It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when (gulp) the states takes over canada. we all know, btw.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We wouldn't take Canada. No offense to our northern friends and neighbors, but most of us here feel its one big North Dakota anyway.
But seriously, Canada is going through its own strife from what I here. Quebec is supposedly wanting to break away again(sounds like Texas??). Windsor at times feels like little Detroit(I used to live in the D. Stopped going over the Ambassador Bridge after the terror attacks) We've got too many problems here in the States and the Middle East to worry about them.

P.S. Why would we want to take over a country that spells its name with three letters? C, aye?, N, aye?, D, aye?

Just jiving ya', Canadians.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Canada and the US have too seemingly good of a relationship. If times of chaos, the US will defiantly corrupt Canada or at least try to influence the hell out of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i doubt we would ever to invade canade in a conventional war kind of way. what you would have to watch out for is the aholes in power doing it behind the scenes politically.
there would be to much for the us to lose by starting a war with them. plus they are probably our best friend on the earth. if we started a war now britain australia france to name a few would declare a war on us.
canada may not have a huge military but they do have some very good special forces and the canadians are even more hell bent on protecting their homeland than us to the south.
i wouldn't even doubt if you saw americans rising up and fighting on their side. our northern states would never stand for it-esp. since they would be ground zero. remember montana is just looking for a reason to secede.
if we attack canada we will have to much of a headache and i wouldn't even doubt that that sparks a civil war in america. once that starts they will quickly forget about canada.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If the US were ever to invade and take over Canada I think they would get a shock.
The few Canadians I have met seem pretty honest, straight forward people with a quiet but strong passion for their country.
Canada has always been a loyal and steadfast ally of the UK and I think they would receive significant assistance from here and other Commonwealth countries.

However, I think it is a moot point.
I don't see what the US would gain from it and have never suspected that it's part of any hidden US agenda.

Part of a North American Trade Alliance or Union and the Amero, maybe, but look at what a complete and utter failure and how corrupt the EU is, why would anyone want to replicate that??

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. Both countries share a profound commonality in just about every respect. I can't help but laugh at these ardent Canadian "culturists" who claim Canada has some huge rich heritage at stake that would be usurped by pax Americana. Give it a rest. Canada suckles on the US teat for food, entertainment, clothing, military, commerce, etc. the list is endless. Canada and the US will NEVER be in direct conflict to the point whereby arms are used.

And please...don't lower the standards by inserting lame beer/bacon jokes. It simply embarrasses everyone.

brill

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
After the economic collapse, perhaps Canada will take over the US?

Just kidding, we don't want y'all.

/Canadian

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Canada suckles on the US teat for food, entertainment, clothing, military, commerce, etc. the list is endless. Canada and the US will NEVER be in direct conflict to the point whereby arms are used.
brill

Somehow I have to disagree with that statement, at least from a B.C. point of view. I think both countries are "suckling" on each others teat. Where do you think a lot of your electricity is coming from and probably your water. We supply a lot of power to California. If we were to turn off the switch California would go black.........hmmmm....6th largest economy in the world would be in the stone age. Entertainment? Ya you are right but then the whole world suckles on that teat. Clothing? I have not seen any clothing made in the US here for years. Most of it comes from you know where. Military? Ya probably right there as well as we have no military here. Then again we don't need one. Try to remember who burnt down your whitehouse way back when. We will probably do it again.
America wants our water and pretty well everything else. America is pretty well a consumer nation. They buy and "take" from everybody else and produce very little. Why do you think they are sinking. If you want to get yourselves out of this financial mess you need to "make more stuff". I believe Peter Schiff or Gerald Celente said that.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Canada?The American economic house is collapsing and someone is suggesting adding another floor?If anything look for a flood of American refugees.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The UK, Canada and the US are essentially one country. TPTB let us think we are each independent with our borders and minor differences but behind the scenes we are essentially still part of the British Crown.

It is like our two party system in the US where they let us think we have a choice and there are differences but behind the scenes it is controlled by the same powers.

Personally I think the bond between the 3 countries is much stronger than the bond of the EU.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
I guarantee. if it was to happen every able bodied man and woman would fight to the death to protect our country.

One who lived in both countries for a long time .... I can see the cultural differences, and agree Canada would NOT tolerate any shenanigans, even if the politicians did try to sell Canada. the people unlike Americans would absolutely not stand for it nor let it happen.

a few laws here and there they grip about but let go, taking the country I'm afraid would be too much cake.

Yeh even the marijuana laws are weird, laws against it but when they stop you with any ........ its like ........ Ahhhh no biggie A...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
well i left with nothing then came back and this thread actually ahd a response or two, awesome.
Personally, I just built a three foot thick concrete suspended slab at my buddy's place.
let's call him tim.
tim is like an american, he doesn't trust the governement, yet at the same time, he is unlike an american, he doesn't trust the government.

If you ask me , it 's america that's having the identity crisis, not canada. We are not our politicians lapdogs, period. There is simply not enough population desnity to distract enough of us.

We're not huge, but damn, pound for pound, we're good.
ask gsp.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
If the US were ever to invade and take over Canada I think they would get a shock.
The few Canadians I have met seem pretty honest, straight forward people with a quiet but strong passion for their country.
Canada has always been a loyal and steadfast ally of the UK and I think they would receive significant assistance from here and other Commonwealth countries.

However, I think it is a moot point.
I don't see what the US would gain from it and have never suspected that it's part of any hidden US agenda.

Part of a North American Trade Alliance or Union and the Amero, maybe, but look at what a complete and utter failure and how corrupt the EU is, why would anyone want to replicate that??

to answer your post
:
natural resources.
they are not infinite.
i just shat a brick of pure copper cause the amount of metals up here are invading my diet.
no, i didn't really, btw.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

No, we will fight them with the knowledge that they would not dare to invade us.

Just like they don't send their nukes here because we said NO.

We may be small, but we have the power of our convictions, and we are not as corrupt as most other governments.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by infolurker

We may be small, but we have the power of our convictions, and we are not as corrupt as most other governments.

Are you sure about that, keep in mind Harper has been quite the guest at the bilderberg meetings in the last seven years.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I used to wonder sometimes if Canada would end up being the Poland of the 21st. century, rolled over by an Amerikan blitzkrieg, but I think that is very unlikely.

Why would they do it, to get access to our resources? They have access to our resources already and can have even more access if they want it. (Just put your basket on the counter near the cash register.)

Our countries are already siamese twins and things are going along just fine. We are each free to keep the illusion that we don't need each other, as long as it doesn't interfere with business.

If you look at a lot of the issues that have come up between the two countries, they usually are trade squabbles that are usually resolved. These are two countries who really love doing business with each other. Long may it continue.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sounds like a plan...their Head of State will be swept away like dirt and North America will be more like it was prior to 1763.

For the Canadians who want to fight...I'll just always remember that they are fighting for the British.

Hope they know what they are getting involved with.
Unless I am mistaken...I thought that Canada was already firmly under the control of some anonymous American. They'll be overthrown so fast they won't even know what hit them.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
Sounds like a plan...their Head of State will be swept away like dirt and North America will be more like it was prior to 1763.

Our head of state is the Queen of England.

For the Canadians who want to fight...I'll just always remember that they are fighting for the British.

Always is not always as long as people think it is.

Hope they know what they are getting involved with.

It would be hard not to after the last eight years.

Unless I am mistaken...I thought that Canada was already firmly under the control of some anonymous American.

That would be Britney Spears.

They'll be overthrown so fast they won't even know what hit them.

Maybe we'll figure it out afterward. The way the Iraqis did.

I think invading Canada would be a dumb idea for anyone. The only people who would really stand a chance up here are the Russians, no climatic adjustments to be made. Even most Canadians live where they can hug the southern border. Remember the Canadian tropics have the same climate as Detroit.

What ifs are fun to play sometimes, but Canadians and Americans are good friends and should stay that way. Never let it be said that America needs one less friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
See I think It's the opposite , You guys make some damn tasty bacon. I think the Canadian plan is to release mass amounts of cheap bacon into the USA (You KNOW we can't resist it) while we're too fat & lazy to move from your "Weapons of mass consumption" You send your 2 best guys down here (Dudley Do-Right & GSP) and we're finished. I see your wicked plan... I've got my eye on you Canada.

In all seriousness , I think most Americans forget about Canada as even being up there & It would be hard for the government to demonize you guys enough to brainwash the average blue collar American to get behind a War on Canada. Maybe they'd set up a false flag against Nascar and say you guys did it, I'm fairly sure If our government announced that Canada killed Nascar. Those good ol boy's would be coming up there to Git Er' Done!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I don't want to imply that the United States would actually send armed men into Canada...it will be a bloodless Political, Economic style coup.

Your Queen has been captured and its only a matter of time before Canada overthrows itself and runs to the United States for protection.

We will accept your tribute, I don't want a Sikh empire on the northern border and I really want to be able to visit some of your wilderness.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The shocking thing is that the take over may already have happened!

People in both our countries are too busy having fun and making money to notice something like that. People in other parts of the world already can't tell the difference between us.

Personally, I wish our country would keep it's trap shut more and just keep piling up the coin. You guys can have the limelight.

The only problem I have with America is that I think it is drifting away from what made it great. There are too many crooks at the top, but that is something for Americans to deal with. The average American is a very decent person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join