It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain: CCTV Surveillance into Thousands of British Homes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I hope you folks isnt to shy , cause if the NWO is going to stare at you 24/7, you cant afford to be shy....

'' 1984 '' style survailance !!

Source here
24/7 CCTV Surveillance in Homes of 20,000 Families

THOUSANDS of the worst families in England are to be put in “sin bins” in a bid to change their bad behaviour, Ed Balls announced yesterday.

The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.

They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.

Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.

Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

But ministers want to target 20,000 more in the next two years, with each costing between £5,000 and £20,000 – a potential total bill of £400million.

Ministers hope the move will reduce the number of youngsters who get drawn into crime because of their chaotic family lives, as portrayed in Channel 4 comedy drama Shameless.

Sin bin projects operate in half of council areas already but Mr Balls wants every local authority to fund them.

He said: “This is pretty tough and non-negotiable support for families to get to the root of the problem. There should be Family Intervention Projects in every local authority area because every area has families that need support.”

Added : I can not figure out why they would pay so much just to look at people in their homes ?? Is it an 'Real' Truman Show in the works ??

[edit on 2/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i don't understand how this its even acceptable to talk about this as an MP let alone endorse it, sickening.

don't they understand these "problem" families will be a lot more of a problem if they realise that the real enemy isnt the terrorists, its the country setting itself up as a kind of faceless nameless parent figure, coming out of nowhere to tell you what you're doing/thinking is wrong.

on a brighter note, i cant imagine any self-respecting person would allow this to be installed in their home.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by james420
i don't understand how this its even acceptable to talk about this as an MP let alone endorse it, sickening.

don't they understand these "problem" families will be a lot more of a problem if they realise that the real enemy isnt the terrorists, its the country setting itself up as a kind of faceless nameless parent figure, coming out of nowhere to tell you what you're doing/thinking is wrong.

on a brighter note, i cant imagine any self-respecting person would allow this to be installed in their home.

I know I would never go along with this..
Every thing you do, you know maybe some one is looking and taking notes etc..

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This article is grossly over exaggerating the scheme and placing undue emphasis on negative aspects.

If you do some research on the programme you’ll see that the 24hr surveillance aspect is part of a voluntary third tier of intervention that involves the family in question actively seeking out help from the local authority and going through a precursor programme before being allowed to live in a managed residential unit. Once there the family’s individual worker can assess their specific problems and address them. It’s basically a state version of those nanny shows on TV.

I wouldn’t want to do it but then I haven’t got three out of control kids, a drug habit and £20k worth of debt destroying my life. For those that want and need it, and providing that it works (85% success rate is claimed), I don’t see the problem.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The fact that the program is Voluntary for those families with problems that it is a last resort to keep from having their children taken away or be put into prison, makes it a little more digestible, but no more acceptable.

When any segment allows the government to be their surrogate Parental Unit or a Nanny, it is allowing government a role that it should never have.

It is true that there are dysfunctional families due to compulsive spending, anger management issues, child abuse, drug addictions and alcohol addictions, but is 24/7 government monitoring of their activity within their homes any viable solution to solve those problems?

These are families that are facing the last of 3 strikes before a Magistrate's gavel falls for the final time, so these families are being exploited into this program because they have their backs up against a legal wall, and since they don't feel empowered to be a good parent, they surrender a little bit of their freedom and privacy for this program.

And what segment will come next? First those at risk of losing their children or of incarceration are given the option of "Voluntary" Surveillance. Then it will be felons who have served their time in prison. Then it will be suspected Terrorists. Then it will be those who have employment with the government or a government contractor. Then it will those who exhibit "anti-social" behavior. Where will it end? The answer is, once it begins it won't!

This is a door that the people of no country ever want to open.

These families would be far better served, and the government's dollars far better served, if traditional methods of mediation, counseling, rehabilitation, and other such social programs were pursued.

Just because you candy-coat something as "Voluntary" doesn't mean that there is a truly viable alternative not to take it. Nor does it make it right!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would have thought the most obvious problem with this is that it doesn't solve the problem, it just encourages people to behave 'properly' for the period the cameras are there.

Massive economic inequality, social alienation, moral despondency, a sense of worthlessness and widespread egotism and pessimism are not addressed by spying on people, however 'voluntary' it may be. Cows voluntarily stand in prisons (fields) their whole life, only to be slaughtered at our convenience. Doesn't solve the problem of Bovine Anomie.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Again if you read what this all entails you’ll see that this is a last resort after traditional methods of methods of mediation, counselling, rehabilitation etc have failed. So what do you do then?

Your argument that this is a slippery slope is just false, there is no suggestion that people will be or have been (this has existed since 1995) told that they must take part or face legal penalties.

This is just alarmist nonsense.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

hello

He said: “This is pretty tough and non-negotiable support for families to get to the root of the problem. There should be Family Intervention Projects in every local authority area because every area has families that need support.”

I think the words Non-negotiable sum it up

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

If this stops kids from funking about then good job but i don't see how having cctv in the house will make sure the kid goes to school.....

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

24/7 CCTV Surveillance in Homes of 20,000 Families

THOUSANDS of the worst families in England are to be put in “sin bins” in a bid to change their bad behaviour, Ed Balls announced yesterday.

The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.

They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.

Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.

Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

But ministers want to target 20,000 more in the next two years, with each costing between £5,000 and £20,000 – a potential total bill of £400million.

Ministers hope the move will reduce the number of youngsters who get drawn into crime because of their chaotic family lives, as portrayed in Channel 4 comedy drama Shameless.

Sin bin projects operate in half of council areas already but Mr Balls wants every local authority to fund them.

It's great

The parents behave like delinquents and drag up their kids to be the same

Delinquents are put in facilities and their behaviours monitored.

These anti-social misfits and blots on society should think themselves lucky they're not behind bars.

They've been getting away with blue murder for years.

Now they're going to be held accountable and won't be able to lie and threaten their way out of it as they usually do

Most of them are on welfare anyway. So the State which provides for them is going to study their behaviours then show them how to become civilized.

Good job. Money well spent

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
If this stops kids from funking about then good job but i don't see how having cctv in the house will make sure the kid goes to school.....

Are you kidding? My kid would find out how to exploit the loopholes in the system within the first day. She would probably also tap into the feed and hook it up to a digital loop. The presence of a CCTV cameras wouldn't deter her behavior one bit.

On top of it, she'd use that CCTV feed to record incriminating or embarrassing moments of her other family members and use it to blackmail and extort them with the threat of posting that footage on MySpace/Facebook/YouTube till they each caved into her demands!

If a child is petulantly out of control you don't put a loaded weapon in their hands and think it is going to make them behave!

Besides, if a child is that far out of control then they already have little or no respect for Authority, and less fear of punishment from Authority. The threat of Big Brother watching over them is only going to fill them with yet more angst and resentment and make matter worse, not better.

It may modify the behavior of abusive parents for a while, but juvenile delinquents it won't do anything for but make them turn to more criminal behaviors.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

It's not just the children who're out of control, it's the parents.

Visit Neighbours from Hell in Britain (if you haven't already) for a mild sampling of what decent members of society are up against with these feral families.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
New Labour are beyond a joke and completely clueless and like nothing better than to squander our money on silly gimmicks. Asbos were another stupid idea and were seen by many yobs as a badge of honor and now with CCTV, they'll no doubt love the idea of having their own big brother show live in their homes.

Lets face it, the only people who need surveillance are the criminals in power who have the audacity and nerve to call themselves a government. How much more are we going to take from these morons before we finally kick them all into touch.

www.express.co.uk...

[edit on 3-8-2009 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Was just reading this on the express site.

Goes to show what they would LOVE to do if possible....this is a scary country.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The liberal left has the abstract idea of the state being the family- the family is the ultimate enemy of all totalitarians, from Stalin to Hitler.

These problem families, most of them mired in drink and drugs, fatherless homes etc are mainly the result of the same liberal /left culture, agenda and policies- these same people who now seek to nanny them.

Every liberal left establishment member should be forced to live in the roughest of estates to see the reality of their abstract ideas

[edit on 3-8-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In Soviet Britain, television watches YOU.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by ChemBreather

The police come and pick them up and drops them of at school with a fine.

Or they just go outside an play...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
that's great! now if you do anything illegal in your own home they can just come and take you away.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I agree with this as I believe in controlling lesser mammals.

They should not be allowed to breed.

But that's too harsh. The best way is to contain them. Peasants must not be allowed mobility.

Remember that noblewoman when the train became affordable?

But be warned, this is where it will start.

Orwellian.

That said we can all help by boycotting all things British (like what?
)

Shell.

I like me some Harry Potter, though.

And those British cars, damned! Aston Martin, Jaguar, Range Rover, Bentley, RR...

The Brits make the most beautiful cars.

But they have inferior engineers, though...

Boycott Sweden, too.

Feminazis are taking over that country.

Soon they will be a PC people like the stupid Brits and Americans...

Ze crazy Germans would never allow such stupidity...

Avoid buying Volvos and Ericsson.

And Ikea.

Save the blonds! Long live Sweden!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I REALLY thought this must be a joke or a hoax or satire or something like that, but it's real...

I almost don't know what else to say...

I think I'll just tell /b/ about this and let them find the links to the CCTVs inside private homes.

Vas

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join