It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most recent great news about 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

You are right, this guy is the blind believer here and he knows it, he wont admit it on the forum of course. These people still have some "pride", as if it could still be called like that
. It is like the ignorant that think he knows, don't trust him. It is exactly the same thing here. People talking trash, but knowing nothing at all, not even their own hellish illusion in which they swim each day since their birth

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A demon is full of false projections. Its mind repeatedly implodes. It is an inverse angel looking downward, bound by gravity, forever sucked into the seemingly inescapable whirlpool. An angel forgets the lies, and extends a hand to others wanting to do the same. Its mind expands into the infinite, and beautifully so, for it does not come crashing down in cycles, as the demonic mindset necessitates.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Be careful. You know not either. You are right about the hellish illusion. It is an accepted illusion. Don't necessarily look at what the OP has to say literally. Maybe rather look at it from a psychological/mental/spiritual/metaphysical perspective. Metaphor. Transcendent forms. Life is a drama. It is time to change the author.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralus51
thats because youre a #ing dumbass. youre just as gullable as the rest of these fools.

Because you do not sense that something incredible is happening does not mean it isn't happening, it just means that you don't sense it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

so you claim a group of people will "ascend" and the rest will stay in the un-ascended world. For some reason it sounds like a variation of the rapture many christians are waiting for.
So who is this friend of yours? where did he get this information? the internet? a book? is he friends with an expert on Mayan mythology? I am not interrogating you, I just think it is very important one knows the roots of a certain belief before holding on to them.

when 12/21/12 comes and goes and nothing happens, as I am 100% sure, you among other new agers will feel completely devastated and disappointed. You seem to be looking forward to this event, but you need to examine your beliefs and ideas and research. A LOT. so you will see why these wonderful ideas of a new beginning are false.

I am saying this a a friend. do not expect anything unusual to happen on 12/21/12. In fact the mayan calendar keeps going beyond that date, it does not stop. 12/21/12 only marks the transition into a new astrological era for the Mayans. People have taken this out of context, incorporated some christian stories of the end of the world into the mix, and we have the (in)famous 2012 end of times prophecy.

Nothing is going to happen. 12/21/12 will be a regular date. Instead of waiting for this day for something magical to happen, what people need to do is try to change themselves NOW. If people want an "age of peace" then the only way to usher in a new era will be by taking action and changing the world around them. No supernatural forces will come and give us help, humans need to take things into their own hands if they expect to make a positive change.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
@Every negative posters itt:

Listen to me please. I don't know for sure whats gonna happen in 2012, i don't think the OP know for sure. No one can. But you know what? this guy, OP of this thread, i think he is quite right. Not that he know whats gonna happen, but he know quite well the road to get there. You all seem to think that on December 21 2012 "chosen" will transform into light and travel in outer space, change their dna, evolve to another dimension. Know what? if it ever happen, it won't be like in movies. Think of it at a deeper level. It the evolution of our counciousness. By being positive, by helping each other we will "ascend", we will be real humans. Do you think real humans would kill each others like this? Rape, murder, torture, racism. Wtf? if we think positively, others will too. If the human consciousness change we WILL have ascended to a higher level of civilisation.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newworld

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in with you.

While there is no disputing that something WILL happen on 12/21/12 - that being celestial alignment that only happens every 26,000 years - and that many like myself ARE indeed sensing something incredible transpiring beyond our comprehension, I do agree with you about the hype being put on the Myan calendar for one reason ... was their calendar supposed to continue forever? It seems they chose a date of astronomical significance to end their calendar cycle, as they had to stop the somewhere, or continue all the efforts of dating cycles to no end. That can not be expected. Consider this, just how far do our current calendars go to? On the last date of our current cycles, is that yet another doom date? Another rapture/ascension?

Of the OP itself, myself being one that does belief something beyond our comprehension is going to happen soon (that's as deep as I put it, because no one REALLY knows), I do not concur with the OP statement that everything is going to be ok - for the simple fact of looking at ALL the ancient propheices as one, we as humans have already passed the point of no return, that the doom of the prophecies is what's to come. Such as the Hopi prophecies, if one is to read them, it's easy to tell that the negative side of the outcomes is already transpiring.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

There wont be any big alignement in 2012 as believed. About what you "feel", it must be the side effects of lsd dont you think?

Seriously, it is no use to talk with you. You will believe your # until 2012 and when you see that something drastically different than what you expected happen (like nothing), you will listen to these people that will say "They don't think we are ready for the ascension but they will give another try in 2019". OH 2019 is on the hopi calendar!!! It must be true omfg.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

First - Wow, I didn't know there was anyone at ATS that was not aware of the astronomical fact of a physical alignment, wherein the Earth is in line with the Sun and the center of the galaxy, on the winter solstice of 2012 - an astronomical fact that happens every 26,000 years. You really might want to read up on that OUTSIDE of conspiracy sights before running your mouth against someone, as you just made yourself out to be a fool in grandeose fashion.

Second - I never put what I am sensing to a date, nor did I put anything more beyond "a sense" to it. You have taken my simply saying that some, myself included, sense something is happening, to a point of "your # of 2012". That's a hell of an assumption, on your part, to assume that I beleive the way many believe.

Third - you are correct, with your attitude there is no use to talk with me.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in with you.

While there is no disputing that something WILL happen on 12/21/12 - that being celestial alignment that only happens every 26,000 years - and that many like myself ARE indeed sensing something incredible transpiring beyond our comprehension, I do agree with you about the hype being put on the Myan calendar for one reason ... was their calendar supposed to continue forever? It seems they chose a date of astronomical significance to end their calendar cycle, as they had to stop the somewhere, or continue all the efforts of dating cycles to no end. That can not be expected. Consider this, just how far do our current calendars go to? On the last date of our current cycles, is that yet another doom date? Another rapture/ascension?

Of the OP itself, myself being one that does belief something beyond our comprehension is going to happen soon (that's as deep as I put it, because no one REALLY knows), I do not concur with the OP statement that everything is going to be ok - for the simple fact of looking at ALL the ancient propheices as one, we as humans have already passed the point of no return, that the doom of the prophecies is what's to come. Such as the Hopi prophecies, if one is to read them, it's easy to tell that the negative side of the outcomes is already transpiring.

But humanity has always been in a constant state of war and destruction. Saying that "the negative side of the outcomes is already transpiring" does not make much sense when in reality negative events have happened since the dawn of humanity. Prophecies are usually self-fulfilling; religions say people will stop believing in their deities (self-fulfilling. People will always question beliefs). Prophesies say the world will be in chaos (the world has always been in a state of war. Even during the times people wrote said prophesies).

and you say you feel that something important is going to happen in 12/21/12. you even claimed you are not sure exactly what is going to happen on that day. but having a feeling or hunch shouldn't be grounds to hold on to a certain belief, because the chances of being wrong are usually high.
wouldn't it be wiser to have zero expectation of this date in case the prophesy is false (as countless other prophesies of the end of times were)?

in the slim chance the prophesy if 12/21/12 is true, then you can go and tell all of us "I told you so." but if the prophesy is false, and you have zero expectations and do not believe that something important will happen to humanity, then you will not lose anything and will not feel saddened or devastated when these events do not occur.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To the original point. It's a horrible thing to send a message saying that persons that will ascend already know that they will and everyone who won't just doesn't realize anything. Is that some form of predetermination? Was there some form of a deadline to be "positive" enough to be selected as part of your elect group? I missed it.

For comments on being "opened minded". Does opened minded mean that you simply must believe every story told without question? If you tell a story that you've received from a friend and I don't believe what you're saying, why would that automatically make me a closed person? That would mean your friend is the ultimate truth and should never be questioned. That person is what most would consider God and most likely doesn't instruct people to post on ATS. Maybe so. Maybe I have it wrong.

For the comments about how bad our world is or how humans are a pox. The world as we know it has always been filled with hate, murder, strife, and sin in general. It's been that way since the Fall of Man (if you believe in such things). The world is no better now and no worse now than it has ever been. Man as a species has not evolved, only our technology has. We are the same.

Is that bad? I would say yes, but it's the way we are.

Does that mean we are a plague on this planet? No. This is our planet and we will do with it as we see fit. On the bad side, we are a messy species in that we make messes that we don't know how to clean up. We developed technology that we don't have any good clue on what to do with it.

Are we ruining this planet? Maybe, but only in the temporary time frame. We are heading to a point were we have started making our environment inhospitable to our species and I'm not talking about "climate change". I'm talking about other faster lifeforms changing around us and adapting to our world more quickly than us.

Our long lives are our downfall. In one person's lifetime at our current rate of change, there is no way to adapt. Our technological evolution far out paces our biological evolution.

In summary. What hope do you offer the ignorant, the blind, or the misguided? What are you doing with your positive attitude? Why do you sit on your enlighted rump and arrogantly rest assured that you will be one of the chosen?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder if all of you who are saying nothing will happen, could point me in the direction of information that refutes the alignment, or that the Mayan calander doesn't end on 2012?, or that there won't be massive solar flares?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I never said there was no alignment. But i expected this kind of behavious from a blind believer. I said "big alignment". An alignment with Mars-Sun-Earth, for example, happen few times a year. Of course, you knew it and i didn't, i went to check on wikipedia so i don't feel like a fool anymore

[edit on 3-8-2009 by _damon]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

First, as I just explained to another ..... I have never claimed that 12/21/12 is THEE date of any kind of doom. I have only claimed that date as the astronomical fact which indeed will happen. Please don't lump my words of differnet contexts into one bucket.

Second, I take it you have not read much into many proheices or ancient writings, outside of conspiracy sites. The texts I have been looking at are about the end of this humanities cycle, wherein yes, humans have always fought - in that you are correct. To take all the writings from all the cultures and put them together, one can easily see the credence they each lend to one another. I lay to claim to no one prophecy or another, I take in everything.

For christ sakes, I was agreeing with you that the hype of doom is overstated, but you are for some reason seeing me as one laying claim to the hype.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

There is a high difference between an ascension and solar flares. Why the heck would solar flares make some m*d people ascend? Or does 2012 mean in your mind the destruction instead an ascension?

You can check on nasa website orbit simulator, you can even check each day of 2011, 2012, 2013, to be sure it wasn't a date error... There is no alignement of all planets. That's all. People that pretend it will happen cannot proove it. If you can, just post a godda** screenshot. Of course you can't, i'm sure of it. I don't even have to doubt, which i do usually, but not for this shlt.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by Misfit

I never said there was no alignment. But i expected this kind of behavious from a blind believer. I said "big alignment". An alignment with Mars-Sun-Earth, for example, happen few times a year. Of course, you knew it and i didn't, i went to check on wikipedia so i don't like a fool anymore

What the hell is your major malfunction? Do you not read a post in whole? I have never claimed to believe that the world will end or people will ascend or anything of that nature in 2012. But you don't want to see that, you seem to simply want to flame me!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
I wonder if all of you who are saying nothing will happen, could point me in the direction of information that refutes the alignment, or that the Mayan calander doesn't end on 2012?, or that there won't be massive solar flares?

Try these:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Actual Astronomy of 2012 and the
Sacred Triple Rebirth of the Sun

This may go some way to clearing up the whole allignment issue.

As for the mayan calendar, they made a calendar for 26,000 years, I guess they thought that was long enough.

look, think about it, how many lots of 26,000 have there been in the 3 billion year history of Earth, quite a few, and the Earth is still here.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

And there is a big difference between saying nothing will happen and a solar flare that "could" "possibly" end life as we know it. Now you imagine every electrical device on the planet being rendered useless.

I'm not saying that will happen, but we know that something quite major is going to happen around 21/12/2012.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
and the Earth is still here.

I for one, and a lot of people I know, aren't saying it won't be.

Thanks for the links, will have a read of them now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join