It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,000-year-old ritual cup found in Old City of Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

"To have 10 lines of text is unprecedented," he said in announcing the find Wednesday.

Although the script itself is not eroded or otherwise degraded, he said, researchers are not yet able to decipher it because the text is in an informal cursive script and is apparently deliberately cryptic. They know it contains the Hebrew word for God, YHWH or Yahweh, indicating it was probably important to the priests who used it in rituals. Gibson expected it to take two to six months to understand its meaning.

www.latimes.com...

I want to know what the 10 lines says ^^ There is a picture also, can someone check it out and see if they can decipher it before the well paid professionals.

And one more thing, don't come here and start a political garbage regarding Jews inhabitating the city 2000 years ago therefore giving them the right to invade that land. This is science related, don't want to go politics..

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

And one more thing, don't come here and start a political garbage regarding Jews inhabitating the city 2000 years ago therefore giving them the right to invade that land. This is science related, don't want to go politics..

Your own 'political garbage' brought politics up, so if someone chooses to bring it up, it would be on topic, so far as your original post. If you don't want to discuss something, you may want to try not broadcasting your own bias.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
And one more thing, don't come here and start a political garbage regarding Jews inhabiting the city 2000 years ago therefore giving them the right to invade that land. This is science related, don't want to go politics..

Isn't that the argument the pro-Palestinians use? Funny that.

Guess it's OK one way, but not the other.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It says "You watch too many Indiana Jones Movies - from Yahweh"

Also heres the direct link to the page:

2,000 year old cup

Seems like these archaeologists have a good find. They found temples, churches and other buildings and such.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

Funny it sounds as if you came here to make that exact political garbage which I stated is not necessary in this topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

And don't hesitate to explain which part of my paragraph gave you the scent of a pro-Palestinian being present here in this thread

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

I stated no opinion one way or another, merely pointed out that by broadcasting your own bias, YOU introduced politics into the thread. To put it simply, in a forum, you can not monologue and then tell everyone else, in essence, to agree or shut up.

Another free tip, if you decide to start off by declaring an opinion divergent from your own 'garbage' and expect no response, you are very foolish and/or trolling.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

OK show me where I broadcast my bias, so we can continue this useless discussion to some what more productive means.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There is no such thing as unbiased utterance.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

The conversation is only useless because you are too myopic to see your own error, as I have quoted it above, or you are simply a troll.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Calling someone's viewpoint "Garbage" is usually a clear indicator of your stance and does show bias.

Oooh boy Holy Grail talk is going to start up again. (Except for the Dan Brown converts).

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I don't think anybody is saying it's the holy grail. It's the inscription that makes it a unique find.

"Such ritual cups are common, especially in areas that were inhabited by priests, but usually they are unmarked or bear only a single line of text, such as a name, said archaeologist Shimon Gibson of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, who led the dig along with James Tabor of the same school."

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Back on topic...

Still.. if I had found a 2000 year old cup out that way I would be rushing to drink from it as quick as I could.

new topics

top topics

join