It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel this is proof that W.O.W is affecting teenagers minds.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well I couldnt sleep tonight much like most other nights for me. So I was just looking up funny videos on youtube hopeing for a good laugh. This is what I found and it blows my mind. How something as smiple as a video game has this effect on kids minds. Now I have never played this game but, I feel if W.O.W (World of Warcraft) has this effect on teenagers. Then something needs to be done to stop it and stop it now.
If this link thing dont work im sorry I dont know what it means by youtube number but, if you will just go to youtube.com and the video is called
Greatest freak out ever (ORIGINAL VIDEO)

If anyone could explain to me how a game could make a kid act like this please explian

[edit on 2-8-2009 by s14mikeysr20]

[edit on 2-8-2009 by s14mikeysr20]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Your video isn't working, but if it's that German kid screaming and pounding his keyboard, it's fake.

It's also accredited to Counter-strike, and other video games.

Basically, you pick a frustrating game, and post "reaction to GAME_X"

This has been around for years, btw.

Btw, some people really do get that upset over WoW. It has nothing to do with the game, but a persons natural personality and patience.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
He failed at linking it:

www.youtube.com...

My personal opinion is that its the brother who cancelled the account who is the real psycho here. He obviously enjoys causing pain to his brother quite a lot.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

This German Kid totally Freaks out because his "Unreal Tournament" loads too slow. Quite funny...

this german kid plays counter strike and freaks totally out, because it doesn´t work, or he loses. subtitled.

etc

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
yeah I tryed to edit it but I still dont know what im doing with these URL things. The title of the video I was trying to post is Greatest freak out ever (ORIGINAL VIDEO) if someone would be nice enough to help me out with this.

Thanks all

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Funny, but once you know its a act, it becomes less so. The guy did this as an act and put it on the internet. He didnt expect people to just buy it. Apparently a lot of people do.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by s14mikeysr20

Yes, I have to say to you that EVERYTHING out there is affecting our kids.

And we are powerless to stop it.

I think it is in order to brainwash the next generation.

And, since you cannot stop it, I suggest you enjoy your life.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by s14mikeysr20
yeah I tryed to edit it but I still dont know what im doing with these URL things. The title of the video I was trying to post is Greatest freak out ever (ORIGINAL VIDEO) if someone would be nice enough to help me out with this.

Thanks all

Change the link to: www.youtube.com... (mouseover to see the entire link)

So, dont paste the entire URL into the field, only the video ID part.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
At the very start of the video the brother you are talking about says his mom cancelled the account not him.
reply to post by Copernicus

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

At the very start of the video the brother you are talking about says his mom cancelled the account not him.

Still makes me sick to see him enjoy his brothers pain. Kids can be cruel.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I played WoW for a couple of years and stopped at the end of last year. Since I stopped playing I have occasional dreams (once a month) about the game and they make me want to play again, even though I don't get any fulfillment out of it anymore and haven't for a long time.

No other game has affected me like this, and I didn't even play it compulsively. I find it slightly disturbing.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
First of all it is fake.

Second of all if his account was canceled he would just walk down the street and pick up a prepaid WOW card as you can even get them in gas stations now lol. So no kid would care cause they have access to it one way or the other.

Not to mention there are just as good of online games now you can play for free most are trash but there is a couple way better than WOW that instead of paying a monthly fee you can buy items in game with real money but all the items normally are rare drops so it doesn't really matter to most people who can't afford to buy the items as eventually they will drop..

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% that is a horrible way to treat a brother or anyone for that matter, But I also think the parents are at blame for this if they knew or cared what was going on in there own house. It would be different. Even at the end of this video after hearing there son frecking out so much all they do is yell for him to shut up from another room thats not parenting in my book. I feel that both thos kids truly need help.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well, either it's fake, or the kid needs daily beatings.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Could you show me where you found out that this video was fake from?

The way I took it is if someones account got canceled they would lose all the work they put in on the game. So thats why I thought he was frecking out. Maybe it was not clear in my first post but, I didnt start this topic to debate what games are better then W.O.W but, to try and understand what it is in the games that makes kids react this way

reply to post by Darthorious

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Is this the same kid? If so this is alot worse then I thought either he is the most spoiled teenager ever or he really has psychological problems.

reply to post by SpacePunk

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Could you show me where you found out that this video was fake from?

The way I took it is if someones account got canceled they would lose all the work they put in on the game. So thats why I thought he was frecking out. Maybe it was not clear in my first post but, I didnt start this topic to debate what games are better then W.O.W but, to try and understand what it is in the games that makes kids react this way

reply to post by Darthorious

Yes, he probably thought he had. People spend years building a character that has really good weapons, armor etc. The drop ratio on the best items is like 5% and you only get the drop chance after spending 3-4 hours in a dungeon with 10-40 other people who also wants items. So its pretty difficult to get the best items. Thats the addiction however. Kids want to get the items, and they spend hundreds and thousands of hours to get them.

I played WoW for 10 weeks and I enjoyed it, but when realizing it was all a never-ending hamster wheel where Blizzard would simply put in new items every now and then, I lost interest in it. Why spend my time hunting virtual items when the hunt will never be over? The hunt wasnt even enjoyable anymore after so many weeks, it was just a chore.

Also you need to level your character so it can enter the best dungerons, and thats a hamster wheel in itself, constantly trying to get experience points by doing monotone boring quests or killing monsters so your character levels. The game is built up to be a grind that never ends.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Oh alright thank you that really helped me understand what the game was about. I can see now why it could become so addicting for some people. I guess the only thing I can see that could help with this problem. Is to warn parents about this and after they know its up to them to save there kids.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by s14mikeysr20

It's not as good as Everquest. They should play that instead of WoW.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Of course games affect you. That's kind of the point.

en.wikipedia.org...
Talk about truth in advertising huh?

When you were a kid and your mom stopped letting you win all the time didn't you feel slightly pissed? Didn't she say something like that you got to learn that you can't win all the time? Aren't you still slightly infuriated when you loose? Don't you attempt to win when you play a game? Once you get older you stop throwing the board at your buddy, but not because you don't want to

I'd go as far as to say if you have never been frustrated and downright angry because of a game, you haven't been playing enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join