It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Hit Back at Climate-Change Skeptics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
reply to post by nixie_nox

I believe you are referring to Al Gores classic analogy:

If you put a frog in a pot of water and gradually increase the heat it will never know that it's being boiled alive.
But if you nuke the frog then it's dead, dead, dead.

Morale: Be nice to frogs even if they don't know that you're hurting them.

Wow, I didnt know that you can kill a frog 3 times.

Either that or Al Gore did not pay attention that much in biology.

Take a guess which one I am going for

That man is one sick puppy, why would you even think about boiling a poor frog, bet it would be different if the frog was rich.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
Global warming is a wrong word to use. It should be global extreme climate. Temperatures increases near the equator, but decrease near the poles, so avg temp will be the same, but extreme in different parts of the world. Some people are to dumb to see this. Warm temperatures cause more precipitation, therefore, causes more rainfall and snow. Snow reflects the sunlight, so u would get cold weather in some areas and very hot weather in another.

However, there is a hole in our geomanetic sphere that allows the radiation to penetrate causing the ice shelf to break in the artic regions.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by amfirst]

Hey Hey... watch it now, that hole in the geomagnetic sphere is claimed! That is my Scam... err.. .I mean scientific theory, scientific discovery and disclosure of the greatest threat to mankind ever! And we have a solution!

Electron Credits, WE will use the revenue to fix the hole, .50 cents of every dollar (net of course) will be used to fix the problem... the other .50 cents is for us... you know, research and all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK, here is the plan... the magnetic field is changing due to mans use of electricity.... Now, we can get a coalition of scientists to hit the government up for millions for research, have Al Gore make another movie and if we preach this well enough we can make a crap-ton of money just on the books.... If it goes really well after that, we can then press for "electron credits" and "electron Cap & Trade" scams.

I hereby again claim this scam.... err, I mean scientific discovery and disclosure of the greatest threat to mankind ever, publicly on the internet today and we will call this the "Infolurker Effect" going forward! We will make a mint by taxing every kilowatt of electricity produced in the WORLD! This is almost as good as the Co2 scam and nobody has claimed it yet so I am.. LOL! (Yes, the UN will gladly assist us in this department, we can give them a portion of the money to line their pockets and they will support us 100%)

Scientists, Please contact me when we have some graphs and some data to take to the press and I will schedule a press conference to officially announce the "Infolurker Affect" to the world. "PS, if you can somehow link this to Co2 instead of electricity production it would greatly assist our friends from the original C02 scam but they already have claim to C02 and WE will not make our money since they have cornered the Co2 market, so we need to be independent here and make sure we have a "New" man made cause of this imminent disaster please (electrical production and transportation over power lines sounds pretty good). No use sharing our new disaster with the Co2 clowns when we can start a whole NEW fear mongering money maker for ourselves.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The whole of Britain was warned that July would be roasting. It rained.
August would be BBQ weather! So far, its rained, and they've changed their prediction to "a washout"

In the 1970's early 80s, we warned that a new ice age was coming. We had quite a bit of heavy snow in 1986 I think it was.

These are some of the same people who are warning us of the weather in 50 years, but cant seem to predict weather for the next month, week, day.
You may argue that the ice age prediction of the 70s was flawed and that new factors had to be plumbed into it, but what if our 'new' formulas also requires tweaking?

An interesting picture, which makes more sense that the BS being force fed to us
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ece9763e6c2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Thanks so much for sharing the post.

[color=#484644]plan solution commission de surendettement[color=#484644] - commission de surendettement, vous pouvez demander un dossier de surendettement.[color=#484644]plan solution commission de surendettement

top topics

<< 1   >>

join