It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Officials: End of Recession is Near

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I seriously doubt we will see the return of many of those jobs. Unless we come out with new industries or fields of production this cash cow is broke. I like this part here where they talk about letting the American Tax payer spend their money not the Government. I dont know why we as Americans are not getting fired up over this. They are spending "OUR" money like it's water yet we sit here like sheeple not saying a damn thing!

This seems to run contrary to what they are supposedly trying to stimulate. Consumer confidence. On one hand they want us to build up our savings then on the other they have programs like cash for clunkers out which bribes people to go back into debt so they can stimulate the economy on credit spending. It's a vicious circle if you ask me.

I'm in the middle of writing an in depth thread about the future potential of Americas "Green Economy" Stay tuned.

Obama Officials: End of Recession is Near

"We've lost 2 million jobs since the stimulus bill was passed. And I think what we're seeing in the economy now is the inherent resilience of the American economy and the American people," Pence, the No. 3 Republican in the House, told "FOX News Sunday."

Central to Pence's grievances are the trillions of dollars being spent by the government to drag the economy out of recession. While economists agree spending is required in a recession, Pence said that money would be better spent by the American people, not the federal government.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
DeMint: Cash for Clunkers is 'example of stupidity'

“I just think this is a great example of the stupidity that’s coming out of Washington right now,” DeMint said today on “Fox News Sunday.”

The $1 billion approved for the program to trade in old cars for more fuel-efficient new ones is about gone. The U.S. House of Representatives on Friday voted to add an additional $2 billion.

DeMint, who has been one of President Barack Obama’s more vocal critics, said he will try to defeat Cash-for-Clunkers funding when the measure reaches the Senate next week.

“Our children and grandchildren can’t afford to make these car dealers well right now,” said DeMint, a South Carolina Republican.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
LOL
No replies but I get a S & F Now that is a conspiracy

One shameless bump then off into the abyss

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What a load of crap. If its over wheres my job at?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Obama - Spirit of Innovation is Key to our Future

He's flip flopping. He says the end of the recession is near but he also says that it's worse than we thought. He says the key to our future is innovation, but then he destroys the innovative spirit by stealing from the productive to reward the lazy via 'wealth redistribution'.

This guy is just awful.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The end of the recession is near, but because we're balanced so precariously on a $1 quadrillion derivates market, amount of money not even the Fed could realistically guarantee, the chances of a new recession are very high.

Alternatively, according the reporting from this year's Bilderberg conference they are planning a short recovery followed by a second crash even worse than the 2007 one.

Either way, buy gold, and learn skills people actually need.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
End of the recession?

END OF THE RECESSION?

Okay, I'll buy that, because it's the beginning of the DEPRESSION.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
End of the recession?

END OF THE RECESSION?

Okay, I'll buy that, because it's the beginning of the DEPRESSION.

Peter Shiff was on Fox Friday afternoon on the Glenn Beck show. In response to the Fuhrers proclamation that the recession is over he said: "The recession is over, but the depression is just beginning!"

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes I agree the recession just became a depression and they know it. The real unemployment figures are somewhere about 20% similar to the 1929 crash. The real question is: We pulled out in 1929 but can we do it now?

In 1996 our manufacturing jobs were LESS than in 1970. Then Clinton signed the World Trade Organization treaty and gave China favored nation status resulting in an increase in exporting American manufacturing. In 1970 there was no EPA, no OSHA and other strangling red tape on business. Now not only do we have OSHA and EPA but a food safety bill regulating our farming and Cap and trade hamstringing our energy resources on the horizon. But I think our worst obstacle is the poor education of the present American work force. This is an obstacle it will be very hard to overcome, especially since our pampered American young people do not realize they have been had by our education system.

... Surveys of corporations consistently find that businesses are focused outside • the U.S. to recruit necessary talent. In a 2002 survey, 16 global corporations complained that American schools did not produce students with global skills. United States companies agreed. The survey found that 30 percent of large U.S. companies “believed they had failed to exploit fully their international business opportunities due to insufficient personnel with international skills.” One respondent to the survey even noted, “If I wanted to recruit people who are both technically skilled and culturally aware, I wouldn’t even waste time looking for them on U.S. college campuses.”

...the U.S. ranks 21st out of 29 Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries in mathematics scores, with nearly one-quarter of students unable to solve the easiest level of questions....

In 2000, 28 percent of all freshmen entering a degree-granting institution required remedial coursework
CER Junk Food Diet

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about?" Maurice Strong

In 1970 Strong lead the UN Conference on the Human Environment, he invited an unknown group called "Greenpeace" and others and then told them to go home and raise he!! They did and now it looks like our children maybe condemned to living in that he!! without the skills they need to combat the collapse orchestrated by Strong and his buddies.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is not that my friend, is just that many people like me that has been keeping up with the markets and the economy are keeping the news and the reality of our nations economic crisis in the markets thread.

But occurs the recession is far from over and still to go on well into next year.

Only the Cheerleaders in Washington are the ones still dreaming.

History prove that after the great depression our nation came out with a strong industrial base and dominance in the world.

After two wars.

This around I am still wondering how the nation will come out of this one.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Greenspan: Economy
Starting to Rebound

PHOENIX - When will the economy finally rebound? Here's some hope from one of the world's top economists -- that maybe we've already gotten through the worst.

More News »

We've seen thousands of families forced into foreclosure, and unemployment lines wrapped around the University of Phoenix stadium. Can it get any worse?

"I'm pretty sure we've already seen the bottom," says former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan. He says the economy is on its way back up.

"It's clear that we've turned in the middle of last month, perhaps in the middle of July," he says.

Greenspan says the popular 'Cash for Clunkers' program is proof that consumer confidence is growing. But he warns if home prices take another dip, it'll hurt the progress the economy has made.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Is not that my friend, is just that many people like me that has been keeping up with the markets and the economy are keeping the news and the reality of our nations economic crisis in the markets thread.

But occurs the recession is far from over and still to go on well into next year.

Depends how fast they can talk the economy back up again. After all, it took a year following the crash for them to talk us into a recession.

Only the Cheerleaders in Washington are the ones still dreaming.

I'm quietly optimistic that they know they've gone too far.

History prove that after the great depression our nation came out with a strong industrial base and dominance in the world.

After two wars.

The US came out of that depression bankrupt, with a social security system to cover their bankruptcy, and with a massive military industry.

Not great...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinciguerra
After two wars.

The US came out of that depression bankrupt, with a social security system to cover their bankruptcy, and with a massive military industry.

Not great...

Yes but after the two world wars we became the prominent nation in the world that dictated how countries that needed assistance were to do business with us.

In 50 years after that we are worst than we were after the depression but thanks to the manipulation of the markets and the bailouts the real crisis is been kept hidden.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is just another example of Obama pandering. That's all the man does, pander! He has to admit, "things are worse than we thought," because he can't deny the numbers. So, he lets a few days pass and comes out with his "The end of the recession is nearing!" crapola!

Look, he's been saying this for six months, pumping up the DJX, fixing the numbers, and spending our tax dollars like a drunk sailor with two girlfriends! Let the market keep going up! It won't matter, it's still a house of cards. It's still a Ponzi. And if we don't end up broke, our kids and grandkids will!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

He can not admit that is worst than predicted, just like Bush never admitted that the economy was in crisis.

That will mean he will become a one time president.

And in todays America political corruption, political power have priority over the nations well being.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Does anyone really expect a politician to be honest about the economic situation? They are all the same. Full of BS.

When new homes are being built we will see a true recovery but then we may see hyperinflation around the same time preventing the creation of new jobs and a continued increase in unemployment. We have tough times ahead. Don't believe the hype.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

are they going to require more bailout money to "end" this recession?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Cash for Clunkers.

Ever see someone driving down the road, their exhaust is issuing some troubling black smoke.. muffler is scrapping against the road in a shower of sparks. Usually the back of the car is packed full of rubbish of all kinds. There may be a few kids buried under it somewhere.

Do they look like they are in the financial position to go out and buy a $20k car?

Well the Federal Government thinks so, so they gave them 4k to go and buy a brand spankin new car.

Or how many college aged kids out there driving their pos cars around that are purposefully old and battered (because their parents knew they didnt need a new car) can now go into a GM lot and trade it in for a new car..

My bet.. due to the Government's sheer retardedness .. we will see Auto defaults sky rocket in the next year.

PS. Recession aint over folks.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
TPTB would like us all to think that the recession is near the end because they want us to go out and spend our cash. A funny thing has happened since the recession has started. The American people have actually stopped living above their means and started saving money.

Since America has lost its industrial power thanks to cheap overseas labor our economy has become strictly a consumer economy. Personal consumption accounts for 70 percent of gross domestic product of America and if people are not spending money on useless crap it is bad for the economy so they want all the sheeple to believe its all over so they stop saving.

www.hoover.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join