It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAMPS - are you going to act like an animal? or a HUMAN?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
simple..

if you're taken against your will.. medical epidemic, terrorist threat.. whatever the plethora of excuses to get people coralled into encampments...

WHILE you're there.. rights stripped.. treated as a prisoner..

are you going to go along with the flow.. act your best.. maybe even diminish your ego temporarily to just make-due..

or are you going to backlash no matter what and act as animalistic as possible?

I'm interested in knowing this because in such situations.. locked up with tons of strangers.. especially in the early phases.. (remember the katrina footbal-dome situation? ) ..people have proven to become subservient when constantly faced with a dominant presence.... and with such fervor about our rights as americans being taken lawfully.. how does that figure into all of this?

how are you going to psychologically prepare yourself for such a situation...
as temporary or long-term as it may be?

I've personally been working alot with the idea of attempting to maintain my soul's integrity through pain and pleasure.. through thick and thin.. and it's tough..
I'd like to say I would remain as integral as I'd like...

you?

I'm not asking you if you are going to be animalistic or human as the title states.. but more ... are you going to WATCH yourself... in determining your reactions to what happens to you...
and will you try to keep in mind your humanity.. over time.. in those circumstances? or wil you just say eff it and go ballistic and ape $hit?

-

[edit on 2-8-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I really do not think anyone knows how they will react if they are imprisoned until they are.

People can think about it all day long but most people go crazy, especially if they are imprisoned without being guilty of anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
When humans are imprisoned in big groups there anima instincts kick in, the group will appoint a suitable leader either verbally or mentally, some people wi resort to violence to be the group leader.

You have to keep your cool, your behaviour is subconciously sensed by other people, if you start crying others will start to cry, if you get violent other will get violent.

I would try to stay as calm as possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
well as a person decended from people who have fought againist an empire i.e the british ( and I bare no grudge to my english neighbours for what their leaders done to my people country and culture) I know I will cause as much hassel and not become subserviant to the athorities

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you allow yourself to be put into a camp then you will be useless to the Constitutionalists who will be fighting against your captors. In an concentration camp any kind of effective resistance will be impossible.

The best thing you can do is fight or flee, but do not allow yourself to be taken - you will only be killed later.

Worse, you will be forced to work for your captors, providing them with yet another source of labor that will give them even more advantage over the Constitutionalists who are attempting to free you.

Will you allow your family to be placed in a Concentration camp?

How will you Act when they come them You and Yours?

Where is your line in the sand? Will you draw it inside or outside the concentration camp...

*All American men over the age of 18 and of able-body are the Militia. You all better read up on your duties and responsibilities because soon you are gonna have make some very tough decisions.

I already left the country. Maybe it is not too late to get your family out. (so long as Homeland Security authorizes you to travel).

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Personal experience shows that humans will do whatever is necessary to survive until every ounce of hope is gone. Depending on circumstances, reactions may vary from extreme hostiily or meekness to catatonia. If isolated the reactions will differ from being penned in with hordes of others.

Basically, society will reform to suit the changed circumstances.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Every situation has a different set of things to consider, if it were just a Katrina dome type situation, I think I'd do everything within my power to get away from there. I could be wrong, but I don't think they were being kept against their will.

If forced into a concentration camp situation, I would do everything in my power to keep myself emotionally strong. If it comes down to being killed or being taken away to a concentration camp, I would go with them.

Once there, this would be my plan: Keep a low profile, appear to be compliant, watch others reactions, determine who is safe to align yourself with based on their reactions, do not align yourself with rashly reacting people (loose cannons) because they are dangerous to my survival, give hope to those who are feeling hopeless, expand my network intelligently, watch how the new system works, think through the range of reactions to actions of those in the new system based on my observation of them, create a plan based on how those in the new system will react, choose a time to act and act.

At that point, I think you've done everything you can.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
My guess is all the online 'rebels' will do anything to save their own skins

The time for doing something would be before they were put into camps

and I dont' see anyone doing anything

other than talk about what they like to believe they'd do in one of these alleged camps.

Talk's easy

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
The best thing you can do is fight or flee, but do not allow yourself to be taken - you will only be killed later.

Worse, you will be forced to work for your captors, providing them with yet another source of labor that will give them even more advantage over the Constitutionalists who are attempting to free you.

That may be all well and good with you but I say that given a choice of being killed immediately or later, I'll take later. Because there is always a chance of escape/survival of the situation if you're alive... there is zero chance of that if you're dead.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

That may be all well and good with you but I say that given a choice of being killed immediately or later, I'll take later. Because there is always a chance of escape/survival of the situation if you're alive... there is zero chance of that if you're dead.

Six Million Jews made that decision.

Look how well things turned out for them.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Six Million Jews made that decision.

Look how well things turned out for them.

Yes, and the percentage that survived was way higher than zero.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yes, and the percentage that survived was way higher than zero.

Now that is funny!

The irony of that statement with your signature:

“Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.” General George S. Patton, Jr.

LOL... sorry, that was funny.

I agree with Exuberant1, History shows us to many examples of what happens to people when they are "put into camps". No thank you, better to stand and fight with a weapon in your hand than die on your knees after being starved to death for months.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

This is the attitude that allows atrocities to occur. Life at any cost is the survival instinct of the ego at the cost of the spiritual. In this circumstance I choose death before the camp. Some lives are not worth living.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Anyone who allows themselves to be taken without a fight,
deserves whatever is in store for them.
They are useless eaters and are not worthy of freedom.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
This is the attitude that allows atrocities to occur. Life at any cost is the survival instinct of the ego at the cost of the spiritual. In this circumstance I choose death before the camp. Some lives are not worth living.

Perhaps you didn’t read my previous post.

Every situation has a different set of things to consider, if it were just a Katrina dome type situation, I think I'd do everything within my power to get away from there. I could be wrong, but I don't think they were being kept against their will.

If forced into a concentration camp situation, I would do everything in my power to keep myself emotionally strong. If it comes down to being killed or being taken away to a concentration camp, I would go with them.

Once there, this would be my plan: Keep a low profile, appear to be compliant, watch others reactions, determine who is safe to align yourself with based on their reactions, do not align yourself with rashly reacting people (loose cannons) because they are dangerous to my survival, give hope to those who are feeling hopeless, expand my network intelligently, watch how the new system works, think through the range of reactions to actions of those in the new system based on my observation of them, create a plan based on how those in the new system will react, choose a time to act and act.

I never once said or implied that I would become compliant. You are assuming that every instance of being taken will 100% result in death. I am not.

Originally posted by infolurker

Now that is funny!

The irony of that statement with your signature:

“Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.” General George S. Patton, Jr.

LOL... sorry, that was funny.

I agree with Exuberant1, History shows us to many examples of what happens to people when they are "put into camps". No thank you, better to stand and fight with a weapon in your hand than die on your knees after being starved to death for months.

That’s fine if that’s what you want to do. I choose to give myself the best chance at survival. I never said that I wouldn't resist – I definitely would resist, until someone holds a gun to my head.. If given the choice of dying immediately (literally no chance at life) versus the probability of dying later (some small chance at life) I would choose the small chance at life. And, I think, although I do not know you, you would too.

Please tell me how my signature is in any way ironic to what I have said. Moral courage is doing the right thing no matter what the circumstance. The right thing in this instance (someone holding a gun to my head), would be to live in order to intelligently fight. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that committing suicide via fighting when you know you can't win is not morally courageous at all. That just means that you are not willing to endure the atrocities of what may come your way in a concentration camp and actually shows a bit of cowardice.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Anyone who allows themselves to be taken without a fight,
deserves whatever is in store for them.
They are useless eaters and are not worthy of freedom.

Is standing in the middle of 6 people with machine guns with only a pistol to fight with really fighting? No it is not - it is committing suicide and is only subtracting one more "fighter" from the resistance.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This scenario of incarceration is so repugnant, my mind balks at entertaining how I would respond. Are you taking a survey for our evil overlords ?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

If it has really gone that far that we would be threatened
at gunpoint, we have much bigger problems and we're probably
all screwed anyway.

If we LET it go that far without a fight, we deserve what we get.

If they would shoot me anytime for any reason they decided,
I am dead anyway and it would be to late to fight my way out later.
If thats what this comes to now, why would the future be any better?
Who would want to live as a slave used to kill others?
You can live with that?

Do you know how many were gassed in the german camps as opposed to
how many escaped? The odds aint good of gettin out once you're in!
I would still rather die free than die a captive, but suit yourself.
I'm trying to show the other side of the arguement here.
If tptb decide people need rounded up, we are done for anyway.
Who would help us? I doubt anyone.

Your hoping for a miracle down the road as opposed to being free and
in control of your life now. There will be no "later".

Edit: thanks for the reply! I like your posts on ATS!

[edit on 2-8-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would work quietly and stealthily and quite diligently and efficiently behind the scenes to systematically smash as much of the camp’s infrastructure and administrational capabilities. I would seek to exploit the moral differences amongst the staff between the sadistic ones who enjoyed their job, position and power and the more moral ones who were working on staff because it’s just a job but a job they have serious reservations about and work to manipulate the latter group to obstruct the first group as often as possible. I would start a black market not for profit distribution network of pilfered clothes, shoes, medicines, food, keys and weapons to make sure they got into the neediest hands and the most skilled and determined hands. I would develop exit and entrance points for key members of the rebellious clique so that materials and resources from outside the camp could be brought in to eventually destroy the function ability of the camp and to liberate all the prisoners. I would place a 3 month time table on myself for doing this and look to date and bed the three most beautiful women in the camp at this time.

Then I would cry when it’s all over because playing camp is fun! I would then reluctantly go back to my typical boring life, wondering and waiting to see if I ever get to play camp again!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I was just responding to those that view being taken as an act of cowardice. It would not be cowardice in all circumstances. It would be the courageous thing to do in some circumstances.

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

If it has really gone that far that we would be threatened
at gunpoint, we have much bigger problems and we're probably
all screwed anyway.

If we LET it go that far without a fight, we deserve what we get.

I agree.

If they would shoot me anytime for any reason they decided,
I am dead anyway and it would be to late to fight my way out later.
If thats what this comes to now, why would the future be any better?
Who would want to live as a slave used to kill others?
You can live with that?

Well, obviously, there are lines that you can't cross and them forcing me to hurt or kill other people would be one of those. As far as what the future would look like, ask that question of the holocaust survivors. They probably did not think the future was very bright but it certainly turned out that it was.

Do you know how many were gassed in the german camps as opposed to how many escaped? The odds aint good of gettin out once you're in! I would still rather die free than die a captive, but suit yourself.
I'm trying to show the other side of the arguement here. If tptb decide people need rounded up, we are done for anyway. Who would help us? I doubt anyone.

Your hoping for a miracle down the road as opposed to being free and
in control of your life now. There will be no "later".

Edit: thanks for the reply! I like your posts on ATS!

However minimal those odds, I would choose them - I guess I'm an optimist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join