allegedly) and the fact the author refuses to answer questions regarding the post makes me want to take this information with a grain of salt.

All Mayan calendars, Terrence McKenna, and Nostradamus quatrains aside, NASA is predicting, using decidedly more scientific approaches, an event that could change the world as we know it via polar shift or solar flares. A quick Google search of "NASA + 2012" will yield copious amounts of information once you filter out the more fantastic predictions.

So, there is going to be an event in 2012, but the exact date and specifics of the event are arguable; however, there is too much coincidence in terms of the 2012 mythological prophecies and their association with current NASA studies to simply shrug off the notion that a major event will take place. Something will happen, whether it be the "ascension" mentioned in the post or simply a larger than normal solar flare.

Just to be safe, I'll stay out of all the cities like L.A., New York or London because if we've learned anything from movies, asteroids and monsters always attack those cities. It's one of the laws of nature. And I've seen Independence Day enough to know that if any aliens do come, they won't come in peace. It's always a trick (unless you're a Close Encounter of the Third Kind fan). This is our planet and we can't let those aliens get their dirty little gray hands anywhere near it, driving around in their little Frisbee shaped airplanes and kidnapping our cows. Those smug little aliens.

We should do the human thing to do once they get here, kill them and conquer them since they're different looking than us and don't talk normal.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by ReedJ]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReedJ

Just to be safe, I'll stay out of all the cities like L.A., New York or London because if we've learned nothing from movies, asteroids and monsters always attack those cities. It's one of the laws of nature.

That was TOO DAMN FUNNY !!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReedJ
however, there is too much coincidence in terms of the 2012 mythological prophecies and their association with current NASA studies to simply shrug off the notion that a major event will take place. Something will happen, whether it be the "ascension" mentioned in the post or simply a larger than normal solar flare.

Exactly! It's one thing to disregard thousand year old theories, but when some of the greatest minds of our day (Michio Kaku) are telling us something is going to happen in 2012, then not only should we reassess, or even look at what the ancients said about this time, but should be ready for the scenarios our scientists are saying just may happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

True. All too often on ATS 2012 posts, people nearly disregard the well-documented, scientific research of organizations like NASA altogether. Instead, people prefer to quote websites or a show about prophecy on the History Channel. I'll take Kaku over the wizard Merlin any day.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™

Exactly! It's one thing to disregard thousand year old theories, but when some of the greatest minds of our day (Michio Kaku) are telling us something is going to happen in 2012, then not only should we reassess, or even look at what the ancients said about this time, but should be ready for the scenarios our scientists are saying just may happen.

First you say Kaku says something is going to happen. Then you say scientists are saying something "just might happen".

Kaku does not say something is going to happen in 2012.

1) He says the next solar maximum will occur in 2012. This has since been updated to 2013. Solar maximum is not an event, it is the peak of a cycle. The amount of solar activity will be increasing for the next few years. It will then begin to decrease before increasing once again.

2) The peak of the solar cycle does not necessarily signal a peak in the intensity of solar activity, just in the quantity. An intense solar storm could happen at any time in the next 11 years. An intense solar storm may not happen at all in the next 11 years. There is no way of for Kaku or anyone else to predict such an occurrence.

3) He says that there is a possibility that intense solar activity could create a geomagnetic storm. This is true. There is always such a possibility. Sure, a major geomagnetic storm could cause some real problems. There is no more reason to expect one in Solar Cycle 24 than there was in Solar Cycle 23, or any other cycle.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
First you say Kaku says something is going to happen. Then you say scientists are saying something "just might happen".

Yes, because something is going to happen, that we know, what exactly that is though, we don't.

Originally posted by PhageSure, a major geomagnetic storm could cause some real problems. There is no more reason to expect one in Solar Cycle 24 than there was in Solar Cycle 23, or any other cycle.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Neo-V™

Kaku does not say something is going to happen in 2012.

1) He says the next solar maximum will occur in 2012. This has since been updated to 2013. Solar maximum is not an event, it is the peak of a cycle. The amount of solar activity will be increasing for the next few years. It will then begin to decrease before increasing once again.

2) The peak of the solar cycle does not necessarily signal a peak in the intensity of solar activity, just in the quantity. An intense solar storm could happen at any time in the next 11 years. An intense solar storm may not happen at all in the next 11 years. There is no way of for Kaku or anyone else to predict such an occurrence.

3) He says that there is a possibility that intense solar activity could create a geomagnetic storm. This is true. There is always such a possibility. Sure, a major geomagnetic storm could cause some real problems. There is no more reason to expect one in Solar Cycle 24 than there was in Solar Cycle 23, or any other cycle.

This is just an argument of semantics. Neo-V did not just mention Kaku but "some of the greatest minds of our day" (i.e. NASA). And if you want to get technical, the peak is one event within a cycle of events. There are other prominent scientists besides Kaku who are pointing toward 2012 for a large astronomical event.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

I guess you posted the video to accentuate Kaku's statement about cycle 24 peaking in 2012 and being stronger than previous cycles. I guess you also ignored the fact that since Kaku's interview, scientists' predictions have been updated. The interview was in December of 2008 and was based on a prediction from 2007. In May of 2009 new data caused the prediction to be revised.

A panel of scientists who's field is the Sun and its cycles (not distributing pop science, like Kaku is fond of doing) almost universally agree that the next cycle will be less intense than average.

The panel has decided that the next solar cycle will be below average in intensity, with a maximum sunspot number of 90. Given the predicted date of solar minimum and the predicted maximum intensity, solar maximum is now expected to occur in May, 2013. Note, this is a consensus opinion, not a unanimous decision. A supermajority of the panel did agree to this prediction.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Kaku's statement; "Every eleven years the sun's magnetic field flips, releasing a shockwave of radiation". Is absurd. But then, he's quite a showman. The sun's magnetic field does reverse every 11 years but it does not "flip" and there is no "shockwave of radiation" released. Did you notice anything in 2000-2001, the last time it occured? I didn't.

It is during this time of maximum activity, every 11 years, that the solar magnetic field undergoes a reversal. The reversal is not instantaneous, but involves a complex restructuring of the magnetic field which appears to take at least several months....

www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You are definately plain and boring, it's almost as if you are a cloan. Change the words around a little substitute this for that......

You've said nothing that millions of people don't already know!

you're just repeating the same message that people have said throughout time, which on the other hand is a false concept anyways....

be good or be bad whatever!

were all reaching out for the same things underneath it all....

we make our own choice to Sacrifice for the progress of mankind.

*Self fullfilling (prophesy) :-) Step to the plate.... Pick up YOUR CROSS!
-------------Which Role will you take on for mankind???????

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ReedJ

We should do the human thing to do once they get here, kill them and conquer them since they're different looking than us and don't talk normal.

This is golden.... I so agree.... LOL

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join