It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Achieving peace with your mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi there,

First off i'd like to say that i think i have managed to achieve a higher state of mind! When i say this i mean being able to accomplish things without having to go out to pummle someone....

I've noticed over the last few weeks that it has got a lot quieter where i live and this is what i asked for a few months back coz there used to be a lot of noise coming from various points near me..... i've read about how the Buddhists achieve this higher peace of mind, focus & concentration and to me there is nothing better than having peace & quiet! I have this playground literally outside my window and it used to get very noisy with the kids playing there but over time the noise has dwindled to become but a mere whisper in my ear.... also there is a garage about 15 metres away which also can make a racket when the people need to or have to but in recent weeks that noise too has died out.... i also used to get loads of different languages spoken just outside my window but again of late they have dwindled..... just goes to show that if you concentrate long & hard enough to achieve peace it will eventually come.....

Lets just hope it continues

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So just to summarize:

The kids are no longer playing on the playground.

The garage is no longer being used to fix & build stuff.

All of the foreigners are gone. Thrown in jail or kicked back to wherever they came from. Or they have just learned never to speak in public.

All just so you could have a little more peace & quiet?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As you explore this further, you will find that there are times when you can hold on to the peace within you for sometime and there are times when you will not be able to hold on to it for more than a few seconds...and it can get really really frustrating when this happens.

Something to help out.

a) Instead of shutting noise out, try to become more 'aware'. That means being 'in' the noise, and yet not a part of it. Not just being aware of familiar, repetitive patterns of noise, but unfamiliar, once in a while occurring noise as well.

b) Understand your emotional flows and the trigger for your emotional peaks, duration, frequency, time.

c) Breath control, gradually extending it to control of different areas of your life.

I could go on, but wont. All the best. If you need any help in retaining the peace inside you longer, u2u me.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Wrong! The kids are still playing in the playground... even moreso now because the holidays are here

Wrong! The garage is still being used on a daily basis.... fixing cars if you must know

Wrong! The foreignors are still around.... they just have not come near my windows for a while.....

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

Thanks! At least you understand what i'm saying

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That is a good start. You started to liberate your mind from noise pollution. The next step is to liberate your mind from influences and manipulations. It's a bit trickier, but when we're ready, we always find the way to achieve this. This liberation will bring your level of consciousness higher, and you'll get closer to total freedom. Good post by the way

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I've already achieved what you say.... i managed those before i managed this..... did i do it the wrong way round?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

By influences, i meant "memory of the human race" which is the hardest thing to let go of, and by manipulations, i meant manipulations from the invisible spheres (thought manipulations)...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I think i know what you mean and that is very tough to achieve.... thought manipulations! Like Mind control..... someone having the ability to beam (lets say) thoughts into my head..... It is something i hate actually and i've had it for a while now...... i've tried and i've even asked the higher being to help get rid of it but even he/she cannot help me there.....

Memory of the human race is a tough one but yes.... if i live in my world i am able to achieve this...... it's just when i venture out into the other world it sometimes can get to me but i achieving something which makes it seem like i am invisible or have a shield around me when i go out...... it's great!

[edit on 2-8-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Are you sure that you're not creating the reality of peace ??
By focusing your mind----
Remember, the mind is all powerful, and what we think we perceive is in fact an illusion
Our minds programmed to believe in this 3-D world.
You seem to have opened yourself up to the creation of a different type of reality---maybe all created in your mind ??

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Uk Today i really believe i am achieving something on a very high level here.... you know all the stuff we have chatted about?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

I think you misunderstood.
He is just saying that he has learnt to ignore the noise. He has taken control on the irritation caused by external stuff. Now he controls himself better, things don't bother him.

Its the dripping tap phenomenon, if you think something is bothering you, it bothers you even more.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You know I believe in altered conciousness and the power of thought.
I have'nt been sick for 5yrs or more due to my thought patterns.
You are opening yourself up to some truly amazing stuff

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
First achieving peace with mind, then being peace without mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Every noise arises from, and then returns to silence and is therefore contained within silence. As Eckhart Tolle suggests, be aware, not only of the noise, but also of the silence which surrounds it, and be fully present, to both without thinking, or labelling or judging in any way. Peace.

new topics

top topics

join