It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for you all to get along? (God or no God)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is a reply to the following topics:

What will it take for you to believe!? (God)
What will it take for you to stop believing!? (Deity)

I do not understand why people on both sides feel the need to continue this never ending struggle for social acceptance by denouncing one side and placing the other on the proverbial pedestal.

One side claims to know of the existence of a higher being while the other is content on smothering their belief. Now normally I would avoid the endless argument about the existence of a higher being, a creator of creation, the know all see all, but I feel obligated to ask a simple question to everyone.

Why do you feel as though you need to argue over this topic? If you choose to believe in a god, then that is your prerogative. And if you choose to resist the belief of a higher being, that is your right as well. But do not get tangled up into the stew of madness that is the topic of whether is a god or not.

To be honest, it really doesn't matter what YOU think on the topic. There is nothing YOU can do about it if there is a god or not, so why argue? It only adds on stress and takes away a few minutes of your already short life, and for what? To try to convince someone that doesn't want to be convinced otherwise?

MY belief is simple, there is no higher being. That is what I choose to believe, and I respect what other people choose to believe. That is why you haven't seen me post in the other religious topics. I believe that the god people believe is there is actually inside every single living creature. That "god" has many names as well. And do you know what you call that god?

Energy. Chakra. Mana.

The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. That is a LAW, which means it was a theory and was proven. Now, with that in mind, where does the energy come from and where does it go?

I cannot answer that. What I can say is that I am not an Atheist, and I am not a Theist either. I am an Agnostic.

I choose to believe that there is a "god" out there, but it is not a being. It is within all of us, humans, animals, plants, and bacteria. It is matter. It is all around us. It has always been there since the beginning and it will be there until the end.

I know this wont solve anything, but I hope it made at least one person see the light of the matter, and that is that it is pointless to argue. Just embrace your idea and keep it to yourself. Do not push it on others. They have the right to believe what they want to believe as do you. Do not violate their right.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You guys feel the need to argue, but not the need to compromise?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

This has been discussed here many times, and the truth is, both sides want to be right so bad that this debate will never end.

No they won't compromise because compromising still means that somebody has to be wrong. Even if it's just one iota of wrong, they won't have it.

Me personally, I stopped trying to figure it out a long time ago and just accepted the fact that I'm not equipped to understand and it's not my purpose. My purpose is to live, right here, right now.

And I'll worry about the afterlife when it comes.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What can we say?

When your mind is a programmable computer and your heart is made of putrid blackness.

That is the definition of a human being ^^^

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I get along with everyone. There is no reason why you can't accept that people see things differently. It is those who try to force things on others that are in error, no matter what side they are on.

But when it comes to these forums and stuff, it is impossible for someone to force things on others. Big difference in debate and discussion which is very very healthy, and people going around killing everyone who disagrees with them which is not healthy at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I get along with every very well. But thats not the majority, if you believe in God then some people just won't like you, if you don't believe in God then some people won't like you. They bring up arguments of Science and Creation or whatever. But at the end of day especially with my religion which is Christianity we all need to learn that we are all connected. For example:

"Science states that we came from on cell and Christianity states that we came from one God, whether we like it or not we are all connected"~TheMythLives

One way or another we are connected, the sooner we learn this the sooner we will all get along
Of course the other religions come into play as well, but they can all be linked as well and also prove that we are indeed connected.

[edit on Aug 2nd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

What will it take for you all to get along? (God or no God)

.........................LOVE.................................................

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Autowrench:
You make a good point here, but the sad fact is, mankind was taught religion (by aliens) to make them fight against each other, and fight each other they do, and those of us who are in the know cannot do anything about this, ever. It will always be my God is better than your God, and so on, and so on. Just yesterday I was at a local car show, you know, people bring their custom built and classic cars to show them off and win prizes and trophy's. anyway, here, at the car show, were these two guys, perhaps Mormons, or maybe Jehovah Witness, and, it was a hot day, in the 80s, these guys had the full religion suit on, creased pants, snow white shirt, coat, sleeves cuffed at the bottom, while I had on cut-offs and tee shirt and I was sweating like a pig. These guys had name tags that had they name on it, and below that, "Jesus" in big letters. They both saw my around the neck pentagram at the same time, and then you should have seen the looks! I really wanted to go right over and educate these guys a little, but my dear wife wouldn't let me, she has see me do this too many times.

Back to the point, the only thing that will serve to convince some people is when the aliens arrive in force and tells mankind the story of their hidden history, and show them where it was hidden here on Earth all these years.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by Bushido Kanji

You had the word whose lack is the basis of the problem, respect. In the silly competition to be right respect as well as objectivity flies right out the window. And rhetorical warfare insues, both sides only seeing that which to them reinforces their belief they are right, and how dare their opponent be so stupid as to not agree. Such is human nature, sad thing is it will most likely result in our annihilation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wish everyone could get along too.

Personally, I like to sort of role-play in my head when it comes to spirituality, so that I can look at everything from the perspective of believing in it. I like to think that helps me understand and accept the merits of various beliefs (or non-belief).

I don't really have a fixed perspective on anything spiritual, at least not one that I can verbalize to others. That might make me seem fickle or inconsistent to both atheists and religious folks, but it works for me. I can give all views the benefit of the doubt, because I truly don't know WT* the truth is, if there even is any sort of objective truth.

I suppose instead of thinking none are true, I'd rather give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume they're all true. Every spiritual philosophy may have some tidbits that I can identify with, but I wouldn't find them if I passed judgment on them all.

Not going to say my way of looking at things is the right way, I'm just offering my approach. I'm not afraid of being inconsistent. Everything seems like a paradox to me anyway.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Right and wrong is a creation of man, so no one is right nor are they wrong. They are who they are, and if they believe in something, more power to them.

It is when they cross the line of respect and mutuality that creates issues.

Respect is a virtue, solemn indeed. If one were to respect his or her peer, he or she would soon enough gain respect in return. There would be less quarrels that way and everyone would be a little bit happier.

What people on both sides fail to see is that we all have the power, whether it is natural or given to us by a being; we all have the power to do great things, again falling under the creation of man of right and wrong.

What I am getting at is we cannot answer life, it is beyond us. We don't know what we know, and that is a paradox as well.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
In my OWN personal side...I am ready and willing...I already get along with lot's of Christians...I need both sides to stop being so darn judgmental...that's what I need

I am ready and already set and currently trying to get along with many...but hey...none of us are perfect

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Aliens?

Did aliens create communism too? because if religion were gone humans would still fight each other. Satan created other relgiions.

Aliens were created by the governement in their special projects back in the early 1900s. They created the ships which run on free energy. They will use that technology during antichrist reign, there are no real aliens.

Now as for the OP./

" what will it take "

The NWO. When the nwo joins all religions and all faiths, and all governements into a global communism, people will get along but it will only last 3 years under a global leader who claims to be a God.

Mary called it.

" A false peace "

it will be like a false feal good era. And it's not far away from those in power trying to join the world into one.

Also, what it would take is if everybody minded their own buisness. Christians, try and convert once and after that leave them alone. Stop using judgements as a source to preach, use love.

athiest stop saying God is false and using hateful remarks like 12 year olds.

Mind our buisnesses, that's all.

And to be honest when I go to that tabacle called ATS, in the faith forum I see more hate from athiest than christians.

Instead of coming to ATS or BTS maybee we should spend time going out and living life and do the things we did as a kid, play outside, enjoy the weather.

so lets start doing that.

peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
People will always disagree and honestly any idiot can sign onto ATS or anywhere on the internet and spew out complete rubbish. The atheists are offended by the religious, religious are offended by the atheists. Then you have the idiots who think they are from another dimension but I guess they add into the equation. I don't care if you are Christian, Muslim, Jew, Azathoth cultist, Atheist, Satanist, from another dimension, born from the Grays, whatever. I will believe what I want to believe and you shouldn't try and change that.

Thus you have the current conflict on ATS. Without going off on a rant about the ignorance dilemma the most you can hope for is the conflict to simmer down. People will get offended, even though honestly it doesn't matter if you get offended you aren't special, and it escalates again. Honestly if more people followed the Bushido code it would be more peaceful.

Edit: Also remember that ATS isn't the fulcrum of humanity. It's a website. The world is larger and stranger. Nobody on these forums speaks for humanity. They only speak for themselves or friends.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by nastalgik]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You are right.

If everyone followed Bushido, the world would be a much better place.

Leaders that fail will commit suicide, but at least there will be respect, even among enemies.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If i went into a UFO forum, how could i say with 100% certanty that UFO's arn't real when others have seen them. I couldn't.

But people will come into religious forums and say God is not real when they have no experience in the subject. Basicly calling those with years of experience Liers.

We should all stick to things we know about or just ask questions and have some respect for the answer given by people who know and have studied the subject.

I think it is called respect.........

top topics

join