It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Monica UFO: Brilliant hoax or true UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well, I posted this video in another thread on a report of a UFO being seen in Los Angeles and another member saying there was a report of a UFO being seen in Santa Monica.

Now, the argument arises: is this CGI?

Easily, if this is a hoax, it's one of the greatest hoaxes I've ever seen. It's brilliantly done. Though, I'm not so sure.

I've seen some regular video hoaxes, such as the palm tree UFO video, and that was called "A great CGI video." This, though, is ten times more brilliant.

So brilliant, that it may be a true UFO video?

One person on YouTube mentioned a comet, but that easily could not be, seeing the object disappears in a flash.

I don't know. This is perplexing.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Nice find!

It looks convincing, but at the same time the people are so casual about it and when I heard the 'gorgeous' lady talking I lost hope in the authenticity. In all honesty though, I think it looks too much like a video game cutscene and doesn't really resemble any ufo videos I've seen. I'm calling this one a bluff.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would like to see the video at the beginning !

It looks convincing but as always it is too short and focuses perfectly on the object.
Too good to be true...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sometimes the search function works as it should.

There was at least one previous thread about this video, this one.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
100% not real. Please give yourself pause to think before considering this is real.

Without even bothering with the actual video content itself, it fails the way most fake videos do. Everything about the presentation and revealing about the video tells you it is nonsense.

After you consider the regular stuff, and if you think that the video itself STILL has merit to it, please checkout of this subject before you give fools that present stuff like this reason to do more damage.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reminds me of the old Haiti vid. I think everyone is gonna call CGI on this one.

that thing is cool tho, it looks like a big eye dropping UFO tears...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
As far as the video, it is a clear hoax in my humble opinion. The reaction by the rest of the people in the street of the "UFO" is none, they don't even acknowledge it. I would think that the others in the street would notice a giant plasma looking UFO in the sky just overhead. Another thing is the filmers reaction, I believe they were filming the sunset and the "UFO" was added later. I also think it is possible it was some light show going on, but I think CGI is 98% likely here.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : here

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join